Arbroath v Montrose

Lucky he wasn't behind the goal listening to the shite about the independence vote. Now that was embarrassing

What were they singing/chanting? I was on the side so didn't hear anything from the crowd behind the goal apart from the usual "Tinky b*****ds" song and something that sounded like "USA,USA".

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What were they singing/chanting? I was on the side so didn't hear anything from the crowd behind the goal apart from the usual "Tinky b*****ds" song and something that sounded like "USA,USA".

Was all a do over nothing. Some boy had a Scotland flag which had a YES sticker then one boy started screaming about it, they two were near scrapping and abdy else just started trying to start winding up the boy that started going mental. Was funny for about a minute but it got fucking tiresome in the end when it was still going on half an hour later.

Photographs from the Montrose game

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/sets/72157646651359429/

Excellent shots of Murray enjoying his moment after his goal. Bobby Linn simply ran with the "shhhh" pose of fingers against his lips behind the goal that many footballers all over the country do after scoring at the away end. He didn't make any rude gestures at all. I was sitting as he ran past and the photographs are proof.

Was all a do over nothing. Some boy had a Scotland flag which had a YES sticker then one boy started screaming about it, they two were near scrapping and abdy else just started trying to start winding up the boy that started going mental. Was funny for about a minute but it got fucking tiresome in the end when it was still going on half an hour later.

Was that the saltire that they originally put over the barrier pitchside so it obsured some of the advertising and were told to move it?

Photographs from the Montrose game

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/sets/72157646651359429/

Excellent shots of Murray enjoying his moment after his goal. Bobby Linn simply ran with the "shhhh" pose of fingers against his lips behind the goal that many footballers all over the country do after scoring at the away end. He didn't make any rude gestures at all. I was sitting as he ran past and the photographs are proof.

Excellent pictures as always, thank you. And I think that is pretty irrefutable evidence that Bobby Linn did not make any abusive gestures to the Montrose fans, despite what has been alleged earlier.

f**k knows mate. All a pile of pish tbh. Roll on the 19th.

I am with you on that. Can't wait for it to be finished and we can just get on with normal life without all this bullsh!t.

Look at picture 2 and see the man in the background walking his dog!!! What the Feck is that all about? What is more startling is that this game was supposed to be segregated so why was he in the Montrose end mid way through the first half, but appeared in the Arbroath end at half time with his dog off of the lead? Bizarre! Or were there 2 dog walkers who strayed into Gayfield?

to attract the better players to LP with the poor crowds we get but Montrose is the second smallest town in the SPFL and we don't have a local sugar daddy.

Brechin, Annan, Stranraer, Methil, Stenhousemuir, Dingwall all smaller or near enough the exact same, and a bawhair off of Cowdenbeath, Forfar, Berwick. And you can hardly class the Glasgow area clubs as having massive crowds either when they compete with the OF.

Actually surprising to see how high Arbroath would be on a scale of SPFL teams in terms of population with 25,000 in the toon.

I would hate to see the derby go though.

Giving the wankers sign to away fans in a local derby is worthy of a booking

First challenge when Crawford came flying out and clattered Deasley as he fisted the ball away can not be classified as a bad challenge. The 2nd one was a 50/50 and the ball was there to be won.

Oh dear oh dear...any other fairy stories to add? Zzzzzzzz Take you royal blue, Super Mo (LOL) specs off at the next game please! It is a pity Linn didn't do the wankers sign... quite fitting it would have been.

SimonLichtie looking well

Having a great time is he :lol:

Simon looks pleased to have scored.

8) 8) 8) It's understandable I would react in such a way, what is most pleasing about this picture is my Dundee supporting mate looking just as delighted as I do at the goal on his first visit to Gayfield.... hopefully within time he'll come around to watching a real football team instead of that overpriced SPL nonsense ;)

Cheers. I was in the stand and didn't have a good view through the players in the box. Only thing I could tell was it was piss poor marking from the Mo defence

Aye, from where I was standing it looked like Kev Buchan made his run to the near post and his marker was two yards off him, leaving him with a free shot on the volley from 12ish yards out. As you say, very poor marking from the Montrose backline.

Archived