The Arbroath Thread

Quite like the sound of our front 2 being Doris and Kane.

Very unlikely Dick will see Kane as a starter in my opinion - I expect another year of coming off the bench for the last 20/ 30 minutes.

:bairn :bairn :bairn

Very unlikely Dick will see Kane as a starter in my opinion - I expect another year of coming off the bench for the last 20/ 30 minutes.

:bairn :bairn :bairn

Kane has a year under his belt now in the senior game and will hopefully bulk up over the summer. He is such a natural finisher. Don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance

Kane has a year under his belt now in the senior game and will hopefully bulk up over the summer. He is such a natural finisher. Don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance

I don't disagree, but I think Dick will view it differently.

One things for sure - we need to have 4 strikers, including Kane, signed up. We've played the majority of the season with two striking options, both young lads, one out of position and one fresh out of the bottom leagues at junior level. If we'd had another two proper strikers to support them we'd have been challenging for the play offs, even with the rest of the team having big holes in it.

I don't really care how we play. As long as we win.

He's been a huge part of the last 5/6 years for Forfar, and I'm pretty sure Forfar fans would've really enjoyed those last 5/6 years getting promoted and then nearly going to the championship twice.

It was only a guess by the way.

I think he could be best described as a "marmite" player from the fans' perspective.

Has had a solid if unspectacular season this year. 

Plusses - scored a couple of cracking goals, his delivery from corners and free kicks is probably as good as anyone else in the league, he's very vocal and always puts in 100%. (including a willingness to put his injury aside to play if needed towards the end of the season)

Minuses - schoolboy errors particularly a tendency to stop when he puts his hand up for offside!!  Lack of pace was becoming more apparent as some teams would target attacks down that side of the pitch.  For as good as his dead ball distribution is, his accuracy when the ball is in play is not as good - think someone mentioned the long ball earlier (although that probably had more to do with his dad's tactics more than anything else).

In the seasons before, he rarely missed a game, was the player of the year a couple of seasons ago and has been a great servant to the club - would be surprised if we didn't offer him some kind of deal.

Hoping to sign some players that actually want to play for the manager. The team totally underperformed last season but that's the past now. Let's all look forward to next season which starts 16th July with the league cup. Onwards and upwards from now on I hope.

Where did you hear this?

Scott Binnie said it on Twitter.

Stirling fan saying we've agreed to get Doris and are after McGeachie, who should be going to the league above according to one on their thread. Could be bullshit but I've heard a lot of people saying Doris now.

It's always interesting what the rumour mill is during closed season. Only really care when players are actually signed. Would be great if Doris comes back, get that partnership going with Swanks again, maybe! Flem shot himself in the foot tbh with that run of errors under Dick. Big Rab between the sticks?