A League 2014/15

BarraJag

Can't see a thread for 14/15 on here.

The A league is over a month away from starting but teams have been busy in the transfer window. A lot of big names have left Ono, Heskey, Del Piero, Engelaar etc, but some good ones have come in, Saba, Villa, Koren, Duff.

I usually root for Western Sydney, due to my cousins boyfriend playing for them, he has moved on however and I will be rooting for Melbourne City

I'm still unsure about City, not sure if they will do as well as their squad looks, but I think once they gel and Villa comes in they will do well.

There is a 15 day break (IIRC) in January from the 9th to the 24th for the AFC Asian Cup in Australia also.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long did your cousin's boyfriend play for Glory?

I don't think Man City will do as well as many are expecting. David Villa alone won't win them the league and he's only here for part of the season.

I think Sydney will be stronger this year, but it'll probably be one of the usual suspects - Roar, WSW, Mariners or MV - that will win overall.

The Asian Cup should be good. Am going to avoid the Aussie games and go to the other Sydney based ones involving the 'diddy' teams.

How long did your cousin's boyfriend play for Glory?

I don't think Man City will do as well as many are expecting. David Villa alone won't win them the league and he's only here for part of the season.

I think Sydney will be stronger this year, but it'll probably be one of the usual suspects - Roar, WSW, Mariners or MV - that will win overall.

The Asian Cup should be good. Am going to avoid the Aussie games and go to the other Sydney based ones involving the 'diddy' teams.

Don't discount Adelaide United, as long as they don't meet MV if they make the Grand Final.

Don't discount Adelaide United, as long as they don't meet MV if they make the Grand Final.

True very true and they do have that rather colourful coach!

As we know, the Last 16 was drawn in the FFA Cup last week. I'm mainly supporting St Albans Saints since ex-QoS Ryan McGuffie now plays for them.They said on Twitter that their game v Perth Glory is being held on Tuesday 26th September. Hopefully some of these ties will be on the tv?

Adelaide City (SA) v Brisbane Strikers (Qld)

Sydney Olympic (NSW) v Bentleigh Greens (Vic)

Palm Beach Sharks (Qld) v South Springvale (Vic)

Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar

Olympic FC (Qld) v Central Coast Mariners

Sydney United 58 FC (NSW) v Sydney FC

Tuggeranong United (ACT) v Melbourne Victory

St Albans Saints (Vic) v Perth Glory

As we know, the Last 16 was drawn in the FFA Cup last week. I'm mainly supporting St Albans Saints since ex-QoS Ryan McGuffie now plays for them.They said on Twitter that their game v Perth Glory is being held on Tuesday 26th September. Hopefully some of these ties will be on the tv?

I want St Albans Saints to win too due to ex Talbot player Sean McIlroy being there.

. Looks like Fox Sports will have live coverage of one game on Sep 16 and another on Sep 23.

2-1 Guangzhou 90thnminute. WSW need to hang on for 3 mins stoppage time to go through on away goals. FT 2-1 Agg 2-2 WSW 2nd team to make ACL Semis where they will meet FC Seoul. Great effort considering A-League doesn't start until October.

Archived