Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well a week is a long time in football. I wasn't fully tuned in with McIntyre and his early managerial tinkering. This time last week I would have been quietly confident of a win here, now I'm not so sure due to the week's changes.

I think nine of the starting eleven are certs with only the centre of midfield a bit of an uncertainty. If Fowler is available and McShane is fit I would bring them both back in to replace Kev and Lewis.

My preferred team would be.

Clark

Dowie, Higgins, Durnan, Holt

Carmichael, McShane, Fowler, Russell

Reilly, Lyle

Think that is pretty much how we will line-up, but for me, if Baird is now fully fit, I would start him alongside Gav up top.

Looking forward to getting back to TFS, been a while. Anyway, usual line-up prediction:

MacDonald

Shaughs - Vaulks - McCracken - Leahy

OTJ - Ollie

Alston - Sibbs - Smith

Loy

ETA, in a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1/4-4-1-1/4-2-2-1-1 or whatever you want to call it.

Looking forward to getting back to TFS, been a while. Anyway, usual line-up prediction:

MacDonald

Shaughs - Vaulks - McCracken - Leahy

OTJ - Ollie

Alston - Sibbs - Smith

Loy

ETA, in a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1/4-4-1-1/4-2-2-1-1 or whatever you want to call it.

I dont think we will see Ollie in there for a while and as far as I am concerned correct. I have never been convinced with him from the start and altho he has had 30-45 mins playing well in games recently, he has been largely missing for the other 45 - 60 mins.....something you cant get away with in centre mid.

Tis the biggest X I have with Holt in his time, I really thot that he as he was so keen to get him....

I dont think we will see Ollie in there for a while and as far as I am concerned correct. I have never been convinced with him from the start and altho he has had 30-45 mins playing well in games recently, he has been largely missing for the other 45 - 60 mins.....something you cant get away with in centre mid.

Tis the biggest X I have with Holt in his time, I really thot that he as he was so keen to get him....

Yeah, sad to say I think Ollie is a complete dud. Before he kicked a ball he looked like exactly the kind of player we desperately needed, and needed for the past 4 seasons - a strong powerful presence in the middle of the park, someone who would put some weight into a tackle... hasn't turned out that way, something of an understatement, and I think he's as poor a player as we've had in a while.

Although missing out much of last season, there always seemed to be a wee buzz round the ground when he came on, folks willing him to do well - "right come on, Ollie, let's see you!" - kinda thing. Unfortunately, for me he then seemed to be trying too hard, mostly mis-placed passes and bad control, and he just looked shit-scared of the ball.

I've missed a couple of games recently so genuinely haven't seen any of his reported half-hour cameos, whereas I can't think of any game where overall he's had a positive effect; games just seem to pass him by. He'll not be missed, sorry to say. Love to be proven wrong, but think a major overhaul required.

Had McIntyre been in charge Fowler would have been straight back into the starting XI. Obviously now it depends on whether he wants to manage from the sidelines and give himself a good chance of getting the job permanently with a good result. Or play himself and try and be a player-manager.

He hasn't done either role before so it's six and two threes as far as I'm concerned. If he wants the job permanently his best chance is a good result today, and that will be achieved with the strongest team on the park, which of the players currently available includes Fowler.

It looks like more of the same for this season with there not being much between these teams but Falkirk slightly having the edge. The 90 minute scores at TFS last season were 2-1, 1-0, 2-1. And although we lie 3 points ahead just now The Bairns have played all three of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs.

Probably a narrow home win. A draw would be fine for us all things considered I think.

Would take a point but hope we can maybe sneak the three. Hope we keep Kidd in centre midfield thought for an hour at Ibrox he was one of our best players and we should just slide Mcshane in along side him and let fowler get on with it from the dugout.

First 25 was edgy and queens playing a high line giving us no space at all. Last 20 have been good with Smith doing well on the right of midfield.

Should be more open in the second half and still have Alston and Sheppard to use from the bench.

Tudur Jones is some man :wub:

That was a horrendous. Hardly a shot at goal for the full 90 mins but within the game a draw was a fair result. Queens came for a draw and they got it so credit to them

I give every player in a Falkirk jersey 100% support but why is Luke Leahy at my club? He gives his all which is fine but he isn't good enough and he's proved that for 2 years, through 3 different managers

Archived