St Johnstone vs Dundee - 13/09/14

good to outnumber the home support 2 to 1 though.

This is going to become a myth isn't it? There were almost 4000 Saints fans, and around 2500 Dundee fans

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the saints fans wee display? I only went to see that. Was it the flag over the empty seats?

Funnily I was just wondering the same thing

The mini-rangers are going well and must be in great spirits going into their derby next week with a good chance of getting a result. Will be a big buzz around coagie land this week with both clubs in the top 5, when was the last time that happened??

Saints have a tough one away at inverness but an away game probably suits the way we set up these days much better. We're not going to be the free scoring entertaining side we were last season though, that looks to be a certainty.

Saints fans used to sing hello hello we are the muirton boys and hail hail the saints are here but thankfully that all stopped around the time we moved to mcDiarmid. I'd hate it if our fans tried to be like the old firm in any way. Dundee fans used to bring union flags to games as well I seem to remember.

The mini-rangers are going well and must be in great spirits going into their derby next week with a good chance of getting a result. Will be a big buzz around coagie land this week with both clubs in the top 5, when was the last time that happened??

Saints have a tough one away at inverness but an away game probably suits the way we set up these days much better. We're not going to be the free scoring entertaining side we were last season though, that looks to be a certainty.

Saints fans used to sing hello hello we are the muirton boys and hail hail the saints are here but thankfully that all stopped around the time we moved to mcDiarmid. I'd hate it if our fans tried to be like the old firm in any way. Dundee fans used to bring union flags to games as well I seem to remember.

Wrong forum Paula, either the Championship one or the OF one for this pish.

^^^ Seething

:bairn:bairn

Shite patter.

sticker,375x360.png

Personally, I couldn't pick between Stewart, who's turning in to a real find, Harkins, McGowan or McPake for my MOTM.

Stewart for a young lad in his first season as a full time pro has come on leaps and bounds from the boy we saw at points last season for Cowden. His touch is great, he held the top line well for a young lad on his own, and last week looked just as comfy on the left wing against Celtic. Delighted with the signing.

GGH was back to his best at points yesterday, getting the ball to his feet is imperative this year, allowing him to drive like he did a fair few times with it. His control and energy is great to see when you've taken a spell of possession against you. It really eases the pressure.

McGowan is just a wee rascal. The lad never stops biting at players ankles, chasing every ball and covering for every man. Seen him covering at LB for a minute or two yesterday FFS. He's my signing of the summer, the sort you love on your team, and hate in other teams against you. Angry little man!

McPake and Tam are just a worldy of a partnership at the back. McPake is the no nonsense style boy who handled Saint hammer throwing perfectly, and Tam is the one who can start things from the back. Plenty of reason to believe we have the spine of a team who can actually achieve something this season.

Another positive for me is how well Ferry and McAlister play together. I always preferred Jim as more of an attacking CM, but he is revelling in the holding role, linking well with the defence and the midfielders. He had a lapse of concentration or two yesterday, but otherwise, great link up play.

Next week now - THE FEAR has returned to Tannadice, and I'm positively gagging for it.

St Johnstone's derby yet they couldn't even attract much over 2000 fans.

My insider sources at McDiarmid Park tell me there was 2243 St Johnstone fans and 4319 Dundee fans. Add these two together and it makes 6,562; exactly the official attendance figure given by the club and thus confirming that my sources are accurate. You can't debate the facts.

St Johnstone's derby yet they couldn't even attract much over 2000 fans.

My insider sources at McDiarmid Park tell me there was 2243 St Johnstone fans and 4319 Dundee fans. Add these two together and it makes 6,562; exactly the official attendance figure given by the club and thus confirming that my sources are accurate. You can't debate the facts.

:lol:

I made a total arse of reporting the goal, but I've corrected it now. I hate these goalmouth scrambles.Life's so much simpler when someone just wellies it in from 25 yards.

The goal was strange. I originally though Collum had given a free kick. Normally the ref would move when holding his arm out but he stood still - as if having given a free kick.

Don't lie; you're a wee team.

Regardless, I'm not lying, those are the official figures. As I said earlier though, having a bigger support doesn't equal success, as was proven yesterday

I can't recall seeing one post saying anything positive about Morgan. You've just made that up.

Theres a few folk mentioning we should play a 4-4-2 with Morgan beside Graham. I may have over-egged the situation a little though

WAPs quite fun just now, we've suddenly turned on the 4-5-1 and apparently Adam Morgan is the answer to all our problems :lol:

Surely no one has suggested Morgan to start. That can't be true.

Very frustrated at the amount of people demanding a 4-4-2 despite it not suiting us at all and us having deployed the 4-5-1 for most of last season as well!

Surely no one has suggested Morgan to start. That can't be true.

Very frustrated at the amount of people demanding a 4-4-2 despite it not suiting us at all and us having deployed the 4-5-1 for most of last season as well!

I think its more a case of desperately wanting a 4-4-2 and Morgan being the obvious one to come in to partner Graham, more than hoping Morgan would achieve anything.

I hope.

FWIW I do sort of agree formation wise, I like the 4-2-3-1 version of it, but yesterday we seemed to play a 4-1-4-1, although Im not sure it was actually the wrong system, just a poor performance.

Archived