ARFC VS Queens Park

The most bizarre "health and safety" pish to date. People weren't allowed to stand at the fence outside the new portacabins with the souvenir shop and the pie stall. The reason given, by a fairly over-officious guy, was....

there's a few of them strutting their stuff these days. Not just at our place but we can do without all this nanny state p*sh. Jobsworths all around.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys fancy taking Keenan back? Please?

Eh? We didn't have him. Are you confusing him with Miller who started last season with us?

He's an Irvine Meadow fan, he's talking to QP fans.

Has he been sh1te I take it?

The most bizarre "health and safety" pish to date. People weren't allowed to stand at the fence outside the new portacabins with the souvenir shop and the pie stall. The reason given, by a fairly over-officious guy, was that you might put your tea on the fence and if the ball hit it and knocked it over you, you would sue the club. That doesn't seem to be the case if you balance your tea all along the metal fence in front of the stand....which is actually more likely to be the place of a "tea ower the Pringle" type incident.

I used to think the Hampden stewards were bad until that numptie rolled up on Saturday. He wasn’t even a steward, just a wee aggressive jobsworth in a Rovers trackie top. His reason to me was “ the ball might hit you in the face “ No idea what he was havering about.

As for the game, first half was a dreadful spectacle but we could still have been ahead. Gallacher’s mishit cross smacks the post then I’m not sure how Fraser contrived to miss his chance after lovely set up play from Burns. It was like Chris Iwelumo, albeit with the keeper still to beat. He’ll be glad that the QP official match report also missed it.

McPherson also unlucky when he hit the post with his hooked effort over the shoulder but the longer we went without scoring you just knew Rovers were gonna get chances and eventually take one. Seen it so many times before. The keeper scoring at the death would have been ridiculous but not to be. Still enough there for me to think we’ll eventually start to click and win more games than we’ll lose. This time last year we were hardly competitive at all

St Andrew’s Bar still one of my favourite pubs. Quality jukey

I used to think the Hampden stewards were bad until that numptie rolled up on Saturday. He wasn’t even a steward, just a wee aggressive jobsworth in a Rovers trackie top. His reason to me was “ the ball might hit you in the face “ No idea what he was havering about.

Was his tracksuit top worn on top of a suit, and did you notice if he had an earpiece in? If so, that might have been Paul Reilly. He's just been appointed Club Secretary and seems to enjoy looking important on matchdays.

Was his tracksuit top worn on top of a suit, and did you notice if he had an earpiece in? If so, that might have been Paul Reilly. He's just been appointed Club Secretary and seems to enjoy looking important on matchdays.

Think he had an earpiece. Is that the same guy who used to do the photography?

I used to think the Hampden stewards were bad until that numptie rolled up on Saturday. He wasn’t even a steward, just a wee aggressive jobsworth in a Rovers trackie top. His reason to me was “ the ball might hit you in the face “

Was he a thin-faced chap with a shaved head? I can't see Paul Reilly behaving like that, to be honest; he's far too much of a gentleman.

Think Paul has enough to do on match days to be personally stewarding the crowd but hey ho Albino don`t like him so it must have been him.

That - like a number of comments about me on this thread and others - is harsh in tone, unfounded and simply not true. I have nothing against Paul, I suggested it might have been him because he patrols the stand side before and during games and happened to be wearing a Rovers tracksuit top on Saturday.

I suggested it might have been him because he patrols the stand side before and during games and happened to be wearing a Rovers tracksuit top on Saturday.

Actually, you said "He's just been appointed Club Secretary and seems to enjoy looking important on matchdays.", so I can see why Grant (Pastmaster) reached the conclusion he did.

I'm pretty certain the person being referred to by the QP fans is the chap from Coatbridge Boys Club, who used to organise the ball boys, but seems to also have some additional responsibilities nowadays.

Actually, you said "He's just been appointed Club Secretary and seems to enjoy looking important on matchdays.", so I can see why Grant (Pastmaster) reached the conclusion he did.

I said that, but can't see why it would that suggest that I don't like the guy. I don't know him. Don't get hung up on it. It was a suggestion.

Is judgement, by customers, of non-playing club staff forbidden? Limited to my own judgement I merely suggest in good humour, to Convenor, that it could have been Mr. Reilly who spoke to him. Not that it "must" be him, not that I don't like the man, and not with any intention to be smart or important-sounding.

Like almost everything Rovers-related which I say on P&B, that has been, quite pettily, challenged by other Rovers fans who have jumped in with a personal taste, to which I refuse to lower myself.

I daren't imagine the uproar should I patronisingly suggest another fan should "lie low". However freedom of opinion is a right of which I'm in favour, and I wouldn't try to silence even the most unreasonable of those with whom I disagree.

Archived