Ayr United Versus Dunfermline Athletic Friday 10th October

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total shitebag performance from Ayr so far. Roberts clearly runs scared of Dunfermline and we're just not getting stuck in other than stupid late challenges.

Do well to avoid a cuffing now although the boy who scored will never hit a ball like that again.

Jesus Christ that second half! Ayr will feel aggrieved not to have got at least a draw. I think that just goes to show our title credentials to get a win in a game like that. El Bak was outstanding.

Top of the league :)

Ayr should have capitalised on our second half performance - they didn't though and thy only have themselves to blame! We did hit the bar and should have had a second in the second half. Still another clean sheet; can't fault that!

I know who you are - pretty sure I gave you a lift to Dumfries one day. Although if I'm thinking of the same person you didn't have a beard back then!

Chris Smith's debut? Appreciated.

We will play better and lose so I will take the points and run.

Gutted we didn't take anything from the game tonight. Great strike from Fayssal, probably never strike one like that again.

We need to start playing 2 up top especially at home. Midfield is shocking at times and Gilmour once again perfects the art of being anywhere the ball isn't and gets another booking into the bargain. We only ever looked like getting something from the game when we stuck 2 upfront. Murphy a standout for us tonight, the guys class.

JJ finally realises Ugwu and Moffat doesn't really work and we win two away games on the bounce.

Would play fysall or smith ahead of Ugwu although he does somehow get the goals. Maybe an impact sub?

Why was El Bak carded? Not allowed to celebrate goals now? But it's alright for widtinks like Allan Walker :D

If we didn't have Buchanan at CB tonight we would have been pumped, definitely saved our arses on more than 1 occasion today. He has been some signing. Outstanding contribution.

Reckon a draw would've been fair enough. Pars in control in the first and vice versa in second.

Ayr possibly showing us too much respect in the opening exchanges. We're certainly no great shakes but I reckon we'll do just enough come the end of the season.

Edit: cheers to the lassie working the turnstiles for letting us all in for students.

The proverbial game of two halves tonight and Ayr can feel a bit disappointed not to have taken a point from it. I felt we controlled the first half without creating bucketloads of chances, and Faissal scored a quite sublime goal. A really terrific strike and the only sour note was his booking which I couldn't see what it was given for at the match.

I don't know what was said at half time, and also credit to Ayr, but we were on the backfoot for most of the second half and only good goalkeeping from Ryan Scully, solid defending and wayward finishing saw us hold out. Though Faissal was unlucky with his shot that hit the bar and we were denied a stonewall penalty for handball in the six yard box when it bounced off the underside of the bar.

Big three points tonight, especially given how the game went. Faissal, Falkingham and Buchanan were all outstanding for me - the latter never put a foot wrong and led the backline really well. Delighted with the points.

Big game with Forfar to come now next week!

Och its early days lads, we were unlucky, should have got a draw, Dunfermline were diving all over the place and the ref was poor. Oh aye and the grass was green and slippy. We'll be fine once big Bobos back and Beats gets fit, and Mikey actually gets a cross in, oh aye and Donnelly actually runs. 1 win in 7 against 10 men. Promotion material, nae panic troops!!!

Archived