St Johnstone vs Dundee - 13/09/14

Jamie_Beatson, on 13 Sept 2014 - 20:14, said:

The sections your fans had don't even add up to 3500 seats and they weren't close to full. Is say 1850 behind goal, 250-300 in Main and 3-400 in Ormond. Maybe a total of 2400 to 2500.

I'm just going with what the media are saying and they're saying we did manage to take around 3500. Obviously hard to judge when you're actually in the stand.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sections your fans had don't even add up to 3500 seats and they weren't close to full. Is say 1850 behind goal, 250-300 in Main and 3-400 in Ormond. Maybe a total of 2400 to 2500.

Official Twitter gave the figure as 2,594, which means just two short of 4,000 home fans. That more than anything else was a guarantee of a rotten performance today! Not that a month without a home game would have helped build much momentum anyway.

We had around 3500 apparently according to Stuart Cosgrove and had a bit more than St Johnstone did.

Also, you're fucking mental if you think the drum and slow clap is great.

The only person who is fucking mental is you if you think tyou had 3500 there today.

North Stand holds 2000 and was NOT nearly full. Lots of single seats but lets give you 1800.. Family Stand max 400 ( and again I think I am being generous. Main Stand section holds about 1000 but you only had half of it and again not full. but I'll give you 500( very generous)

Lets do some basic Ludo counting..

1800+ 400 + 500 = 3500 :thumsup2:P

Fuckwit... :lol:

The ghost of Jim Morton, on 13 Sept 2014 - 20:19, said:

The only person who is fucking mental is you if you think tyou had 3500 there today.

North Stand holds 2000 and was NOT nearly full. Lots of single seats but lets give you 1800.. Family Stand max 400 ( and again I think I am being generous. Main Stand section holds about 1000 but you only had half of it and again not full. but I'll give you 500( very generous)

Lets do some basic Ludo counting..

1800+ 400 + 500 = 3500 :thumsup2:P

Let's do some basic reading...

'...according to Stuart Cosgrove'

I thought I was deep in injun country today, drumming and slow clapping. Throw in some hiya hiyas and I reckon you're there. Another decent support today. When we're doing well we'll travel.

Thought Greg Stewart was excellent today, my personal MOTM. Scrappy game, from both sides but saints were a lot more scrappier. Deserved our win, in which was a game of very few highlights. Defence are looking solid, even wi the white Cafu at LB. My only concern is we give teams too much space on the flanks, left flank 1st half today is a perfect example. I'm nit picking though and I'm more than happy with how well we're doing at the moment. Looking forward to next week, but my erchie's twitching like a rabbits nose at the same time!

Enjoy your night an mon the Dee

We had around 3500 apparently according to Stuart Cosgrove and had a bit more than St Johnstone did.

Tam Cowan brought up the figure as thats what had been reported before the match (on here I might add), and Cosgrove went with it as he clearly hadn't seen the crowd. It wasn't that high though, still a decent support. The "Hello, Hello" song got pretty tedious though tbh, at least we're trying different things

As I said earlier... McDonald was gash and anonymous.

Because he was played deeper in a midfield two, admittedly Brown was behind them two but the point stands, the higher up the pitch McDonald plays the better he is. If we'd play him further up supporting Graham we'd have done better.

Hopefully Davidsons back soon, we miss his drive in the midfield. Having Scobbie out stopped us playing it out from the back aswell, seeing as he can actually pass the ball unlike Wright who just blooters it. While MacLean is an absolutely integral part to our style. It looked like we were a man down at points today, and thats because we play to him. Even when May was here Maclean was always the focal point everyone fed off, we've nobody even close to him ability wise as Grahams a different sort.

The next months going to be tough. We've struggled to adapt to a style thats missing the maverick ability of May, and now we're going to have to adapt further to get around the loss of MacLean. Going to be more disjointed displays sadly

Wow can't really remember such an easy victory in Perth.

As comfortable a one nil victory as well have all season.

I can. A 2-0 win in the winter of 2001 when you had all the foreign stars. Destroyed us that day. Ketsbaia rattled the bar from what seemed like about 35 yards. Wore the Argentinian strip.

Good win, surprisingly straight forward, expected more from saints and thought we outfought them and won the midfield battle. J Mac and Greg Stewart ran their arses off today and were excellent, Mcpake immense, cant remember when we last had a team that look so hungry and work so hard. Don't think anyone had a bad game. Bring on the dabs

Also, you're fucking mental if you think the drum and slow clap is great.

No chance you had that many, 2500 still decent though.

I always used to hate drums or any instruments at games, but atmosphere at scottish games has mostly been brutal the past few years, so I'm all for the young ains trying to get something going. The lucern fans this season were about the best away support we've ever had at mcD for noise and it looked really good when they did it. It's probably just dundee folk are a wee bit nervous of anything new or different. ;)

Seriously though, what is with the rangers songs - is it to wind up opposition fans or is there a bond between the two clubs?

To think when we play Dundee Utd in a few weeks we only have Morgan as a striker. Fucking grim.

On the positive, at least Steve Brown will he happy as there will be nobody in the stand next to him. If MacLean is out longer-term I do suspect he'll let Wright get another striker though. You are struggling at this stage though.

I thought it was Konrad too. Harkins went to volley it but Konrad to me at least, looked like he got there first with the header. Could be wrong mind, was near the bottom of the stand so didn't have a great view.

To think when we play Dundee Utd in a few weeks we only have Morgan as a striker. Fucking grim.

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we play O'Halloran up front for that one, not really much of an improvement on Morgan at the moment though. Both situations are depressing though.

Wonder who's actually available just now? Vines the obvious shout, but the way he left maybe burned too many bridges. After that you're looking at McFadden, who wouldn't suit our style if played up front. A wildly outside bet would be Ched Evans, who I doubt we could afford or attract

Archived