The Arbroath Thread

I heard Hester only scored 6 as the last was given as an O.G.!!! That should help his confidence.

Edited as I have now done some more research and it appears that Kane did score all 7.

Edited by WT Figo
Wrong facts!

On 13/01/2017 at 11:55, 1320Lichtie said:

Callaghan to Montrose... Never played much or at all really but looked no bad just not really able to break into team.

Must be someone coming in in the near future though down to I think

Gomes
Douglas

Gold
Thomson
Little
Hamilton
Sukar

Kader
Ferns
Hodge
Malin
Whatley
McCord
Linn

Jimmy
Skelly
Doris
Prunty

Squad of 18. Rumours of a Defender for a while now but nothing as of yet

Hester would be named but I'm positive he's set to go out on loan again

I heard today that Rab Douglas is quitting or has quit as reserve keeper. Stewart was on the bench again today.

Edited by WT Figo
Spelling

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seen Deasley a few times recently, he is no longer quick or nimble.

I'll rule him out.

Was it Deasley who, a few years ago, apparently was ruled out a game with a bad knee injury and hours later, he was spotted giving it jazz hands in Fatties? Sure I read it on here.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Was it Deasley who, a few years ago, apparently was ruled out a game with a bad knee injury and hours later, he was spotted giving it jazz hands in Fatties? Sure I read it on here.

Don't need a healthy knee to give the old jazz hands

Lichties appearances & goals: (league, cup, total)

Liam Callaghan 2(4) 0, 1(5) 0, 3(9) 0 (now at Montrose)

Stevie 'Beast' Doris 134(14) 59, 23(1) 3, 157(15) 62

Michael Dunlop 3(3) 0, 2(2) 0, 5(5) 0 (now at Berwick) :lol:

Eddie Fearns 2 1, 0 0, 2 1

David Gold 30(12) 1, 8(3) 1, 38(15) 2

Ricky Gomes 12(1) 0, 3 0, 15(1) 0

Colin Hamilton 88 3, 14 3, 102 6

Kane Hester 4(29) 4, 1(5) 1, 5(34) 5 (on loan at Montrose Roselea)

Bryan Hodge 0 0, 0 0, 0 0

Omar Kader 14(6) 4, 7 1, 21(6) 5

Bobby Legend' Linn 125 35, 23(2) 4, 148(2) 39

Ricky Little 83(4) 4, 18(1) 1, 101(5) 5

Gavin Malin 0(9) 1, 0(2) 0, 0(11) 1

Ryan McCord 17 6, 6(1) 0, 23(1) 6

Robbie Mutch 8 0, 5(1) 0, 13(1) 0 (was on loan from Aberdeen)

Gary Phillips 7(1) 0, 6(1) 0, 13(2) 0 (now at Berwick)

Bryan Prunty 9(7) 1, 5(1) 0, 14(8) 1

Jimmy Scott 12(3) 6, 6 1, 18(3) 7

Josh Skelly 20(10) 7, 0(2) 0, 20(12) 7 (on loan from Dundee)

Jassem Sukar 14 0, 2 0, 16 0 (on loan from Dundee United)

Josh Thomson 0 0, 2(2) 0, 2(2) 0

Mark 'Skipper Whatley 88 3, 19(1) 1, 107(1) 4

Edited by Leicesterlichtie
Numpty(me) hit send too early

Great interview with Gavin Malin on the YouTube, really likeable guy, on about how good the team spirit is (clear to see by the way it's great) because of the #TapBoi, Pink and Young. Also credits his #InGameManagement seeing as he brought on Skelly who had an assist and himself and Jummy who both scored. Funny how this has happened quite a lot recently, good decisions from #TapBoi have been paying off yet nobody really seems to have picked up on it, after all it was at the centre of every thread when we were drawing games.... ;)

Extremely happy with the way things are going on the pitch and the personnel at the club, players and management right up to guys like Brian Cargill and the board. Real togetherness this season for the first time since Sheerin IMO. Feel good factor.

Roll on Annan. Wonder who the quick and nimble striker is at training tonight by the way? Also imagine were still after a defender. Maybe hear more by end of the week.

Great interview with Gavin Malin on the YouTube, really likeable guy, on about how good the team spirit is (clear to see by the way it's great) because of the #TapBoi, Pink and Young. Also credits his #InGameManagement seeing as he brought on Skelly who had an assist and himself and Jummy who both scored. Funny how this has happened quite a lot recently, good decisions from #TapBoi have been paying off yet nobody really seems to have picked up on it, after all it was at the centre of every thread when we were drawing games.... [emoji6]

Great point about the subbies [emoji106]

A couple of matters to raise/discuss
1. Dick Campbell claims we're the only team in this league playing with two wingers. When it's working, it definitely makes games more interesting but it also needs those players to put in a shift tracking back

2. Mark Whatley refers to our slow starts, the fact we often underperform and seldom score in first halves. It would be interesting to see the stats on when we've scored in games this season.

3. Any thoughts on the Bonus Ball scheme being launched on the AFC website for 'Gayfield development'?

2. Mark Whatley refers to our slow starts, the fact we often underperform and seldom score in first halves. It would be interesting to see the stats on when we've scored in games this season.

If my calculations are correct, we've scored 9 of our 37 goals in the first half. We've also scored 8 from the 80th minute onwards.

Always great to score goals late on, shows our fitness is good and we have that never say die attitude. Not sure we can keep doing it though, without taking anything for granted it would be nice for one week to be a couple up at half time and be comfortable in the second half. We rarely look like conceding, took a great strike on Saturday to score against us.