• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in season 88/89 we got deducted points for playing Kevin Hoggan who had been signed from a team in Germany and there was something wrong with his registration and in 1991/92 after beating Arbroath 5-1 in the Skol Cup we had to replay the match and got fined £5k as there was some cock up with Andy Irving's registration.

Cheers Andy - i knew it was one Kevin :lol:

Pete scored a hat-rick v Arbroath if i mind right?

352 requires 2 effective strikers and 2 attacking wingbacks who give the team width going forward. We dont have 2 of either.

So what do we have? We don't have played for the 442, we don't have played for the 451 or 433. We have f**k all. Adamson has played LWB last season so no excuse there. The strikers being poor are 100% the managers fault.

We simply have an unbalanced squad that doesn't fit any formation. Unbelievable.

How often do they not play "near their potential"?

Quite often but up to the point where the mistake happened I thought Cowden were edging it. The performance levels did seem to drop after that. Could just be the impression I got tho. We certainly didn't threaten alloa with any conviction from then on.

So what do we have? We don't have played for the 442, we don't have played for the 451 or 433. We have f**k all. Adamson has played LWB last season so no excuse there. The strikers being poor are 100% the managers fault.

We simply have an unbalanced squad that doesn't fit any formation. Unbelievable.

We don't know if Sutherland or CJ will cut it yet. Both of them have played less than 20 minutes at CF this season.

I don't think we are quite getting the credit we deserve. Any team in the Championship going to Cowden and winning 3-0 has to have played well. We were excellent throughout the team yesterday.

I thought that Alloa were fantastic. Best team I have ever seen us play. Skill and composure in every single position. Their keeper was a handsome beast and the Alloa Physio worked miracles in keeping them lubed up and 100% fit throughout the match. Brilliant supporters as well.

Happy now? ;)

I thought that Alloa were fantastic. Best team I have ever seen us play. Skill and composure in every single position. Their keeper was a handsome beast and the Alloa Physio worked miracles in keeping them lubed up and 100% fit throughout the match. Brilliant

supporters as well.

Happy now? ;)

Ohhhhhhhhh ya COO

Another top notch display from Liam Buchanan. Signing of the season!

Better than 3 of 4 we used -or should have used - yesterday. Our signings will have to improve.

Do you think Cowden will recieve some sort of punishmen for this? A fine maybe?

Don`t get me wrong, I wouldn`t like to see it happen, but surely if a rule has been broken they`ll be expectting some sort of repremand.

If it goes in front of a panel i`d imagine replacing the player after ten minutes will look favourable for them.

£250.00 for this first offence. CJ is a fully registered Cowden player.He could have and should have been listed in the official forms which both teams are required to submit to the referee one hour before kick off. The Ref/match officials could also have picked this one up before giving CJ permission to enter tne field of play. All concerned including governing bodies might well now tighten procedures.

Why would the officials allow the player on the park they should take a note of the subs from the team sheets and log it in small note book they all carry

No name no play

For once your right :lol: As far as I remember the refs 'notebook' is actually a card with spaces to record goal times,subs and cards given out, it doesn't actually have space to list the full squads.

Aye. That's right.

But Donald's in the paper saying it didnae happen and Johnston was injured - after passing a late fitness test and being added to the teamsheets- which means we were pish for no other reason than we were pish and have no cover / depth of squad.

Archived