The Arbroath Thread

Callaghan to Montrose... Never played much or at all really but looked no bad just not really able to break into team.

Must be someone coming in in the near future though down to I think

Gomes
Douglas

Gold
Thomson
Little
Hamilton
Sukar

Kader
Ferns
Hodge
Malin
Whatley
McCord
Linn

Jimmy
Skelly
Doris
Prunty

Squad of 18. Rumours of a Defender for a while now but nothing as of yet

Hester would be named but I'm positive he's set to go out on loan again

What position does the Callaghan chap play?

And you're correct, Kane is on loan at Montrose Roselea.

What position does the Callaghan chap play?

And you're correct, Kane is on loan at Montrose Roselea.

Well that's just it he's not really got one. IMO not enough pace to play out wide, can't really beat a player, not a grafter/tackler/enough of a worker to play centrally. Looks great when he's on it but he doesn't really seem to affect a game much. Be interesting to see how he does, if I had to say I'd say he was a LM.

Well that's just it he's not really got one. IMO not enough pace to play out wide, can't really beat a player, not a grafter/tackler/enough of a worker to play centrally. Looks great when he's on it but he doesn't really seem to affect a game much. Be interesting to see how he does, if I had to say I'd say he was a LM.

Cheers. I think the only wide midfield players we have are Graham Webster and Ryan Ferguson so if he can come in and provide a bit of competition it can only be a good thing.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Cheers. I think the only wide midfield players we have are Graham Webster and Ryan Ferguson so if he can come in and provide a bit of competition it can only be a good thing.

Callaghan is capable at either left mid or centre mid. He has good ability but not athletic enough for me.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

He will be playing low level junior soon with the hundreds of others like him who have ability (with one foot) but don't have the application, desire or awareness to make it at a decent level.

He will be playing low level junior soon with the hundreds of others like him who have ability (with one foot) but don't have the application, desire or awareness to make it at a decent level.

I think this is fair. The guys clearly talented, he just can't seem to apply that talent to make an affect on a football match. Looked good in pre season friendlies then when the pace picked up he just wasn't the same. Never had much game time to be fair, but good luck to the guy at Montrose. I liked him but just didn't give enough plus we now have Bobby/Kader/Ferns and Skelly to play out wide and very strong centrally with Whatley/McCord/Scott/Hodge and Malin.

He came on at half time in a game (annan perhaps) and he mustve passed the backwards about 6 times, constantly took the easy option and didn't effect the game. Good luck to the lad but when you are chasing promotion you cant afford passengers.

That sounds like you're describing Bryan Hodge there as well....