How are the people you know voting?

gazelle

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you work? The Louden Tavern?

I wouldn't lower myself to work in there.

As part of the Subcrawl, I have visited said establishment a few times though. Good sandwiches.

Larkhall?

Never been but sounds like I don't wanna go.

Sounds like some Sevco Unionist backwater full of UJs and Neds firing about with Bulldogs and Rangers tops from 2007 with the number 54 W.A.T.P on the back. Like Ballingry actually....

Is there a Celtic equivalent where they all hate the Union anywhere?

Never been but sounds like I don't wanna go.

Sounds like some Sevco Unionist backwater full of UJs and Neds firing about with Bulldogs and Rangers tops from 2007 with the number 54 W.A.T.P on the back. Like Ballingry actually....

Is there a Celtic equivalent where they all hate the Union anywhere?

My ex-brother-in-law crawled out of there.

Most of my friends are voting yes.

Most of my family are voting no, except my dad who will be a yes.

Fortunately most of the no voters are thick and never normally vote so there is a strong chance they will f**k it up by drawing a smiley face on the ballot paper or putting a stamp on it and sending it to "12 Downers Street, Lundawn".

Most of my friends are voting yes.

Most of my family are voting no, except my dad who will be a yes.

Fortunately most of the no voters are thick and never normally vote so there is a strong chance they will f**k it up by drawing a smiley face on the ballot paper or putting a stamp on it and sending it to "12 Downers Street, Lundawn".

All No voters, are thick, stupid, selfish, morons, cu*nt s, dick*heads, wan*ers!! Keep it coming!! It only shows how shallow and desperate you are!! Your abuse counts for f*ck all!!

All No voters, are thick, stupid, selfish, morons, cu*nt s, dick*heads, wan*ers!! Keep it coming!! It only shows how shallow and desperate you are!! Your abuse counts for f*ck all!!

He meant out of his own pals you feckin eeediot.

Clearly you fall within that description aswell though with that reply.

:lol:

Family - Only me, my brother and my mum live in Scotland and all three are nailed on yes voters.

School friends that I still hang around with - Mainly uninterested. Three of them are definitely yes, the rest seemingly not fussed either way.

Friends from uni - My three best mates from uni are all staunch no voters and nothing will change their minds. After them it's never came up with anyone I know from uni, apart from two who I know are yes voters.

People I know from my festival job - Me and four strong yes voters in a swarm of no voters. I've heard one or two say they've moved from no to unsure though, which is encouraging.

Scots I know from travelling - All yes, but not much of a selection there.

General acquaintances and people I only keep up to date with through Facebook - There does seem to be more yes voters out there, but I'm wary of that as folk on the yes side seem more vocal in general. There's one or two people I have on FB who constantly post shite about how bad independence will be, but most of the independence related posts I read are for it. I have 23 friends who like Yes Scotland and 16 who like Better Together (and I know at least one of the latter now plans to vote yes).

The thing is though, in all the above groups (apart from the raging Britnats in the uni and festival section who's opinions will never be changed) I'm seeing people everywhere who didn't want independence but are changing their minds the more they know. The fact that a combined 39 people on my FB like the two campaigns pages (less than 10%) shows that many still aren't engaged and won't be right up until they have to make a choice. The only thing that gives me hope is that when people know their stuff on independence, they generally like the sound of it.

Where do you work? The Louden Tavern?

When I first came to Scotland i decided to have a pub crawl in Glasgow on my first day off. I walked in there first around eleven in the morning wearing a London Irish top. Had a great laugh. They all thought I was a complete basket-case !

:green

Family 95% yes, just a couple on wife's side letting us down.

Asked on Facebook the other day and out of about 40 respondents it was 82% yes. To be honest there were a lot of yes pals who didn't respond but could only think of one or two no who never took part.

Folk i know through work about 90% yes.

Was at a party last night. Apart from with close friends and family, I try not to bring it up (do all my ranting on here) but absolutely loads of c***s were talking about it and all but a few were right into voting Yes.

Some were people I've never heard talk about politics in my life. Very, very pleasing. Not saying it's representative of the country but it makes me a lot happier to know most of my pals seem to Yes now. At one point in time, I thought the complete opposite.

At work there are 8 of us. 4 YES (me included), 1 NO, 1 Undecided and 2 who are not voting (both Americans who are here for only a couple of years and don't think its any of their business)

My dad is a YES.

The Wife is a YES.

Of my friends. 2 are staunch NOs

2 YES's

And 1 undecided but edging towards YES.

I also have a couple of friends who are from Spain and aren't voting because they don't believe its their right to get involved. But would like YES to win.

Of the people I know not voting. They see the arguments on both sides and are mixed to what the ideal outcome should be.

I have family abroad (Ireland, New Zealand and Germany). And though most have not sharing an opinion either way. They have showed interest in the debate.

Archived