Should we have a SPFL TV?

Since there are 90 games on SKY, BT and Alba this season, isn't it time the SPFL said screw them and opened up a new PPV Scottish Football Channel.

They used to have this in Holland where the Eredivisie had it's own TV Channel, having rights for Eredivise matches and Europa League games. I suggest we do this, for a couple years, to boost the offers for the TV Deal. Also, I think we should pull the highlights program from the beeb. Just so SPFL TV could have a monopoly. SPFL TV should also buy the rights to all Cup games and Scotland matches.

It's unlikely this is going to pay more money than the existing deals do. You already have people paying for Sky Sports and BT, so would they really pay for this as well?

Well I think it could take some people away from BT and Sky, I originally got Sky so I could watch Scotland games. And money comes from advertisements as well, SPFL currently makes money by having their highlights on Youtube

I already pay a horrendous amount for sky and bt.

Anyway bt do a great job of covering the matches, sky not so much but the effort should be put into getting more money from the channels already covering the game and not invested in a channel that is doomed to fail.

I would like to see it. No longer pay for either BT Sport or Sky Sports (which is going up by more the 10% this year) to funnel money to the English league and starve the Scottish game of funds and support. If I could pay for only Scottish football I would.

Can't see it though.

I think the problems would remain as they always have been... Firstly the cost and complexity of doing the infrastructure and back-house stuff and doing it profesionally enough. Secondly the need to get people who don't subscribe to Sky/BT just for Scottish football to move-over, or to add this cost on top.

The Youtube channel is the future.

Totally agree with this. But hopefully they bring back the SFL TV equivalent back with the reviews of all the matches in the lower leagues. Rather than the 29 second clips with the tap in.

We don't even have a fucking title sponsor, never mind a sponsor for a TV channel.

How many other leagues have sponsors and not "official partners"

I know England does, but I can't think of anymore from the top of my head. i.e The Irn Bru Bundesliga

Archived