St Johnstone vs Dundee - 13/09/14

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've still no idea what actually happened for the goal, just seemed to end up in the back of the net despite it looking like numerous players could prevent it. I was at the opposite end of the pitch though

I thought it was Konrad too. Harkins went to volley it but Konrad to me at least, looked like he got there first with the header. Could be wrong mind, was near the bottom of the stand so didn't have a great view.

Konrad definately headered it, Harkins didn't get a touch. I was in the Ormond stand. To add confusion to the Harkins Konrad debate. I thought I was an OG! Thought the saints defender, Wright?, got the final touch before the ball crossed the line.

Some Dundee fans slightly over egging it here. Well played today-and Harkins easily the best player on the park-but it was hardly like you were battering the door down threatening to run riot.

A game of few, if any, real chances outside of Dundee's goal. No idea how we managed to concede that too-ball was in the air for an eternity and it looked for all the world that someone would have to get the ball away from the header that eventually sneaked in,

Poor from us all round. Too many poor decisions in forward positions. Was like we were trying to play for Maclean up front when it was graham in there. Plenty of ball in wide positions just begging for a cross to be fired in from him to attack and we just abjectly failed to do that. Don't think we out in a decent cross in the first hour at all.

O'Halloran is incredibly frustrating-all the pace and ability to beat players in the world by this final ball just isn't there. Always wants too many touches. Witherspoon not at the races and Morgan is an absolute impostor. He shouldn't be near the match day squad again.

We were pish. Made an average side look good.

Well done dundee, we deserved nothing from that. Harkins played great today - looks like a junior player til he get the ball; wins headers, skilful on the deck and an intelligent player. On today's performance, not seen him much before.

Why do we set up so negatively for a home game? Different if we were playing celtic, I could understand it. We looked totally devoid of ideas and don't think we had a shot at goal.

The mini-rangers fans were singing a bit at the end, but thought they would have been a bit noisier when their teams doing better than they've done in a few years. Shows the difference a good manager can make for a team. Would guess about 2700 away support?

The drum and slow clap is great, it's all the rage on the continent, as maybe one day you'll get to experience. Nice to see dundee fans joining in, though when your full song repetoire is hullo hullo we are the Derry boys, and no one likes us we don't care, I can understand why you would want to join in with anything different.

Come on lads, not at the wind up, but surely you can do better than that?!

Some celebrations from the Dundee fans at the end. Obviously happy to have taken the scalp of a bigger team.

^^^^^^^^^

:bairn:bairn:bairn:bairn

We had around 3500 apparently according to Stuart Cosgrove and had a bit more than St Johnstone did.

Also, you're fucking mental if you think the drum and slow clap is great.

2500 according to Saints.

And I too think the Saints fans were pretty good today. I was expecting more from Dundee - they were really quiet for the first half and only made noise when they went ahead. I know that comes from a Saints fans' perspective, but Aberdeen, with a similar crowd, were loads noisier.

Unfortunately I missed the first 20 minutes of the game but I got there to see the goal. While I would have liked to have stuck another one away, I thought we controlled the game and looked good for the win. The players seem really up for it, even Harkins who has been labelled as lazy in the past seems like a sprightly young newbie desperate to chase balls that he would have given up on in the past. We're playing good football too so I'm just really enjoying watching Dundee at the moment, at some point we'll get beat but we just look 'good' at the moment, I fear injuries may be our undoing though. Imagine how good we'd be if we hadn't signed such a bunch of "rejects", "crocks" and "diddies" !

Do St Johnstone fans just come to stare at the Dundee fans?

'you only had X amount of fans' 'why do you sing Rangers songs' 'you were quiet and other teams fans are louder' bla bla bla

Greeting face fucks.

Moving up the table nicely while the fermers are slipping down :D

'you only had X amount of fans' 'why do you sing Rangers songs' 'you were quiet and other teams fans are louder' bla bla bla

Greeting face fucks.

I don't know if you're aware mate but they've won the Scottish Cup, you'd think they would have mentioned it. :lol:

Greeting face fucks.

Yes. Dundee are uncatchable imo

Archived