Dundee vs Partick Thistle - 16/08/14

Fox was sent off for raising his hands, was he not? After he was sent off, he was asking for another red trying to be the big man. I totally understand thistle wasting time for the last half hour but FFS, one of the dirtiest sides I've seen at dens in a long time.

Until the next time you need to exaggerate. :)

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until the next time you need to exaggerate. :)

I wouldn't say dirtiest team - defo amongst the most niggly but I'm not even sure it's a negative. I'd love Dundee to be that streetwise tbh.

I was mildly disappointed at thistles time wasting which started almost immediately after they scored even though they were well on top . Understandable late in the game but not early in the 1st half.

Aye Thompson is decent for taking stick and handing it back. Derek Lyle on the other hand...

I mind going to watch Livi V Killie about 10 years ago with my brother in law and Killie were winning 4 nil. Understandably the Livi fans were a tad miffed and were abusing the then future Dee Andy McLaren who had a quick look at the Ref to see if he was watching and then held up 4 fingers and gave the Livi fans a big grin which the Livi fans went ape shit at, I thought fair play myself.

You seem to have trouble interpreting my posts. I think it's violent conduct. He shouldn't be raising his hands so any force could be deemed excessive force. High profile example - beckhams flick out at simeone. Petulant but no excessive force and not very aggressive. Not a red card I take it?

Do you think players should have carte blanche to deliberately hit each other in the face as long as they are not too rough? This is in effect what you are advocating.

In your opinion what is the correct outcome from this incident? Since your such a stickler for formal laws you can also reference under which law you feel this falls and the appropriate punishment.

I remember Graeme Rix getting sent off for swinging his boot at an opponent - he missed by a good foot and a half - the card was given because of the intent not the actual contact (or lack of it).

Seems as if the Dundee fans are more caught up about the red card then thistle. Taking away that they couldn't score against a 10 man thistle team for half an hour at home. Relegation looms yet again..

Also, of note, Fox got applauded as he ran towards the Cox but seemed oblivious, Gallacher despite getting dog's abuse from the Dundee fans and tireless shouting towards him throughout the game, gave the Dundee support a wee clap at full time. Respect goes to the dirty arab b*****d.

When Gallagher last visited Firhill with Dunfermline he got stick for his pink kit and going bald (Thistle fans. Height of clever wit), and happily joined in. I believe even the aforementioned Jesus/Tramp was going mental at him and he just laughed right back at him.

Paul Gallagher. All round cool c**t.

Fox got sent off on purpose.

Probably felt sorry for u's. All ur fans skipping a meal so you could watch the game, so make it interesting as ur team obviously didn't give a f**k!

Ur patter is DEEreadful! Never mind pal mite get a laugh one day.... Actually just stick to the serious stuff... Actually sell your computer least that way you can afford tae go watch another dull display.

Probably felt sorry for u's. All ur fans skipping a meal so you could watch the game, so make it interesting as ur team obviously didn't give a f**k!

Ur patter is DEEreadful! Never mind pal mite get a laugh one day.... Actually just stick to the serious stuff... Actually sell your computer least that way you can afford tae go watch another dull display.

Heads gone yet again. IMO.

I think this football forum malarkey isn't really for you. Maybe stick to throwing bricks at livestock.

I love the "he didn't see him" and "he didn't realise he was so short, he was actually trying to push him away, on the shoulder" lines.

Jesus, looks like i spoke too soon!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28823030

Archie: "Our goalkeeper says he just put his hand up to push someone away. If it's worthy of an appeal, we will."

Time will tell if Archie thinks raising your hands to push someone is worthy of appealing a red card.

Archived