The Arbroath Thread

Apparently we're signing a left back from QOTS who was on loan with you guys last season. Rutherford? Thoughts?

Does a job. About all you can say. Like I said on your thread he looks like a centre half at left back and looks a bit awkward at centre half, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

Decent enough defensively but will give you zero going forward from left back. Be a useful back up I think.

Does a job. About all you can say. Like I said on your thread he looks like a centre half at left back and looks a bit awkward at centre half, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

Decent enough defensively but will give you zero going forward from left back. Be a useful back up I think.

I see we have signed Andy Munro after he played very well in a preseason game last night. If he is anywhere as good as Travis, another Arbroath reject, we will be delighted.

I see we have signed Andy Munro after he played very well in a preseason game last night. If he is anywhere as good as Travis, another Arbroath reject, we will be delighted.

Travis is a class act who I can see going higher if he gets fit again. Munros level probably is about L2, just young though so room for improvement. Raw, good defensively and a scary big bass. Would've like d to see him stay but can understand why we've not kept him.

Good luck to the guy, seems sound and committed.

Travis is a class act who I can see going higher if he gets fit again. Munros level probably is about L2, just young though so room for improvement. Raw, good defensively and a scary big bass. Would've like d to see him stay but can understand why we've not kept him.

Good luck to the guy, seems sound and committed.

Anyone have any info about our pre season game tonight? trialists? cheers

Edit: just seen an update we are playing Dundee U20's and are 2-0 up. Kadar and Linn with the goals.

Is this a proper friendly.

Nowhere near as good as Travis, thought he would've went junior.

Beat Dundee U20s 2-0 last night, but obviously pre season results are an utter irrelevance and it's all about fitness, trying things and giving trialists some game time to judge them. However, Pongo and Omar Kader showed up well and I'm already quite excited to see them in competitive games. I thought Stevie Doris was a trialist until 5/ 10 minutes in when he got closer, he's lost a fair bit of weight. The only players we've got signed up who didn't get any game time were Mikey Dunlop, who was there but unused so may be carrying a knock, Bryan Prunty and Gavin Malin and I didn't see either of them so would suspect they're still on holiday.

I also managed to have a chat with the chairman last night regarding our game against Inverness U20s, and unfortunately the dream of us representing the club is dead. While JC thought the idea was a good one, the SPFL have rules where we need to play our strongest team (seriously) and if we played a weakened team they would probably fine us. Sadly this fine would probably outweigh the costs we would save by playing the fans.

I'm fairly confident that if we had tried this last season it would have been okay, and the only risk we would have run would have been when we reverted to the 'first team' after the fans played, which could have been viewed by the SPFL as a weaker team considering it is highly likely that we would have performed better than the 'first team' did in the majority of games.

Since the dream is dead, I shall revert to my backup plan of camping from the Saturday to the Tuesday in the car park of the Caledonian Stadium with several hundred litres of white cider for company.

I also managed to have a chat with the chairman last night regarding our game against Inverness U20s, and unfortunately the dream of us representing the club is dead. While JC thought the idea was a good one, the SPFL have rules where we need to play our strongest team (seriously) and if we played a weakened team they would probably fine us. Sadly this fine would probably outweigh the costs we would save by playing the fans.

I'm fairly confident that if we had tried this last season it would have been okay, and the only risk we would have run would have been when we reverted to the 'first team' after the fans played, which could have been viewed by the SPFL as a weaker team considering it is highly likely that we would have performed better than the 'first team' did in the majority of games.

Since the dream is dead, I shall revert to my backup plan of camping from the Saturday to the Tuesday in the car park of the Caledonian Stadium with several hundred litres of white cider for company.