A League 2014/15

BarraJag

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if there is truth in that Villa will be leaving early but returning around round 7?

I heard the Fox Sports commentators say something like that on Saturday. Something about him having marketing commitments in New York and trying to settle his family in the USA so he has to leave now and might be back later.

Personally I doubt he'll be back.

Last 2 FFA Cup Quarter Finals tonight both on Fox. Bentleigh Greens v Adelaide City followed by Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory. So at least 1 non A-League team will make the semis. Hope Adelaide City make it and get drawn against Adelaide United.

WSW hold out for 0-0 draw in Riyadh for 1-0 aggregate win and become the first Australian team to win the Asian Champions League. Not bad for a team that is only in it's third season.

What an absolutely tremendous result and achievement. I haven't watched any news today, is it making the headlines?

What an absolutely tremendous result and achievement. I haven't watched any news today, is it making the headlines?

Got a bit on ABC & Sky News. Covic apparently had a great game, one of the Al Hilal players couldn't take it at the end and spat at and had a go at some of the WSW players. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-02/western-sydney-wanderers-win-asian-champions-league-title/5860430?section=sport

Not really to do with Australia but Oceania nonetheless. I am in Auckland for two weeks from the 15th.

From the 17th to the 23rd there is a new competition called the OFC presidents cup. Consists of Auckland City (OFC Champions league holders), Amicale (Vanuatu, OFC Champions league runners up), and two age national sides from AFC and OFC, (Singapore U23 and Fiji U20). Also playing is Cayman Island premier division side Bodden Town along with Bahraini premier division side Busaiteen.

Not entirely sure what the concept is but here is the groups

Auckland City

Singapore U23

Bodden Town

Amicale

Busaiteen

Fiji U20

It will probably be a final between Auckland and the Bahraini side. Fiji U20 coach saying he isn't bothered by it basically and wants to focus on the U20 World cup (I think). Also seems strange a small (I presume Amateur) outfit are coming all the way from the Caribbean to play in a tournament which I think they will get whooped. Can never write off Amicale after their run to the final but I suspect the will finish second to the fully professional side from Bahrain. I don't actually know how Singapore rank among Asian teams at any level but I suspect it isn't very high.

I'm probably gonna pop along for some to see if it's any good

Phoenix beat WSW 1-0 and deserved the win. Great move for the Phoenix goal. Hard on Wanderers coming back from Riyadh then travelling to Wellinton and next game is away to Perth. Adelaide Utd & Sydney FC drew 0-0, both side had chances, United more of them but the old Reds inability to finish returned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see the FFA Cup final is being held at Coopers Stadium, Adelaide. Was that venue decided before the competition kicked off? Or is it being used because Adelaide are in the final and if that's the case how did they decide to hold it there and not in Perth?

I see the FFA Cup final is being held at Coopers Stadium, Adelaide. Was that venue decided before the competition kicked off? Or is it being used because Adelaide are in the final and if that's the case how did they decide to hold it there and not in Perth?

The FFA announced after the Semis that the Final would be held in Adelaide. Have no idea how it was decided but think it's possibly to do with time difference for TV.

Archived