St Johnstone vs Dundee - 13/09/14

Best game i wasat against the fermers was weighorsts debut with his wondergoal when he beat 5 players from the half way line.

Ended 4-4 after being 4-1 down and we hit the post late on. If games half as good as that it will be a belter. Can't remember many other memorable ones

but all none derby games tend to disappear in my subconscious :lol:

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of tonight the MIGHTY Dees had only shifted a paltry 1500 tickets.. Shite support, shite fans, shite club..or maybe they just ken they are getting pasted and cannae face it..or they are waiting for Giro day or they are too busy pumping their sister to have noticed..

Last time United came to Perth they brough 3000 plus.. Twice the team Dundee are and their fans are much better..

Dundee. Taysides 3rd team. :thumsup2

More than twice the team as it stands going by the visit before that where we brought 4000 plus (would have been half right enough if we'd have known Jackie would make 8 changes) ;)

They are definitely Taysides's 3rd team though regardless of this weekends result, Saints have out performed them for about 30 years now but not sure that actually registers with them

Best game i wasat against the fermers was weighorsts debut with his wondergoal when he beat 5 players from the half way line.

Ended 4-4 after being 4-1 down and we hit the post late on. If games half as good as that it will be a belter. Can't remember many other memorable ones

but all none derby games tend to disappear in my subconscious :lol:

Superb game. Our keeper was sent off and Duncan Campbell 5ft 7" forward who was blind as a bat went in goals. Can't remember who the keeper was? Mathers maybe?

I think I'll be having numerous square go's with the cardboard men in the seats. Do St Johnstone of Perth still do that?

No, but we might have to bring them back to fill up the away end on Saturday tbh

Got my ticket for this and glad they made it tickets after worrying about how many the stand holds at St Mirren. I heard last night that the away stand and family stand are nearly full and we have another 1000 tickets in the home end. If we play like we have done in every game apart from the first half against Partick then we have nothing to worry about. It will be our most difficult game after Celtic and Caley but we matched them so nothing to fear about playing Saints or the DABS.

Well, no. The extra 1000 tickets will be in the mainstand, which is the assigned away area for smaller supporters. Aberdeen and Celtic have already used it this season, along with the family stand and away end.

You'll have half the family stand because we have our own season ticket holders in there.

We've been extremely lucky so far regarding away supports - I can't ever remember 3 matches in a row with so many.

Anyone know how ticket sales are going for behind the goal? Want to sit there but holding off buying tickets as I'm a bit skint.

Bought tickets yesterday for behind the goal and was told that I could only get from row E forward... How small is that stand if we have sold 1500?

Yeah, I got tickets just before 5pm last night and was given Row B.

the_saints_are_coming, on 10 Sept 2014 - 14:24, said:

One of the most embarrassing things I've ever watched. United won the (proper) cup 4 years ago, Dundee won it before the Titanic sank. Small team behaviour cheering others losses while we were out celebrating a cup win. Absolute diddies.

^ Raging that Dundee disregard St Johnstone completely.

Dundee are an irrelevance to everyone and have been for years. Wonder if those boys will watch the match or just wait to watch it back on their snapchats later?

They're coming through to the big city to see their big team. It's cute.

Claims we're irrelevant yet the team he supports song book is 95% about us :lol:

Its not really, 95% of our songs are ones we've stolen from European teams we've been playing lately, I've not heard the "we hate Dundee" one for quite a while, and thats the only one we used to sing about you outwith games against you lot.

Anyway, think TW might throw a curveball with our line up for this game, he likes to outwit other managers, and I think Hartley will expect us to go 4-5-1, so TW will probably go 4-4-2 just to annoy him. Graham and Maclean as the 2 would also give us the option of reverting to one up front, which was a successful tactic with May with Maclean.

How did it feel watching your team lift a major trophy? It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Not as good as having to bail your own club out and shaft everyone along the way.

It was obviously that enjoyable, that they repeated it a few years later. I doubt we'll ever get to experience those highs :(

Archived