St Johnstone vs Dundee - 13/09/14

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No complaints, we were poor ,

The seethe at the 40 year song was funny as f**k

Never heard Dundee sing the You've never won f**k all one , wonder why !

41 years doesn't have the same ring to it , only 9 years until the big FIVE O

It's a strange one to try to wind us up with, considering who you actually prevented from winning the tournament.

:lol:

Never ever felt like that Saints were going to score. They just didn't create anything.

McPake and Konrad seem so solid at the back. Harkins makes everything tick too. I think Roberts looks capable of proving the doubters wrong too.

Crazy to think that Dundee are already 9 points off the playoffs.

Not so crazy me thinks... I've been predicting top 6 all along. And we really should have beaten either Thistle, Killie or Celtic. Then we'd be top :-) Bring on Utd... there for the taking. We even have our best player injured...

Hard to judge too much as Saints played poorly. Saw the game out comfortably though, which is a good attribute to have. I think across the team, Hartley will be pretty happy with how every player did.

Dundee will get far harder tests than today, where you'll learn far more about the team. You need to pick up points when the opposition aren't at it, so again that bodes well. That defence looks a pretty good foundation to work off.

So why was it that the old Dundee thread couldn't be restored? Simple restore from back up db would have done it...

Can't complain really, Dundee deserved the win. Harkins was fucking sublime.

We have games like this every so often for whatever reason. We learn from them usually. Today we learned Wright should be behind Scobbie in the pecking order, and O'Halloran needs a kick in the arse. Hes utterly fucking infuriating and needs to learn when to offload it. Lappin should start the next game as he allows Easton to get forward, Morgan is going to do absolutely nothing with us, and we should never ever rest Maclean ever again

Can't complain really, Dundee deserved the win. Harkins was fucking sublime.

We have games like this every so often for whatever reason. We learn from them usually. Today we learned Wright should be behind Scobbie in the pecking order, and O'Halloran needs a kick in the arse. Hes utterly fucking infuriating and needs to learn when to offload it. Lappin should start the next game as he allows Easton to get forward, Morgan is going to do absolutely nothing with us, and we should never ever rest Maclean ever again

Congratulations on not paying attention at all. Wright is behind Scobbie in the pecking order and we've never, ever rested Maclean.

More than twice the team as it stands going by the visit before that where we brought 4000 plus (would have been half right enough if we'd have known Jackie would make 8 changes) ;)

They are definitely Taysides's 3rd team though regardless of this weekends result, Saints have out performed them for about 30 years now but not sure that actually registers with them

Get it right up you, DAB Tink

Congratulations on not paying attention at all. Wright is behind Scobbie in the pecking order and we've never, ever rested Maclean.

I'm aware Scobbies first choice, Im just saying today emphasises that. And I didn't know MacLean was injured when I typed that

It's a strange one to try to wind us up with, considering who you actually prevented from winning the tournament.

:lol:

There wasn't many applauding when the Big Cup got paraded alongside that pishy wee golf trophy at half time, the 40 year song scuppered that !

Really expected a tough game today but to stroll it in the manner we did was pleasing. Harkins was sublime at times, head and shoulders above ability wise just needs to be consistent. Mcpake? Remember he was the one that would cost us every game this season lol. Him and konrad have been rock solid. 3 goals conceded, 2 screamers and a deflected effort.

Look excellent so far, alot of confidence in next week for the derby now.

Love it when these established premier league teams write us off before seeing us.

That was a lesson for st Johnstone and bar a very brief 5 minute spell in the second half we looked comfortable throughout.

St johnstones centre halfs win everything, then lose it. Our defence wins everything and play it out. I was genuinely shocked at how poor the saints were.

Harkins and McGowan would stroll into that st Johnstone team. In fact i wouldn't take any player from that st Johnstone team based on today.

Easton had a tricky game against Roberts and Boyle. Gary Irvine on the other hand never took the cigar out the whole game.

Pleasing.

St. Johnstone were very poor today, Dundee didn't play as well as they have done this season but didn't have to because St. Johnstone were so poor.

Refereeing was diabolical, not one sided, just diabolical.

I don't think Gary Irvine has put a foot wrong since going left back.

St. Johnstone were very poor.

What was that drum and clap all about?? Sounded like you were trying to start up yer tractors

Its to scare the crows away from a distance. We bring our scarecrows to the game these days to boost the crowd.

There wasn't many applauding when the Big Cup got paraded alongside that pishy wee golf trophy at half time, the 40 year song scuppered that !

Were you away for a pie during that? The crowd definitely applauded the cup.

Archived