• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait so let me get this clear...JN put on a player 7 minutes in who wasn't listed in the match day squad. He then subbed off the same player 10 minutes later...was he injured I take it? Sounds like quite a mess.

A lot of good performances today with Gordon, Simmons, Cawley and Buchanan all very good. My man of the match though would be Docherty, excellent going forward and in defence today and he seemed tireless too. He was very committed in everything he did today and seems very hungry to make sure he can't be dropped from the starting eleven.

I'd pick those five out for special mention too. For me Buchanan just edged MotM, but you could make a case for any of the five.

Up until we opened the scoring, I didn't think there was much between the teams, but as with the Stirling game I felt that if we upped our tempo then we had a very good chance of winning. After we opened the scoring we looked the better side and the two early goals in the second half clearly killed the game.

Wait so let me get this clear...JN put on a player 7 minutes in who wasn't listed in the match day squad. He then subbed off the same player 10 minutes later...was he injured I take it? Sounds like quite a mess.

No. Not injured. The mistake was brought to someone's attention so the rumour goes. He was then subbed. Another rumour goes that the ref and Alloa were prepared to leave it at that. But our players seemed unsettled by it.

Hearing that the issue was sorted at half time with the ref, but what would have the authorities done if we had got a result second half.That was never going to happen though, as when Johnston was taken off the game died.

Up til then this was a close match with Alloa braking and shooting from distance when the chance arose, where in contrast we were taking too many touches and trying to walk the ball into the net.

Alloa scored with a shot that took a deflection, but our midfield again never closed down the threat.

Seen Spence head the second goal and Chopper heading against the bar before leaving the farce.Would never walk out on the team, but it was a pointless half where our players obviously couldn't concentrate fully.So annoying as we had just about our strongest side out there, with certainly our best formation.

Expect some kind of statement from the club on this, totally unacceptable at this level, and I am especially disappointed for the fans that bring their kids along that may struggle financially to follow the team.

Also we could have signed Spence and didn't, but far better what we have.

No. Not injured. The mistake was brought to someone's attention so the rumour goes. He was then subbed. Another rumour goes that the ref and Alloa were prepared to leave it at that. But our players seemed unsettled by it.

Christ what a shambles. Seems like a pretty bad day for all involved with Cowden.

Also we could have signed Spence and didn't, but far better what we have.

Spence would have been a great signing for us. As you say, a lot better than Sutherland and Jurisic.

I thought Johnston looked decent for the 10 minutes that he was on. He is very direct and will score goals. I'd like to see him start up front.

Spence would have been a great signing for us. As you say, a lot better than Sutherland and Jurisic.

I thought Johnston looked decent for the 10 minutes that he was on. He is very direct and will score goals. I'd like to see him start up front.

We were a threat with the youngster up top with Higgins for the short time he was on the field.played for once in his real position.

We were a threat with the youngster up top with Higgins for the short time he was on the field.played for once in his real position.

Could see his shock when was subbed off. Looked distraught after Jimmy explained to him and he had to go down the tunnel as he wasn't officially in the squad.

If it was sorted out at half time it makes our second half performance even worse. Might have saved us a fine though.

Another rumour goes that the ref and Alloa were prepared to leave it at that. But our players seemed unsettled by it.

:lol: In what way did the players seem unsettled by it?

Johnston..... I'd like to see him start up front.

Remember to include him in the starting eleven on the team sheet. ;)

The chief exec came down from the stand and went to the dug-out. CJ was immediately hooked. Alloa subs/officials had figured it out as well and were waving teamsheets about.

Chairman didn't look happy when he went pitch-side. Hope he rips staff and players a new one after that fiasco

Could see his shock when was subbed off. Looked distraught after Jimmy explained to him and he had to go down the tunnel as he wasn't officially in the squad.

If it was sorted out at half time it makes our second half performance even worse. Might have saved us a fine though.

To be fair to the players it must have been near impossible to concentrate fully not being certain if they were actually going to achieve anything out there, whether sorted with the ref or not.

To be fair to the players it must have been near impossible to concentrate fully not being certain if they were actually going to achieve anything out there, whether sorted with the ref or not.

Thinking about it does the ref have the authority to allow something like that? If we'd won that game I'm sure Alloa would have appealed and we wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Thinking about it does the ref have the authority to allow something like that? If we'd won that game I'm sure Alloa would have appealed and we wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Would think you are right, but I am really not sure on the rules for this as I have never come across a situation like this before.

Archived