The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah guy yous punted

Heard he was offered pre season to show new manager of he was worth a contract but didn't come to training.

we had our best spells in league 1 last season when he was in the team. He's a bit like Lewis Milne who has just left us for Forfar. Disappointed to see them both go they are both capable. Maybe a fresh start will see them both realise their potential.

Heard he was offered pre season to show new manager of he was worth a contract but didn't come to training.

we had our best spells in league 1 last season when he was in the team. He's a bit like Lewis Milne who has just left us for Forfar. Disappointed to see them both go they are both capable. Maybe a fresh start will see them both realise their potential.

Where does he play? Out wide or more centrally? We had 2 wingers up front by the end of it today and the midfield was all over the place so it was hard to tell.

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where does he play? Out wide or more centrally? We had 2 wingers up front by the end of it today and the midfield was all over the place so it was hard to tell.

Can play left mid or centre mid. Gave us good balance of midfield when he played left but I remember him playing centre mid against sheff Utd and he was excellent with a superb range of passing.

sad to see him leave was hoping fox could take him to next level.

Can play left mid or centre mid. Gave us good balance of midfield when he played left but I remember him playing centre mid against sheff Utd and he was excellent with a superb range of passing.

sad to see him leave was hoping fox could take him to next level.

Sounds promising.

Anyone as sad as me can sit and watch this if they're interested. Wee YouTube video of the new keeper. There's one on there against Peru under 23s too but it's literally a video of him just kicking it.

2 years at Porto, one at Vitoria Sebul and one at another Portuguese club before going to Deportivo La Coruna and SC Mirandala. This might be the most random signing in the history of the club.

:lol:

To be fair, it did Julen Etxaberguren (amongst others) no harm moving to one of Scotland's "Ultimate Diddy Teams", maybe Gomes is coming here with the same hopes.

To be fair our crowds (and yours) are higher than a load of 2nd tier Portuguese/3rd tier Spanish clubs which is where he's mainly been playing. Step up for him IMO. ;)

In seriousness though that's a good point and maybe he's seen the success Julen has had afterall they might've played against each other? Who knows. It's exciting and worrying at the same time lets hope he does well. ????????

Who the f*ck is ricky gomes! 9 clubs in 8 years? Such a random signing but hopefully he proves better than most of our overseas signings. Disappointed this all but confirms mccallum wont be signing.

On the pitch its still early days but hopefully by the 1st league game a lot of the guys will have their match sharpness back. I count 10 games before our first league game of the season! [emoji50]

Who the f*ck is ricky gomes! 9 clubs in 8 years? Such a random signing but hopefully he proves better than most of our overseas signings. Disappointed this all but confirms mccallum wont be signing.

On the pitch its still early days but hopefully by the 1st league game a lot of the guys will have their match sharpness back. I count 10 games before our first league game of the season! [emoji50]

9 games in 8 years?he was 14 8 years ago ffs :lol: where are you getting that stat from?judging by YouTube footage he's definitely played more than that.

Just for clarification:

If Doris scores 14 or fewer league goals this year, you win?

If Doris scores 15 or more league goals this year, I win?

If he moves club (unlikely, but need to factor it in), league goals for other club count too?

I'll take your charity tenner please. If I win, you pay £10 to RNLI Arbroath

Edit to add: Playoff goals don't count?

Aye ok deal. If I win £10 to the Archie foundation