The Arbroath Thread

Beat Dundee U20s 2-0 last night, but obviously pre season results are an utter irrelevance and it's all about fitness, trying things and giving trialists some game time to judge them. However, Pongo and Omar Kader showed up well and I'm already quite excited to see them in competitive games. I thought Stevie Doris was a trialist until 5/ 10 minutes in when he got closer, he's lost a fair bit of weight. The only players we've got signed up who didn't get any game time were Mikey Dunlop, who was there but unused so may be carrying a knock, Bryan Prunty and Gavin Malin and I didn't see either of them so would suspect they're still on holiday.

Hi SimonLichtie,

When you refer to Pongo do you mean Ryan McCord?

http://m.arbroathherald.co.uk/sport/local-sport/excitement-builds-for-boss-1-4164188

Trialists expected Sunday. Prunty (no Lister) and Malin still on their holidays.

Loans to be used in summer.

Heard who a few of the Trialists are and I really hope we get one of them anyway. Hopefully he's there on Sunday.

John Ritchie new GK coach.

Eta: after looking him up he seems to be a Scotland GK coach too

Edited by 1320Lichtie

"Some players like Jim Lister and Gavin Malin remain on holiday but the likes of Mikey Dunlop, pictured, have joined training and look in top shape ahead of the pre-season campaign........Jim and Gavin and others are on holiday right now but the boys in training look good, big Mikey Dunlop’s back and he’s looking good.

Head in hands moment when Prunts turns up at training next week and Dick realises he's signed the wrong, aging ex Airdrie striker :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Some players like Jim Lister and Gavin Malin remain on holiday but the likes of Mikey Dunlop, pictured, have joined training and look in top shape ahead of the pre-season campaign........Jim and Gavin and others are on holiday right now but the boys in training look good, big Mikey Dunlop’s back and he’s looking good.

Head in hands moment when Prunts turns up at training next week and Dick realises he's signed the wrong, aging ex Airdrie striker :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Buzzing to see Prunty up top, player I've always admired, especially from his Dumbarton days.

I hope this is just a printing error and Journos are running about Angus getting themselves all confused. :P

Has Jim Lister not already found a new club anyway?

Also, who have you heard some of the trialists will be?

Jim Lister is a Forfar player. Please someone tell Dick before he wonders why he has not turned up for training If Dick remembers when training is.

Gordon Marshall.

I just read ex Hibs/Dundee/Rangers and Scotland midfielder Kevin Thomson is signing/signed for Tranent Juniors.  He is only 31, he would be an absolute star in League 1 or League 2.

He would be a cracking signing!

Tranent play in Maroon too, although their nickname is pretty good! "The Belters"

Tickets and new Away kit

From 2pm on Sunday afternoon, prior to kick off against Motherwell there will be a chance to buy Season Tickets and tickets for the Betfred Cup game against Dundee United.  Both will be on sale upstairs in the Caird Suite.

Also from 2.15pm the club shop will be open and the new away kit will be available to buy for the first time.

Seems Scott Binnie had a mare with that article printing Lister instead of Prunty.

Might pop down on Sunday, should be a good few trialists playing.

Scott binnie is an Arse licker . Calls dick Campbell "gaffer" and dotes on his every word .

Tickets and new Away kit

From 2pm on Sunday afternoon, prior to kick off against Motherwell there will be a chance to buy Season Tickets and tickets for the Betfred Cup game against Dundee United. Both will be on sale upstairs in the Caird Suite.

Also from 2.15pm the club shop will be open and the new away kit will be available to buy for the first time.

Looks like Sunday is going to cost me a fortune