Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

I remember Chris Basham as a bit of a beast from range and free kicks in last years game. Or certainly he was for my Blackpool team, is that still the case Kyle?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Chris Basham as a bit of a beast from range and free kicks in last years game. Or certainly he was for my Blackpool team, is that still the case Kyle?

His goal was a raker from outside box for me. I'll have a look at his stats when I get in - he's my anchor man at the moment, so I might have to try and push him further forward if that's the case!

His goal was a raker from outside box for me. I'll have a look at his stats when I get in - he's my anchor man at the moment, so I might have to try and push him further forward if that's the case!

IIRC I used to play him as a deep lying playmaker. He wasn't the best creatively, but it meant he say a bit deeper and waited for the ball, as opposed to getting in the box.

Im having great fortune with a 4-1-4-1 formation. Always considered it too defensive tbh

I've got the wingers pushed on, so its more of a 4-1-2-2-1 if you catch my drift. It's worked for 3 games, but early days so far. I wouldn't dare play 4-4-2 this year though! I can't get stop conceding when I do.

IIRC I used to play him as a deep lying playmaker. He wasn't the best creatively, but it meant he say a bit deeper and waited for the ball, as opposed to getting in the box.

I've got Lewis Macleod (or Sean Murray) playing as an advanced playmaker in the middle of the park at the moment, so I'm reluctant to move Basham away from being so stoically defensive. Might be worth a try in the next round of the JPT!

I've got Lewis Macleod (or Sean Murray) playing as an advanced playmaker in the middle of the park at the moment, so I'm reluctant to move Basham away from being so stoically defensive. Might be worth a try in the next round of the JPT!

Aye Macleod is a quality player, albeit I always tried to utilise his energy in a B2B role this year, can see how he's work as AP though. I'm not a massive fan of the AP role though, cause I always play a midfield 2, I go for the more broad roles, usually a BWM and a B2B which gives a decent balance with 2 wide men as opposed to wingers. If I ever venture to a 5 man midfield, I'll put one in I guess, but never as an attacking option.

So in the First Knockout Round in the Champions League, I got Chelsea. Fully expected to get thumped and after being beat 3-1 at home, I'm sure my European adventure is coming to an end.

The game apparently has other ideas.

60e14f1302511ee4976ca7a9fffe9e06.png

Oh and yeah, Ciftci is top scorer, although admittedly that is because he scored a fair few against the minnows in qualifying.

I've got the wingers pushed on, so its more of a 4-1-2-2-1 if you catch my drift. It's worked for 3 games, but early days so far. I wouldn't dare play 4-4-2 this year though! I can't get stop conceding when I do.

I just set my wide men as Wingers with the Attack mentality. Seems to work although we struggle to create against teams who sit very deep.

Agree about 4-4-2.

Playing with no AM is pretty annoying though, as they always seem to be the best regens.

I've only ever had 1 or 2 good AMC regens. My best ones always seem to be either GK, CB or ST

I've only ever had 1 or 2 good AMC regens. My best ones always seem to be either GK, CB or ST

I meant in general tbh, although my only two decent ones recently have been AMC ones.

Released Forrest from Celtic because his £20k a week was too much, he then signed for Partick on £1k a week hahaha.

He's at Queens Park on mine, possibly along with Kallum Higginbotham!

Agree about AMC's - absolute abundance of regens that look great there. Struggling to find good left backs though - brought back Aaron Taylor Sinclair who's been decent, though.

Won my second title in 4 seasons, but followed it up with a grave error. We've been packing Firhill out every week so I asked for a new stadium, just to see if I could get one as I was sure the board would say no. They've now underwent a £35m project for a 20,000 seater "Partick Thistle Stadium", that has absolutely raped my budget. Percentage transfer revenue is down to %5 :lol:

Can still just about scrape a really good team together with a handful of pre-contracts coming in, but injuries will bugger me unless I can convince the board to give me something later down the line.

On a side note, Sevco were bottom of the league and I gave them two of my most promising young players on loan as they were being promised regular football. Both played a starring role in keeping them up. I feel dirty.

Anyone know any teams with a good youth system on this years FM? Usually do a Scotland U21 save, but fancy doing a club one and bringing through loads of youth players. Always a lot more enjoyable doing good without spending a ton of money.

Anyone know any teams with a good youth system on this years FM? Usually do a Scotland U21 save, but fancy doing a club one and bringing through loads of youth players. Always a lot more enjoyable doing good without spending a ton of money.

In Scotland? Or anywhere?

Falkirk, you have the likes of Sheppard, Biabi, Rowan, McNabb and O`hara to choose from and progress.

I'm in 2024/2025, and some of the difference in the clubs is insane :lol:

Dundee sit mid-table in League Two. East Fife sit clear of the bottom teams in the Premiership. Hearts and Motherwell are in the Championship. Hibernian are in League One and haven't played in the Premiership since their real life relegation. Kilmarnock are the richest side in the country :o

In Scotland? Or anywhere?

Preferably Scotland, but something different might be a good change.

Falkirk, you have the likes of Sheppard, Biabi, Rowan, McNabb and O`hara to choose from and progress.

Cheers, was having a look between Falkirk and Hearts as the obvious choices, was thinking Dundee Utd too, but fancy working up the divisions.

Archived