Dundee vs Partick Thistle - 16/08/14

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressed with partick for first 20mins. They tore us apart. After that much more even. And felt we were unlucky not to win. Just lack a wee bit of quality up front.

Harkins needs taken off the pens. And the red card was spot on. He gave the ref a decision to make and only has himself to blame.

Why was fox allowed to stay in the technical area and assist with the time wasting? Should he not be in the stands or changing room after a red card?

Agree that Harkins is one of those players that can change a game in a moment but see where Hartley was coming from, Harkins looked knackered and things were starting to break down when he was getting the ball.

Disappointing thing was Boyle looked likely to win game for us on Wednesday and was fouled in box for a pen we didn't get. But we didn't get him on it today at all. Thought peaso had a mare today, and couldn't understand why he played the 90.

Pish first half, much better in the second. A point probably fair but we had the chances to win it.

I'm torn about whether or not Wighton should start next week. He certainly livened things up when he came on, but at the moment he might be more of an impact player from the bench.

Happy with the point. Wighton was marvellous. I thought we dropped a gear when McMillan's forced substitution disrupted our flow, but he made the real difference.

Happy with the point. Wighton was marvellous. I thought we dropped a gear when McMillan's forced substitution disrupted our flow, but he made the real difference.

was 17 last week, wonderkid. such an intelligent player. Good finish for the goal too.

Give him 2 years and he'll be off.

Pish first half, much better in the second. A point probably fair but we had the chances to win it.

I'm torn about whether or not Wighton should start next week. He certainly livened things up when he came on, but at the moment he might be more of an impact player from the bench.

Know what you're saying but really I've seen more from him in 45 than all of the other strikers in 3 league games, so I'd start him.

Humf, on 16 Aug 2014 - 18:18, said:

Impressed with partick for first 20mins. They tore us apart. After that much more even. And felt we were unlucky not to win. Just lack a wee bit of quality up front.

Harkins needs taken off the pens. And the red card was spot on. He gave the ref a decision to make and only has himself to blame.

Why was fox allowed to stay in the technical area and assist with the time wasting? Should he not be in the stands or changing room after a red card?

Pretty sure he went straight down the tunnel?

Point was fair because we started poor again today. Complete domination 2nd half but we cant expect to win games if we arent playing the full 90 mins . Tankulic was shocking poor today, he may need to take a seat on the bench. Wighton and Stewart upfront for St.Mirren imo.

Whats the story with Dyer? Couldnt see what happened from the derry

I believe Wighton's performance today hasn't gone unnoticed by his current paymasters...

It's not a secret that he's just signed a new deal until 2017.

It remains to be seen if he'll see that our or if it's a Kevin McDonald-esque move to up the potential transfer fee.

It's not a secret that he's just signed a new deal until 2017.

Fair doos. I'm swimming in lager in Frew's and wasn't sure if it was common knowledge.

Oh dear Dundee. 3 games played, 0 games won and unable to win at home despite McPake diving and getting a penalty resulting in the opposition goalkeeper being sent off.

That Harkins boy is a bit of a fucking haddy isn't he?

Fox got sent off because he was an idiot. That's all. His only hope was that Craig Charleston was looking away at the time. He wasn't so a red card was pretty much inevitable nowadays.

Shocking substitution by Harley taking Gary Harkins off - only him and Wighton looked capable of opening them up. f**k knows what he was thinking about. Fucking shocking.

Harkins was guilty of fannying around on a few occasions in the second half, giving the ball away unnecessarily with risky flicks. Hartley seemed to get agitated the last time, and hooked Hartley shortly afterwards. I thought Boyle did very well with his face and directness. He showed a bit of skill too. I thought it was a reasonable switch.

I believe Wighton's performance today hasn't gone unnoticed by his current paymasters...

Hummm. You seem to have good contacts at Dens. I told the guys on the Perth Dees bus, but asked them not to blurt it out on P&B till it was on the fishul site.

On to the match itself. See our fishul report if you like, I.ve done enough writing. I can't really complain about a draw. We should have wrapped it up in the second half, but Thistle had much the better of the first half. If we manage to finish above them then it will be an excellent season. I doubt if they'll be in any trouble.

Archived