The Arbroath Thread

Agree, hammy been an absolute rock at the back this season.

Took Dick a while to sort out Hammy and Little from full back to centre back. But since it's been hammy and little at CB they've been stand out pairing in the league, added to that goldie and now Hodge, a very solid back 4.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Shout out to Mr McCord by the way.

Joint 3rd top scorer in the league with 13 goals from midfield. Outstanding.

That's good from his position, especially as he's carrying 1and a half people around the park.

also sadly highlights the total lack of quality forwards in the division if only 2 people have scored more than 13 in a season.

That's good from his position, especially as he's carrying 1and a half people around the park.
also sadly highlights the total lack of quality forwards in the division if only 2 people have scored more than 13 in a season.

In all seriousness I don't think there's anything wrong with his weight at all. He's just not an athletic guy, he gets about the park at a 3/4 pace for the 90 but he's not got that burst of pace about him or strength that some others in the midfield have.

If he had that what a player he would be, he would most definitely not be at Arbroath. Full time easy. Sure that's why it never worked out at Raith. Ability wise he's superb.

He's a real favourite and I hope and expect (fingers crossed!!!) him to be here for years to come. Suits him perfectly and he's now a firm favourite with the fans.

After Saturdays results. I would like to congratulate and wish you the best for next season. Keep the Angus flag high. You do deserve it. We've been a shamble for most of the season apart from the unbelievable start. However this thread is about Arbroath, good luck, we won't be joining you.

Just now, SlipperyP said:

After Saturdays results. I would like to congratulate and wish you the best for next season. Keep the Angus flag high. You do deserve it. We've been a shamble for most of the season apart from the unbelievable start. However this thread is about Arbroath, good luck, we won't be joining you.

Nothing won yet, but nice message anyway thank you. 

Yes, the desperation stage. All Arbroath fans know that feeling from 2 years ago. 

Angry it is on Saturday. f**k it. Result don't come through until 11pm here. I have an invitation to party which starts on Friday and finishes on Sunday. Boy becoming a monk. I'm off too that and in denial.

26 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Angry it is on Saturday. f**k it. Result don't come through until 11pm here. I have an invitation to party which starts on Friday and finishes on Sunday. Boy becoming a monk. I'm off too that and in denial.

Life is never easy, as for a non stop party Friday until Sunday!  Have fun and pace yourself ok. 

Life is never easy, as for a non stop party Friday until Sunday!  Have fun and pace yourself ok. 

Pace yourself, I'll be drunk by 2pm on Friday like a good Scotsman. The rest will be photos and memoirs.

You guys were correct about Todd Lumsden. Sacked by Linlithgow leaving them 2nd bottom of the league.

Still find it hilarious how people always moaned about Dick Campbell at the start of the season like and kept bringing this useless numpty up.

Guys absolutely hopeless.

Linlithgow should be nowhere near 2nd bottom in that league??? Or am I wrong?

First of all would like to say happy retirement to Chairman JC and hopefully goes out on a high with another Championship.

Not saying i have agreed with everything he has done but overall has been a success at the club although one thing i would have liked to see the club/town get involved closer just like it has now, but JC has to get credit for keeping the club afloat and overall we have done well over his period at the top.

Secondly i reckon a few players must have been in the running for P.O.T.Y. my choice was Ricky Little but throw in Stevie Doris/Colin Hamilton/Ryan McCord any of them could have won it.

The Y.P.O.T.Y. really picked itself with David Gold U'23 and Josh Skelly U'21 age groups.

Must also add how good was Jimmy Scott holding the ball up for the final minutes on Saturday, also hats of to Bryan Prunty and Rab Douglas encouraging their team mates from behind the goals during the game, there does seem to be a great team spirit at the club at the moment. 

ONE CUP FINAL to go lads LETS DO IT SMOKIES & WINE 36-0. 

14 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Still find it hilarious how people always moaned about Dick Campbell at the start of the season like and kept bringing this useless numpty up.

Guys absolutely hopeless.

Linlithgow should be nowhere near 2nd bottom in that league??? Or am I wrong?

Finishing 2nd top is seen as a failure at Linlithgow. This is the worst season in living memory.