The Arbroath Thread

50 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Scott signed according to Tay FM I'm told!!!

Good attacking midfield player that can play right across the midfield, would imagine he'll be playing on the left!

Now... A centre half signed or on loan please and I think we're done, apart from a loan or 2

Eta: very similar to Paul Woods who chose to stay at QP.

IS he the one who was known as Jimmy Scott?, or am I on drugs

IS he the one who was known as Jimmy Scott?, or am I on drugs

The very one.

Good highlights of him on YouTube for anyone interested looks to play mainly right/central, takes corners and free kicks, can beat a man. Covers the whole of midfield really.

7 midfielders now seems about right for 4 positions.

Be very happy if confirmed.

On paper Jimmy Scott is a great signing.

However - he plays in all the position's we've got some of our best players in, so it's a surprising one. Plus he'll hardly be a 50 quid a week squad player.

Yes our midfield now has five excellent players to take four places, but our defence is still very short right now. While I'm happy with the signing, I'd have been a lot happier at this moment in time if we'd got a quality centre back or left back in. If we can get in even one more quality defender and one left sided one for cover we've got a great squad on paper.

On paper Jimmy Scott is a great signing.

However - he plays in all the position's we've got some of our best players in, so it's a surprising one. Plus he'll hardly be a 50 quid a week squad player.

Yes our midfield now has five excellent players to take four places, but our defence is still very short right now. While I'm happy with the signing, I'd have been a lot happier at this moment in time if we'd got a quality centre back or left back in. If we can get in even one more quality defender and one left sided one for cover we've got a great squad on paper.

Buzzing with Jimmy, like you say one more good centre half in on loan or whatever and we're looking very dece on paper.

2 keepers
6 defenders
7 midfielders
3 strikers

Another striker/defender and you'd think that's that. Maybe Callaghan too which would leave us with a very well covered midfield.

A wee moan to start the season with...getting a ticket for the United game would be a whole lot easier if the club would sell the tickets in a shop or outlet that was open till about 5 or 6pm instead of trying to get a ticket at Gayfield which is just open in the morning and for a working person impossible to get to at that time,..moan over.

Calm down lads sure the club will announce a PATG soon. Quite a lot of people have messaged me asking if I have a ticket and how to get one and when I tell them they're saying they dunno if they can manage to get one/can go out of their way to get one. Its putting them off. Especially the people that can't commit to it just yet.

Hope a PATG is announced soon.

Another midfield recruit, all well & good but we desperately need quality additions in defence. My only hope is DC has this in hand with the loan signings come start of the season. Could be embarrassing in these cup games.

Would say we only need 1 good addition in defence. Little and Hamilton are as good as you can get and Thomson looks promising too. One void to fill imo.

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

f**k me what a midfield. 6 guys that every team would love to have out of that 8.

Bobby Linn
Martin Scott
Ryan McCord
Mark Whatley
Liam Callaghan
Omar Kader
David Gold
Gav Malin

who are the 6?

f**k me what a midfield. 6 guys that every team would love to have out of that 8.

Bobby Linn
Martin Scott
Ryan McCord
Mark Whatley
Liam Callaghan
Omar Kader
David Gold
Gav Malin

Lol