Sturgeon Coup Plot

DeeTillEhDeh

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I'm suspicious especially as there is no name.

But if (and I do say if) it is true who are the likely candidates to have made such a claim?

There aren't really very many candidates. Apart from two obvious contenders. I can only think of one other person who may fit the bill.

As such, I'm calling bullshit. It's a bit of mischief-making by the Express.

Who cares?

They are just rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic and some of the rats are deserting the ship for the lifeboats.

What are the odds now.

There aren't really very many candidates. Apart from two obvious contenders. I can only think of one other person who may fit the bill.

As such, I'm calling bullshit. It's a bit of mischief-making by the Express.

Doesn't say if they are still a party member so it could be Bill Walker who was close to Sturgeon before his fall from grace.

Others I thought of are:

* Andrew Wilson

* Lloyd Quinan (ex-SNP)

* John Finnie (ex-SNP)

* Duncan Hamilton

* Christopher Harvie

* Bruce McFee

Out of that list I'd say Wilson would be a prime suspect.

Doesn't say if they are still a party member so it could be Bill Walker who was close to Sturgeon before his fall from grace.

Others I thought of are:

* Andrew Wilson

* Lloyd Quinan (ex-SNP)

* John Finnie (ex-SNP)

* Duncan Hamilton

* Christopher Harvie

* Bruce McFee

It says ex-MP, not ex-MSP. Look back at your list.

As such, the muck-raking rag is either incorrect or mischief making. Do you really see it being either of the two realistic contenders (neither of whom make your list)?

This is excellent news. Not the story, it's clearly a trumped up fluff piece, but the fact that the Express feels the need to run it shows the Bitter Together campaign is beginning to panic. After spending months trying to spread fear and doubt with limited success they have now moved on to try and exploit the fact that Sturgeon has a lower approval rating than Salmond does. It really is schoolboy level stuff.

The end game is upon us, and stories like this show that the No campaign are completely rattled. I expect a further story in the coming days regarding the finances of the SNP party itself, possibly relating to their donors or possibly about some alleged impropriety regarding expenses at Holyrood.

It says ex-MP, not ex-MSP. Look back at your list.

As such, the muck-raking rag is either incorrect or mischief making. Do you really see it being either of the two realistic contenders (neither of whom make your list)?

Just checked - some other papers had ex-MSP.

If it's an ex-MP then that is a very short list - I've not included some who would clearly be ruled out such as Alasdair Morgan as he is an Electoral Commissioner:

* Winnie Ewing

* Gordon Wilson

* George Reid

Hahaha - look at this thread.

MSP? MP? Who is he/she? Does Wiki go as far back as Winnie Ewing's time?

I started as a mild/soft yes vote. Now a fiece yes. Not down to any love of the Yes campaign and there could have been a positive case for the Union, but it's failed to come around.

If No lose, which I now think they have a huge chance of doing so, it's down to themselves.

To top it off, there's a picture of Salmond in this thread too. :lol:

You'll never get it.

Oh dear dear dear DeeTillEhDeh, I don't know who's more desperate, you or the Express.

You can trot out all the names you like, anyone with a modicum of sense can see this is the death rattle of one of the more pro Union rags. This has Kerry Gill all over it.

A non story by a pathetic newspaper.

Oh dear dear dear DeeTillEhDeh, I don't know who's more desperate, you or the Express.

You can trot out all the names you like, anyone with a modicum of sense can see this is the death rattle of one of the more pro Union rags. This has Kerry Gill all over it.

^^^ This with bells on.

It may be or it may not. We'll see.

As for the names - was trying to suss who it might have been - as pointed out a very short list. If I had said ex-MSP (I do need to slow down reading on my mobile) then there are a few with axes to grind that might have done it. The list of possibilities just seems odd - given their prominence I doubt the Express would have used the ex-MP tag.

It may be or it may not. We'll see.

As for the names - was trying to suss who it might have been - as pointed out a very short list. If I had said ex-MSP (I do need to slow down reading on my mobile) then there are a few with axes to grind that might have done it. The list of possibilities just seems odd - given their prominence I doubt the Express would have used the ex-MP tag.

Or it could be completely fabricated by the writer or the paper.

Archived