The Arbroath Thread

Just had a look at Doris' stats in his first spell with Arbroath from 2009-13. He scored 6, 16, 21 and 13. Not too bad at all. Injury taken its toll over last three seasons though. If he stays fit, there's no reason why he can't hit double figures.

First season he was with us he played right wing back. He's had bother ever since he signed for Dundee but 12 last season suggests he's getting back to normal, guys only 27.

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Used to like him but he looks a bit overweight. Certainly not too old.

First season he was with us he played right wing back. He's had bother ever since he signed for Dundee but 12 last season suggests he's getting back to normal, guys only 27.

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You taking it or not?

Anyway. Still hoping McCallum signs. Had a wee look about and can't think of any full time clubs that will be needing or wanting a keeper..

He is certainly wanting as a keeper. Not wanted byany though.

I must say well done to Arbroath. Signing Josh Thomson is a great move, wish he had come to Bayview. Coached him for a couple of seasons at 13 -14, and I'd happily say, he was the best player in Fife youth football at the time. A great young lad who worked hard and listened to everything we had to say to him. There are many, even at that age, who thought they were better than listen. Good luck Josh, and good luck Arbroath for the season ahead.

I must say well done to Arbroath. Signing Josh Thomson is a great move, wish he had come to Bayview. Coached him for a couple of seasons at 13 -14, and I'd happily say, he was the best player in Fife youth football at the time. A great young lad who worked hard and listened to everything we had to say to him. There are many, even at that age, who thought they were better than listen. Good luck Josh, and good luck Arbroath for the season ahead.

Does look to be a good signing, just unlucky he had Dean Brett ahead of him at Cowden. I think we might have a wee gem on our hands with Thompson.

Don't know why we're bothering playing the games this season. Smokies clearly have the best players in every position.

Nobody has said that at all. I'd rather have Doris over any of your strikers and I'd love to have McGurn at us.

Still though, good wee wind up, came on, slated him and then shat yourself. Well played cc.

Eta: I think some of the signings in this division this year have been very impressive right across the teams. Much better than last season by the look of it. Forfar, you, us, Clyde etc etc.

Only seen 80 minutes of him but I loved it. Quick, solid, simple but decent with the ball, never stopped. Hopefully that wasn't a one off and he goes on to have a good season.

15 hours ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Il have a tenner with ya . What's the bet conditions ?

Well, I reckon that Doris would get 15+ goals if he was fit for the season as I said, so he would play 40 games. Works out at 0.375 goals a game. To take away the missed games etc. I'm happy to go with a simple bet that Doris will average over 0.375 goals a game over the course of the season if that suits?

14 hours ago, CowdenConvert said:

If their previous is anything to go by Doris has to be on the pitch every minute but if your CF breaks a leg on opening weekend tough shit.

It's good to see someone put their money where their mouth is, pretty embarrassing stuff from yourself here. I'm sure 1320Lichtie would be happy to go with a simple bet that Doris will have a better goals to games average over the season than any Cowden striker. Any further excuses to not take that bet?

Regarding Josh Thomson - I think everyone is getting a little ahead of themselves here.... He's looked good in three barely competitive friendly matches which were played mainly to get players fit/ match sharpness. Competitive football is an entirely different proposition.

It's good to see someone put their money where their mouth is, pretty embarrassing stuff from yourself here. I'm sure 1320Lichtie would be happy to go with a simple bet that Doris will have a better goals to games average over the season than any Cowden striker. Any further excuses to not take that bet?

Regarding Josh Thomson - I think everyone is getting a little ahead of themselves here.... He's looked good in three barely competitive friendly matches which were played mainly to get players fit/ match sharpness. Competitive football is an entirely different proposition.

You wouldn't walk into the bookies and ask for a bet based on those terms , you're being ridiculous .

£10 on Doris won't score 15 league goals this season please . Injured or not

Says the boy who's shitebagged out of my one.

Think you're the only person who doesn't realise your bet made you look like a twat.

If you're that desperate to have a punt on something any online bookies will offer you odds on something.