The Arbroath Thread

The 4 first team players did excel however you would expect that. Clarke the left back and the young boy Kemp on the wing did well. The midfield pair in the last 25 of Allan and Miller (8/16) are only 17 and look an exciting combination. Both need to power up but that will come. Good result against a resolute Tayport side.

If correct looks like he's a left back

What is the point of Gavin Swankie? Complete and utter waste of a shirt. I can only think that he is DC's illegitimate son to get picked and play 90 minutes. Might as well play with 10 and a tailors dummy for all he offers the team. 

What is the point of Gavin Swankie? Complete and utter waste of a shirt. I can only think that he is DC's illegitimate son to get picked and play 90 minutes. Might as well play with 10 and a tailors dummy for all he offers the team. 

What utter nonsense.

Iv never been a fan to be honest, talented footballer but lacks effort. If he tried as hard as he moaned about albion time wasting or any player that brushed up against him today he'd maybe do better.

Latest on stevie d is a dislocated knee which is pretty nasty but would be a lot better than ligaments or a break so fingers crossed. Still i would imagine he'll be out for a minimum of a month. Would like to see hester given a run but not sure Dick will agree

11 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Iv never been a fan to be honest, talented footballer but lacks effort. If he tried as hard as he moaned about albion time wasting or any player that brushed up against him today he'd maybe do better.

Latest on stevie d is a dislocated knee which is pretty nasty but would be a lot better than ligaments or a break so fingers crossed. Still i would imagine he'll be out for a minimum of a month. Would like to see hester given a run but not sure Dick will agree

Dislocated knee, my son had that, on crutches for 10 weeks, rehab another 6 weeks, see where I am going with this

Give it a rest.

He was utter humpty yesterday, very poor, but it's clear to see what he brings to the team when he's playing well.

I have a feeling that if he was to run about like a heedless chicken chasing lost causes but giving absolutely nothing as a footballer you wouldn't be saying that, that's not his game at all though.

While I've said my, rather scathing, piece on Gav in the other thread, it's obvious what he does bring to the team. In the bigger picture, I'd much prefer someone who has a distinctly average work rate who can create/ score goals from nothing than an absolute haddy who steams about the park putting in all the effort in the world but is unable to produce anything due to having no footballing ability whatsoever. Sadly it is far more frustrating watching the former than the latter.

More to come.Then a big hissy fit with DC at some point i would imagine."Luxury player" that is a waste of a wage at this level.

Glad to hear Steven Doris' injury isn't cruciate ligament damage, although the injury is bad enough as it is. Don't think it requires surgery, at least hope it doesn't, but he'll still be out for a while. Hope the club treat him better than they did Paul McManus when he got his bad injury.

As for Gavin Swankie, he can bring something to the team when he's playing well. Pity he can't play well that often.

3 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Glad to hear Steven Doris' injury isn't cruciate ligament damage, although the injury is bad enough as it is. Don't think it requires surgery, at least hope it doesn't, but he'll still be out for a while. Hope the club treat him better than they did Paul McManus when he got his bad injury.

As for Gavin Swankie, he can bring something to the team when he's playing well. Pity he can't play well that often.

That is spot on seen him many times for Forfar nobody doubts his ability its just that he does not turn up MOST weeks

Dislocated knee, my son had that, on crutches for 10 weeks, rehab another 6 weeks, see where I am going with this

I know someone who dislocated there knee and were out for 6 weeks so obviously different level of severity and recovery time. Most important thing is he does recover & properly