Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw a fair result. We had lots of possesion but no cutting edge. Queens looked good on the counter. Terrible defending for the goal we lost, see 'how to give your opponents a 20 yard radius of space in the final third' manual for more details. Deflection for our goal was karma for Queens chronic timewasting after going 1-0 up...and a fair few nawty tackles

Alston and Shepperd must start next week. With McGrandles away we are really missing someone to drive at the opposition defense. Sibbald has nice skill and can do it but isnt quite direct enough.

Biabi was indecisive at the best of times...OTJ started well but faded quickly.

Think the new signings will all add someone when they are match fit. Houstie still has to work out his best formation and starting 11

ETA: Smoke bombs must stay

This isnt the first game Falkirk fans have said this. Im not sure they even know what time wasting is.

The tackles where Queens players were booked were all fair enough, cynical more than anything else. The Falkirk right back got away with a studs up lunge on Russell and McCraken got away with going clean through the back of Lyle.

Tbf I was joking about the nawty tackles.

And anyway, if anyone does deserve a studs up tackle...it's that cheating c**t Russell. Not that Vaulks actually touched him btw. Lyle milked the contact from McCracken a bit imo...bounced straight back up when he realised he wasnt getting booked.

The ref wasnt great for either team tbf. For us the worst thing was taking your wall back 7 paces...7. The stand side linesman was rank rotten...missing offsides, throw ins, corners. Amazing to think they actually think they are entitled to a pay rise

Were all of Queens starting 11 there last season? Our board could learn a thing or two from you about not destroying a decent side over the summer imo

This isnt the first game Falkirk fans have said this. Im not sure they even know what time wasting is.

The tackles where Queens players were booked were all fair enough, cynical more than anything else. The Falkirk right back got away with a studs up lunge on Russell and McCraken got away with going clean through the back of Lyle.

Thought McCracken was fortunate not to be booked but then Higgins was maybe fortunate to escape a second booking for handball at the edge of the box. Might have been the one the equaliser came from actually. No complaints about any of our three bookings. They were all cynical albeit never going to injure anyone. I wouldnt describe any of them as "nawty". Our worst foul all day was a sliding challenge by Lyle on Vaulks (I think) which should probably have been a booking.

While on the subject of Vaulks as far as I can see every single throw he took was a foul throw. He lifts his back foot off the ground before release. Cant believe he was never pulled up for it.

We did some time wasting at 1-0 undeniably. Zander didnt pick the ball up until forced to, we were happy to win throws and take a few seconds to restart, that sort of thing. Didnt think it was that bad though. I've seen much more blatant stuff.

Were all of Queens starting 11 there last season? Our board could learn a thing or two from you about not destroying a decent side over the summer imo

All except Fowler himself. We are still without five big players too in Mitchell, Burns, Kerr, McKenna and Paton. Two or three of them would most likely start if fit.

Probably the worst smoke bomb I've seen, it was set off in a crowd of about 4 folk with about 50 empty seats round them, hhmmmm I wonder who it was?

To be fair smoke bombs don't really bother me, it doesn't do anything for me, but if someone wants to do it and risk getting banned then that's up to them.

So...

Under strength Queens hold tactical genius Houston to a draw..

Defensive tactics from Falkirk fail to prevail.

Queens deserve point.

Defend first. Houston will get you fit! and how to defend...I know how Peter works....

Put your money on 5th

I saw Falkirk v Rangers on the telly a few weeks ago and thought Falkirk were hands down the best of the rest. Mcgrandles and Alston were causing all sorts of problems and you looked very solid at the back until the last 20 mins which Rangers got a lucky goal and then another from a corner. Today Falkirk looked flat and it was a team after 25-30 minutes I really fancied us to get something off which we haven't been able to say often of late. Loy looked dangerous when he got some space and Shepherd was outstanding when he came on but like I said it wasn't a team I feared. Could of been an off day but I now fancy us to finish above Falkirk this year cue this coming back to haunt me and we will finish miles behind Falkirk and the others in race for the playoffs.

My problem with fowler was like others have already said with his subs, Danny was having little joy in the second half but just as he got the breakthrough and did brilliantly to set up Gavin we hook them both within 10 mins. Lyle was the obvious replacement unless Gav is still not feeling 100%, I really want us to go for an experienced manager to take Fowler under his wing and if we lose another manager this way we can really say with confidence he is ready.

I saw Falkirk v Rangers on the telly a few weeks ago and thought Falkirk were hands down the best of the rest. Mcgrandles and Alston were causing all sorts of problems and you looked very solid at the back until the last 20 mins which Rangers got a lucky goal and then another from a corner. Today Falkirk looked flat and it was a team after 25-30 minutes I really fancied us to get something off which we haven't been able to say often of late. Loy looked dangerous when he got some space and Shepherd was outstanding when he came on but like I said it wasn't a team I feared. Could of been an off day but I now fancy us to finish above Falkirk this year cue this coming back to haunt me and we will finish miles behind Falkirk and the others in race for the playoffs.

My problem with fowler was like others have already said with his subs, Danny was having little joy in the second half but just as he got the breakthrough and did brilliantly to set up Gavin we hook them both within 10 mins. Lyle was the obvious replacement unless Gav is still not feeling 100%, I really want us to go for an experienced manager to take Fowler under his wing and if we lose another manager this way we can really say with confidence he is ready.

You cannot believe how much we are missing McGrandles.

Where's monkey tennis?

Wanked himself into oblivion?

I'm here.

Extraordinary assumption.

Wasn't there today. I'd have accepted a point today before we started, but was gutted to not take all the points given how good things looked late on.

It sounds like a draw was about right though, so I'll live with it.

Houstie remains a bawbag however. You'll share my view very soon.

Tbf I was joking about the nawty tackles.

And anyway, if anyone does deserve a studs up tackle...it's that cheating c**t Russell. Not that Vaulks actually touched him btw. Lyle milked the contact from McCracken a bit imo...bounced straight back up when he realised he wasnt getting booked.

The ref wasnt great for either team tbf. For us the worst thing was taking your wall back 7 paces...7. The stand side linesman was rank rotten...missing offsides, throw ins, corners. Amazing to think they actually think they are entitled to a pay rise

Did it ever occur to you that Thomsons pace is more than a yard? :1eye

Leahy is pish. Anyone trying to defend him is either family or more than likely deluded.

Queens came for the draw and we were so bad that the result was fair. End of

Well it was the Norwich imposter who gave him a new contract

Archived