The Arbroath Thread

Loans are fine and acceptable when used correctly all clubs do it, we've absolutely beasted that system the last 2 seasons though and it's been a total farce. Sure I had a list of 18!!!

Easton

McGeever

McCallum

Carriero

Grant

Zubaidi

Rowan

Gordon

Henry

Skelly

Williams

Watson

Ramsey

Ryan

Rutherford

Is absolutely ridiculous. I'm forgetting a few as well though I'm sure.

Shocking. Surely we've learnt our lesson now?

I don't see the difference between an 18 year old with one year left on his contract at a 'big' club signing for us on a development loan and an 18 year old signing for us on a one year contract?

Our loans have been fairly poor (I'm trying to be nice here... ;) ) in the past few seasons, but a one year contract is a one year contract. If a player doesn't know where their future lies past the end of the season, even if they don't want it to lie with the club they're playing for, usually they're still going to put the effort in to attract others if they don't want to stick about.... If they don't, it's not because they're on loan and aren't committed, it's simply because they can't hack it in senior football. That's always the worry when signing a teenager, whether they're contracted to our club or another.

I think it's fair to say Albion fans have mixed feelings about the departure of Doris. I don't think we got the best out of him and I'm not sure if it was down to his fitness level or the way we played (shite). It was certainly frustrating watching him fall over quite a lot.

I think it's fair to say Albion fans have mixed feelings about the departure of Doris. I don't think we got the best out of him and I'm not sure if it was down to his fitness level or the way we played (shite). It was certainly frustrating watching him fall over quite a lot.

I think that's fair to say actually. I think at times, it was probably a mix of both these things Headthebaw. Wish the guy luck though, at least he always tried and never hid.

Doris is very good especially at this level, all he needs to do is put the work in, get himself fit and start enjoying himself in hopefully a good team. Fans and club will always be there supporting him, he's earned that, so hopefully we can get the best out of him again and he's happy back at us.

I still remember him when he played RWB and his mazys from there. Think he scored a wonder goal v Peterhead or Stranraer taking the ball all the way from the right back position diagonally across the pitch before slotting it in one on one v the keeper.

Well it's fair to say there mixed feeling on Doris coming back. I personally think he will do well for us. Shame to lose Lowdon I thought he was starting to settle at LB for us. Lots more comings and goings yet look forward to find out who.

Well it's fair to say there mixed feeling on Doris coming back. I personally think he will do well for us. Shame to lose Lowdon I thought he was starting to settle at LB for us. Lots more comings and goings yet look forward to find out who.

Not from Arbroath fans anyway. Stirling fans. Only been there a year though and they never had the best season.

I don't see the difference between an 18 year old with one year left on his contract at a 'big' club signing for us on a development loan and an 18 year old signing for us on a one year contract?

Our loans have been fairly poor (I'm trying to be nice here... ;) ) in the past few seasons, but a one year contract is a one year contract. If a player doesn't know where their future lies past the end of the season, even if they don't want it to lie with the club they're playing for, usually they're still going to put the effort in to attract others if they don't want to stick about.... If they don't, it's not because they're on loan and aren't committed, it's simply because they can't hack it in senior football. That's always the worry when signing a teenager, whether they're contracted to our club or another.

there are two types of young players made available for loan, them who are seen as a prospect, i.e Kenny McLean or you have the player whose contract is winding down, i.e Brian Clark or Darren Ramsay, surely the past two seasons have proved how "hit or "miss" these loans can be

What's the general consensus on dick in the games he was in charge? Fans happy with him/style of play?

There isn't one. He had to keep us up and he's done that. I think everybody can see the bizarre situation we've been faced with the last month or so of the season. Need to let him build his own team before forming any opinions of him. Edited by 1320Lichtie

What's the general consensus on dick in the games he was in charge? Fans happy with him/style of play?

Have to say the that I never heard the f-word used so much since he arrived and believe me I am a frequent user of industrial language, wowser!

no way anyone other than Campbell's son will get a game left back. He'll start every game no matter what, even centre half if struggling

Looking forward to seeing what next season brings as hopefully we will improve. Doris is a good signing and knows where the goal is which was ultimately Rutherfords weak point this season. Hopefully get a few more experienced players and push for promotion.