Raith Rovers V Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said earlier that the crowd won't exceed 7000 and I'm sticking by this. If you assume there's 4000 Hearts fans at the game then there won't be 3000 Rovers that turn up. There just won't.

ETA: the only way there would be possibly 7000 is indeed if Hearts fans do end up in our end.

One of my first away games was Raith and my dad got tickets in the wrong end! I fancy a few to go in your end and then a few neutrals and part time rovers fans etc 6500 or 7000. I'm hoping Raith go for it and we get a good game.

Always had a soft spot for the rovers, used to go with my old boss to a few games.

Brilliant post. I think my favourite was the Sloan goal free kick against Brechin. That or Gary Wales against Peterhead (the number of ex-Jambos mentioned in here is quite amusing)! For Sloan's goal, everyone knew it would take a special goal to get us going. An absolute peach of a free-kick right into the top corner, not dis-similar to Conroy's a couple of weeks ago.

Wales's goal was strange because it was such an average game for an absolutely glorious goal. We'd not seen a wondergoal in years at Stark's (Scott Crabbe scored a 35 yarder or so I think) but he just picked it up, looked up from about 35 yards and punted it with his next touch. Nobody could quite believe it.

Looking back, that was probably one of my favourite seasons following the Rovers. Especially after Willie Gray's antics the summer before.

It always helps if it's an important late goal when there is something at stake; either relegation or promotion.

That Sloan free-kick against Brechin was the business. Walker's last minute goal against Dundee when we were going for promotion was another cracker.

Gutted I wont make it to the game on Saturday as I'll be in Edinburgh. Would like to think we have a good chance of winning but 6 points from the first 9 would be a great start and definitely alot more than some (including me) were expecting after our loss to Dunfermline.

Speaking of fantastic Rath goals, sorry to hijack the thread, anyone remembers Blackadder's goal against Cowdenbeath at Starks in a routine humping of us? Dont remember many opposition goals over the years but this has been the exception.

Indeed. A Paul Scholes-esque volley at the edge of the box from a corner kick? 4-0 I believe

Seen a lot of Jambos dismissing Nade, saying the only way he can hurt them is if he sits on them and that he couldn't run 100 yards in under 20 seconds. They could be in for a surprise.

He'll be well up for this game. He'll either score or be sent off I predict.

Seen a lot of Jambos dismissing Nade, saying the only way he can hurt them is if he sits on them and that he couldn't run 100 yards in under 20 seconds. They could be in for a surprise.

Indeed. Unless Hearts have been keeping track of him since he left it'll be hard to change their opinions that he's now a good player. Hopefully he can do the business tomorrow. If Hearts back line are of the lightweight variety then he will have fun.

Am I right in remembering that McHattie was torn apart by us last season when we met? I seem to remember Clum picking the ball up on the wing and ripping a few folk before it got in for the stramash leading to our goal. I never saw Nade when he was with Hearts. What I will say is that I'm delighted with how he's been so far. When he went to Dundee, I was anticipating an Armand One mk2 type player but he's proven most teams who've seen him wrong so far. He seems determined to get his career on track after years of being of being a laughing stock.

I'm buzzing for when he plays Hibs though. I can almost guarantee they'll be singing about him with no idea of his current fitness. Indeed, this was recently posted this to show his weight issues.

Machine!

image.jpg

Indeed. Unless Hearts have been keeping track of him since he left it'll be hard to change their opinions that he's now a good player. Hopefully he can do the business tomorrow. If Hearts back line are of the lightweight variety then he will have fun.

I think most Hearts fans knew Nade had ability, his performance in the 4-2 win over Rangers is still one of the best I've seen from a Hearts striker, but it was more his complete lack of physical discipline that was the problem. He could barely run 30 yards and was always knackered after about 50 minutes. If he's got himself sorted weight wise, which he appears to have done he'll be a good player. That said, I still think we'll have enough about us to win this game, albeit narrowly.

I think most Hearts fans knew Nade had ability, his performance in the 4-2 win over Rangers is still one of the best I've seen from a Hearts striker, but it was more his complete lack of physical discipline that was the problem. He could barely run 30 yards and was always knackered after about 50 minutes. If he's got himself sorted weight wise, which he appears to have done he'll be a good player. That said, I still think we'll have enough about us to win this game, albeit narrowly.

Completely different Nade to that now mate ! Man runs his heart out and does not stop for 90 minutes :P !

On the nostalgia trip, does nobody remember Allan Walkers screamer that rattled in off the bar Vs Dundee in the 93rd minute, ending their 20 odd game unbeaten streak and keeping us in the league chase with the wee club !? Probably one of my best moments at Starks !

On the nostalgia trip, does nobody remember Allan Walkers screamer that rattled in off the bar Vs Dundee in the 93rd minute, ending their 20 odd game unbeaten streak and keeping us in the league chase with the wee club !? Probably one of my best moments at Starks !

Another glorious Stark's Park moment there. At the end of that game I genuinely felt we had the momentum to go on to win the league. We controlled the first half, before they came right back into it in the second half. After they scored, they had a man sent off and it was all us. Their fans had been banging on with their whole unbeaten team malarky for an absolute age, especially with Andy McNeil's (and our defences) capitulation up at Dens.

Seeing that fly in off the bar was another moment of sheer joy. I'd say about 99 times from 100 those ones will head into the stand but he struck it absolutely perfectly. The celebrations were utter carnage, especially given the crowd was a bit up on our usual given our league standing. We absolutely bottled it the next home game against Cowdenbeath where McNeill had a horror show to gift the Pars the initiative in the title race. Its a shame how that season ended up, albeit looking back it was probably for the better. We couldn't afford promotion of the SPL at the time.

Another glorious Stark's Park moment there. At the end of that game I genuinely felt we had the momentum to go on to win the league. We controlled the first half, before they came right back into it in the second half. After they scored, they had a man sent off and it was all us. Their fans had been banging on with their whole unbeaten team malarky for an absolute age, especially with Andy McNeil's (and our defences) capitulation up at Dens.

Seeing that fly in off the bar was another moment of sheer joy. I'd say about 99 times from 100 those ones will head into the stand but he struck it absolutely perfectly. The celebrations were utter carnage, especially given the crowd was a bit up on our usual given our league standing. We absolutely bottled it the next home game against Cowdenbeath where McNeill had a horror show to gift the Pars the initiative in the title race. Its a shame how that season ended up, albeit looking back it was probably for the better. We couldn't afford promotion of the SPL at the time.

Would be rude not to post it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtDK0TZ-0Jo

Boy on the police box :thumsup2

Am I right in remembering that McHattie was torn apart by us last season when we met? I seem to remember Clum picking the ball up on the wing and ripping a few folk before it got in for the stramash leading to our goal. I never saw Nade when he was with Hearts. What I will say is that I'm delighted with how he's been so far. When he went to Dundee, I was anticipating an Armand One mk2 type player but he's proven most teams who've seen him wrong so far. He seems determined to get his career on track after years of being of being a laughing stock.

I'm buzzing for when he plays Hibs though. I can almost guarantee they'll be singing about him with no idea of his current fitness. Indeed, this was recently posted this to show his weight issues.

McHattie did indeed have a nightmare in the cup game but I see Hearts have signed a new left back so McHattie might not even play tomorrow.

McHattie did indeed have a nightmare in the cup game but I see Hearts have signed a new left back so McHattie might not even play tomorrow.

Eckersley will replace McGhee at right back if he is fit enough to play. McHattie has progressed from last last season but still has his moments.

Archived