Vincent Tan CORRECT In Getting Rid Of Moody And Mackay

Ludo*1

The narrative presented by a biased media is never correct - in fact, it is often explicitly wrong.

I like how everyone is blaming the owner, the media set up here is always to blame the owner and lay nothing at the manager.

It's clear to me Mackay is goading him into getting a severance package, and that he leaked this email to get some sympathy. He's the guilty party here moreso than the owner.

If Ian Moody overspent on his transfer budget, there's no way the owner should have allowed it, but it's still a valid reason for sacking him anyway.

You mean according to the guy who was sacked, as opposed to the guy who set the budget :unsure:

Tan can sack him whenever he wants, he just doesn't want to have to pay for it. Mackay made the first initial comment about hoping transfer funds would be available in January when he knew they wouldn't.

This is two greedy men having pots at each other in the media, not the mental owner vs. the gallant respectful manager as the British media would have us believe.

He did come out and say, very recently in fact. It is what sparked this row. The "Kazakh boy" still doesn't have a position at the club.

Nobody is suggesting Mackay should walk away, he's doing exactly what I'd be doing in the circumstances. But his actions are 100% motivated by greed, just so long as people accept this. He has sparked this row as much as the "mental owner".

Done well? Say your boss sacks a subordinate you quite like and says you can't your department can't have any more money, you hardly start a row with him in the local press.

Mackay needs to grow the f**k up and remember who pays his wages. Or kick up a fuss to get a severance package - he clearly went for the latter.

Not really, if you look at Cardiffs signing they seem excessive and pretty poor. Ian Moody went to Crystal Palace afterwards, which demonstrates how high his stock really is. Presumably by getting this other guy they are effectively getting rid of the role altogether.

And it seems a pretty standard offer to me, Tan doesn't want to have to pay to sack him - obviously - so offers him the chance to resign. It will happen in every sacking, again because Chairman don't want to lose full severance, the only outrage comes from Mackay deliberately leaking an internal email - which could be deemed a sacking offence in itself.

And one more that got Ad Lib to quiet down for once:

Most owners disregard what fans think. Fans are idiots, basically.

We don't know if Mackay has breached his contract or not, he is certainly leaking internal emails.

It's only speculation as to how much influence he has over transfers. If he does identify the targets, he sure got it wrong with Cornelius.

Nobody is saying Tan acted properly, just that there is two sides to this story and Mackay isn't the blameless victim he is being portrayed as.

The only narrative to trust is my narrative.

Why are the daily mail allowed to read people's private text messages again?

I assume they were texts sent on company phones. Hence why Cardiff's lawyers could get access to them.

He's an arsehole. Thought he was a decent guy until now, felt sorry for him getting the sack but if this is why he was given the boot at the time he deserves everything he gets.

For the racist and horrible texts it's quite right the two of them have been punted.

I do find it fishy that Crystal Palace were involved in accusations of spying on Cardiff last season.

Also how were the texts and emails obtained?

Dodgy.

Amazing that some folks are willing to parade the "it's not that bad/I hear worse every day at work" stuff.

That doesn't make this less serious, it just means that you work with horrible excuses for human beings. Get the CVs sent out before your workplace ends up in the papers too.

Amazing that some folks are willing to parade the "it's not that bad/I hear worse every day at work" stuff.

That doesn't make this less serious, it just means that you work with horrible excuses for human beings. Get the CVs sent out before your workplace ends up in the papers too.

I work in a garage, which is hardly the place you go to if you're easily offended, so my "perceptions" are skewed slightly

Do you challenge the beliefs of all the racists you seem to encounter?

Yes, everytime I hear an offensive remark I phone the police immediately

That's not what I asked. Do you challenge those making the racist remarks?

No, because I'm also a huge racist, obviously

Edited by RandomGuy.

Nice to see Supras take a break from his Casual Bystander account tbh

Yeah, I noticed that. Quite funny that people think I have the dedication to wake up and post at 5am.

But whoever he is, he must be doing something right to draw comparisons with a poster of such high esteem as myself. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

They were talking about this on Talksport and apparently because Mackay had filed for unfair dismissal and was suing Cardiff they are entitled to look for evidence to support their actions.

So why wait until he gets offered another job? Although terrible in isolation it possibly could have been taken out of context completely. Doubtful to be honest but if it was a daft conversation it could be possible?

Is Tan effectively saying it's ok to be racist but not if it costs me money or did he get rid of him for racism but keep it out of the papers? If so why would Mackay claim for unfair dismissal?

Edit - just remembered that Malky was sent an aggressive email by Tan telling him to resign or be sacked. Not once did he mention racism or bad behaviour.

Weird.

Edited by DAFC