The Arbroath Thread

Little, Hester and Gold signed up for next season. Good to see Little and Hester signed up but I'm utterly bemused at Gold being offered a new deal. Lowdon away off to Clyde which is a bit disappointing.

Yeh, I find the Gold signing a bit worrying,is he a fifer?

I still think it's a sick sick joke and refuse to believe it,

Agreed thank f**k that's the season over, was terrible viewing today, more I thought about it the more I think it was shite only 3 boys made effort to come over at the end, and the 3 that did look likely to be away,

He's from Edinburgh I'm sure

He's mates with Heart's Sam Nicholson I'm sure. I saw Sam at the Stirling away game, where we lost, not for the last time, against 10 men FFS!

David Gold has been dreadful all season. I can only think that Dick believes he has an unpolished gem somewhere deep down? Can't make any bloody sense of this one at all. Bewildering.

Gold might surprise us next season,look at Lowden last season.Very happy if Little has signed up again,gives us 3 very good players at this level to build on with Linn and Whatley,and young Hester upfront hopefully to get better with some decent strikers around him.

Second class second division that's where you are, our worst season for years but still miles better than the mighty Arbroath

Wtf are you havering on about.

Oh well. We start with 5. See what happens. Very happy we will have a base of Little/Linn and Whatley to build on.

Just quoting facts what bit do you not understand, :P but credit where credit due well done for finishing above East Stirling :lol::lol:

Aye well done to Brechin...

Is that what you're wanting to hear? If it is then you can gtf now.

Thank you.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Gold might surprise us next season,look at Lowden last season.Very happy if Little has signed up again,gives us 3 very good players at this level to build on with Linn and Whatley,and young Hester upfront hopefully to get better with some decent strikers around him.

This is how we look at things, not with pious, self righteous mutterings

Don't get the hate for Gold at all to be honest. Might be a different story next season when he's actually playing in a half decent team. Does a job and will be a good squad player.

Flemings a bombscare. Get him to f**k.

Absolutely amazed anyone could be happy to keep David Gold and happy for Flem to leave based on the 40 odd games we've played this season. Allan Fleming was superb for us up until Dick came in, while David Gold has done absolutely nothing whatsoever. I fully understand Dick's decision to let Flem go though, as he can only judge players on what he's seen since he came to the club, and Flem has made several costly mistakes. Still, I'm disappointed to see him go.

As I've said before, I don't like to criticise our own players, but I have absolutely no idea what David Gold's role in our team next year will be. He isn't a defensive midfielder. He isn't a creative midfielder. He isn't the sort of player to break things up and put a challenge in. He isn't a goalscoring midfielder. Essentially he is a midfielder who doesn't add anything defensively or attacking wise. What has David Gold added to the team this season? What would we miss if we hadn't signed him up for next year? What job does he do?

I'm very happy we've managed to get Ricky sorted for next year, and glad Kane has been given a new deal to continue to progress. It was very surprisingly to see Josh Skelly, a player who almost certainly won't be at Gayfield next year, starting yesterday while Kane who definitely will be with us on the bench.

In terms of the players leaving, in all honesty I couldn't care less outside of Flem, Ricky, Lowdon, Linn, Whatley and Hester. It's a shame Lowdon has signed for Clyde, and I'm disappointed but understand Flem not being offered a new deal and obviously happy the other four are signed. If Mark Williams is available I would be interested in keeping him also. Outside of those seven, I don't think there's any argument whatsoever for keeping any of the others if we wan't to be above our current position next season.

Absolutely amazed anyone could be happy to keep David Gold and happy for Flem to leave based on the 40 odd games we've played this season. Allan Fleming was superb for us up until Dick came in, while David Gold has done absolutely nothing whatsoever. I fully understand Dick's decision to let Flem go though, as he can only judge players on what he's seen since he came to the club, and Flem has made several costly mistakes. Still, I'm disappointed to see him go.

As I've said before, I don't like to criticise our own players, but I have absolutely no idea what David Gold's role in our team next year will be. He isn't a defensive midfielder. He isn't a creative midfielder. He isn't the sort of player to break things up and put a challenge in. He isn't a goalscoring midfielder. Essentially he is a midfielder who doesn't add anything defensively or attacking wise. What has David Gold added to the team this season? What would we miss if we hadn't signed him up for next year? What job does he do?

I'm very happy we've managed to get Ricky sorted for next year, and glad Kane has been given a new deal to continue to progress. It was very surprisingly to see Josh Skelly, a player who almost certainly won't be at Gayfield next year, starting yesterday while Kane who definitely will be with us on the bench.

In terms of the players leaving, in all honesty I couldn't care less outside of Flem, Ricky, Lowdon, Linn, Whatley and Hester. It's a shame Lowdon has signed for Clyde, and I'm disappointed but understand Flem not being offered a new deal and obviously happy the other four are signed. If Mark Williams is available I would be interested in keeping him also. Outside of those seven, I don't think there's any argument whatsoever for keeping any of the others if we wan't to be above our current position next season.

Well said mate and I agree with it all.

I feel sorry for Fleming, because he's saved us from a few hidings this season. But he's also made some bad mistakes, and has been in terrible form since Campbell came in. If there was one game to sum Fleming up it would be the recent game at home to East Fife. Costly mistake to give them the goal, but then made a number of good saves to keep the scoreline down.