Dundee Utd v Dundee - League Cup 3rd round

The Master

Agreed It's a bit of a cheap taunt but it has still technically been 10 years since Dundee last beat United.

I agree it is factually correct but it's not really that impressive when you say last 8 times we have played it has been 6 Utd wins and 2 draws. Still terrible reading for us Dees but not as dramatic as 10 years undefeated for Utd!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it is factually correct but it's not really that impressive when you say last 8 times we have played it has been 6 Utd wins and 2 draws. Still terrible reading for us Dees but not as dramatic as 10 years undefeated for Utd!

Better record against us than Barcelona.

The Daily Arab ‏@TheDailyArab83 1m

Tonight's win guarantees that United will go 10 calendar years without a derby defeat #oneteamindundee

*Competitive

Anyway, I'm finding it difficult to be disappointed. The team gave their absolute all and we were undone by a bit of height. I'm not entirely convinced we could have scored in ET and our penalty-taking is gash, so maybe a blessing in disguise with one eye on the weekend.

Ach well.

Fojut! :wub:

Think we just about deserved it in the end, Dundee had the much better first half even when they went down to 10, but their fans showed more attacking intent than their players for the second.

My thought at the time was the red was deserved, although admittedly I didn't have the best view from where I sit, would need to see it again to be sure.

Good to see Rado save a pen after some dafties hit him with shit before too. Besides those twats and the aforementioned pitch invader, well done to the Dundee fans. Noisy throughout.

And yes, Thomson is a woeful ref.

In fairness only a Dundee fan would prob point that out so we can say it and look epic when in boring reality it's really not that impressive. 8)

Nothing in it after the red card either.

Dundee were never, ever going to score that second half. Can't remember you having a single shot the entire half.

You were by far the better team up until the red but let's not talk rubbish eh. Fair play to the Dees they weren't completely shite this time (infact they were actually quite good) but we just don't lose against them anymore. :)

Agreed It's a bit of a cheap taunt but it has still technically been 10 years since Dundee last beat United.

Is it that cheap?

As a United fan, I have been lucky enough to see my team beat Dundee, twice in the last few days.

Having to think back 10 years for the last one is brutal - there will be many young fans of theirs who have never witnessed a derby win ;)

Red card ruined the game. Not sure how much contact there was but it did look like it was either last man foul or let him score.

Utd only gave us problems in the first half when we went forward and they struggled to break us down after that. Sickening time to lose the goal but don't think we'd have hanged on in extra time anyway. A much better performance tonight and I don't feel like I can't think about football without seething like I'd been doing since Sundays embarrassment.

Great dundee support tonight apart from that fucking idiot on the pitch. Utd were eerily quiet they might want to consider the singing section idea :lol:

Was it a complete fresh air swipe by Letheren for Fojut to header in?

Worried about McPake he was struggling badly from about the 60th minute with a thigh injury.

I think if we had 11 men, could easily have been a reverse score of the game on Sunday. Rado was producing heroics though and made a few cracking saves. Roberts coming on for Tankulic signed the death penalty for us as he was gash when he came on, couldn't hold the ball up, wasn't offering much and had to switch with Stewart who was brilliant for us (Penalty miss aside) but is another that can't hold the ball up.

Desperately unlucky, but it's job done for United.

ByU87EaIUAISg-7.jpg

I fuckin love this boy!

Not the best performance of the season but when you play these wee diddy teams in the cup, theres always the potential of a major upset so thankfully we have avoided that particular banana skin. The plucky wee team played some decent stuff up til the red card but the second half was one way traffic to the point where they didnt even put a body in the box for a corner with about 15 mins to go. I suppose its easier to park the bus and hope for penalties but the good teams always find a way of scoring. Looks like the Dees have a few months to stew about this one making the New Years Day game even more of a grudge match than normal

Is it that cheap?

As a United fan, I have been lucky enough to see my team beat Dundee, twice in the last few days.

Having to think back 10 years for the last one is brutal - there will be many young fans of theirs who have never witnessed a derby win ;)

It's about as daft as counting friendlies as a win. Which if you did count, then that 10 year record doesn't count.

8 games since we've won is pretty pathetic in itself, dunno why this 10 year thing keeps being mentioned, it doesn't faze me much considering it's skewed.

Utd were eerily quiet they might want to consider the singing section idea :lol:

All the singing did seem to be coming from the Dundee fans.

But then even before we starting scoring for fun all you could hear at Dens on Sunday was the United fans.

Seems the home team loses the ability to sing loudly in Dundee Derbies this season.

Archived