Jim Murphy

Blaven

Because it's a new system. the people have voted for it. they won't be entitled to slot right in. they'll need to stand and be elected, and I think a lot of them would be in for a big shock.

Of course they'll need to stand and be elected. But as you say, it will be a new system. They have as much right to stand as MSPs.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree and if you think that people like having those who are going to lose their Westminster seat after independence foisted upon them then you really don't understand the connection between the electorate and the politician they elect.

They won't be 'foisted upon them'. Haha. They're elected representatives, just like existing MSPs.

It's not "straw clutching" though. Do you not accept the way Yes supporters have behaved is an own goal for Yes?

As for "Jim's party", I'm not defending his opinions, I'm defending his right to express those opinions without being intimidated.

My respect for Jim Murphy's diminished greatly since his orchestrated broadcast and his crocodile tears. If Alex or Nicola when round Scotland shouting, at folk and not taking questions exactly the same thing would have happened. Today, a BT supporter went to court to explain why he wanted to kill our FM, and you're utterly rattled about a egg throw.

Deary me.

It's not "straw clutching" though. Do you not accept the way Yes supporters have behaved is an own goal for Yes?

As for "Jim's party", I'm not defending his opinions, I'm defending his right to express those opinions without being intimidated.

No he wasn't.

It is straw clutching, I've been expecting the smear campaign to step up the close we get to the polling date.

Jim can stand about all day shouting his opinions at others. but of course the public have the right to shout him down also.

They won't be 'foisted upon them'. Haha. They're elected representatives, just like existing MSPs.

You are showing an incredible naivety for someone who apparently did a political dissertation.

There is clearly a link between the constituency MSP and the electorate of that constituency, there is simply no denying that.

As for the list, that is a different matter. MSPs can be shuffled on and off the list without any real negative PR. Remove a popular MSP to replace them with a busted flush Westminster politician and you'll have tons of negative PR, tons!

It is straw clutching, I've been expecting the smear campaign to step up the close we get to the polling date.

Jim can stand about all day shouting his opinions at others. but of course the public have the right to shout him down also.

As I've said previously, Jim is entitled to his opinion, Yes supporters are entitled to their opinion also. That's fine.

However, shouting, swearing, intimidating and bullying someone in the street is not fine, neither is threatening to "knock out" an English No supporter. That is disgraceful.

Yip. He's not turning up, setting up a stall and waiting for folk to come up and have a chat.

He is shouting his views through a megaphone at passers by, not unlike the crazies holding bibles.

His whole format is set up to confront the public and force his opinion on them.

There is no opportunity for conversation or discussion. He's also calling members of the public idiots.

The shirt and no jacket also makes him look ready for a fight. It's what he's after.

As I've said previously, Jim is entitled to his opinion, Yes supporters are entitled to their opinion also. That's fine.

However, shouting, swearing, intimidating and bullying someone in the street is not fine, neither is threatening to "knock out" an English No supporter. That is disgraceful.

Are you saying he was threatening to knock him out because he was English?

Are you saying he was threatening to knock him out because he was English?

Not exactly, but I suspect that may have been a contributing factor as to why the angry Yes thug was so aggressive towards him in particular.

Just my opinion.

Is Jim Murphys NO campaign team made up of Pensioners, guy from England and an Asian guy?

Watched a few of the vids and those seem to make up the front of his team.

He must be gutted not to have got out of them what he had hoped for.

Oh and a guy in a black leather jacket.

Not exactly, but I suspect that may have been a contributing factor as to why the angry Yes thug was so aggressive towards him in particular.

Just my opinion.

And did you jump to it?

My opinion was that the man in the street was being goaded by your fellow countryman into hitting him, to which the man in the street rose above.

And did you jump to it?

My opinion was that the man in the street was being goaded by your fellow countryman into hitting him, to which the man in the street rose above.

Green light for anybody feeling goaded to resort to violence, but only allowed if a separatist.

So the angry yes thug threatens to knock someone out and then "rose above" deciding to follow through with his own threat?.

So are we to praise the thug now for not knocking him out?

You're trying to rationalise this in a way which defies logic just because they are Yes supporters.

Just accept they were acting like idiots, they've embarrassed the Yes campaign and move on.

So the angry yes thug threatens to knock someone out and then "rose above" deciding to follow through with his own threat?.

So are we to praise the thug now for not knocking him out?

You're trying to rationalise this in a way which defies logic just because they are Yes supporters.

Just accept they were acting like idiots, they've embarrassed the Yes campaign and move on.

They were both acting like idiots.

Now tell me, how did you also manage to deduce that he was a YES supporter?

They were both acting like idiots.

Now tell me, how did you also manage to deduce that he was a YES supporter?

I have to stand up for that thug. I know him and can say categorically that he is not a sociopath, but just a normal separatist

Archived