The Arbroath Thread

Hester on loan again. It’s a situation I don’t really understand. Why sign him up again then loan him out? He’ll be 23 soon do not a kid. Do management think he’ll get stronger and improve his hold up play so he can become a first team player?

Probably that and the fact he can be a good squad player if required and bargaining tool. If he’s ok with it I don’t think it’s a problem.

Hester on loan again. It’s a situation I don’t really understand. Why sign him up again then loan him out? He’ll be 23 soon do not a kid. Do management think he’ll get stronger and improve his hold up play so he can become a first team player?
My feeling is he wasnt signed by Dick. Rather by someone on the board.

DC doesnt rate him.

Last season we were left with Hester as our only recognised striker when Doris was injured.

If i remember right, that day he decided to put Denholm up front, move Linn to the left and bring on Omar instead of our only striker on the bench.

Shape of the team was lost and 2 quick goals by Albion and the game was over, we never looked right after that.

DC then decides over next couple of months to play Denholm or McCord up front. Hester bench warming. Albeot some great results but there was games where Denholm and McCord were not that good.

He decides to bring in Gary Fraser on loan. Fraser gets more game time off the bench than Hester manages in same time frame. Though i think Hester still manages to get more assists and goals.

Then come January. We sign a few boys up and Hester is demoted to the stands.

Then packed off on loan to Albion where he goes quite well considering the lack of game time. Especially that game against Stranraer. Off the bench and gets a goal and a great assist.

He comes back and first game against East Fife he get put back in the stands as the management dont feel he is good enough.

Going by last season alone, would DC really want to sign him?

Happy for kane going to Elgin just down the road to train etc making it much easier than Glasgow.Heard he was not best pleased with getting punted to Stranraer in the first place, so hopefully this move makes it a bit better for him.

Felt sorry for Hester at times last season-particularly down at Stranraer when we were 6-2 up and DC opted to bring on Gary Fraser instead of him, a week after Hester had scored and won a penalty at Forfar. No one forced him to sign a new deal though, and I don’t know whether dick is just giving him false hope or what but surely he can see a move away from the club is required if he is to fulfil his potential.

Would like to wish Pongo all the best in his new job; I know up until very recently he was a civil engineer but according to Dick in the paper today he's missing part of pre season in July because he's a teacher and it's the only time he can go on holiday..... :D

On a similar note - good luck to Danny Denholm on his career change, I know he was a teacher previously but he went on holiday a few weeks ago (June) and therefore obviously this can't be the case.

Hopefully the other 3 teachers in the squad have managed to get a change of career in the past year so they're all available this pre season also :)

Would like to wish Pongo all the best in his new job; I know up until very recently he was a civil engineer but according to Dick in the paper today he's missing part of pre season in July because he's a teacher and it's the only time he can go on holiday..... [emoji3]
On a similar note - good luck to Danny Denholm on his career change, I know he was a teacher previously but he went on holiday a few weeks ago (June) and therefore obviously this can't be the case.
Hopefully the other 3 teachers in the squad have managed to get a change of career in the past year so they're all available this pre season also [emoji4]

Wait till Dick finds out Pongo’s not really a teacher and is just skiving off eating doughnuts again!

Hearts at Gayfield tomorrow. Apparently the Jambos are bringing a strong squad that will include their 10 new signings. Will be good to see our boys back in action including new boys Thomson and Jamieson.

Hearts at Gayfield tomorrow. Apparently the Jambos are bringing a strong squad that will include their 10 new signings. Will be good to see our boys back in action including new boys Thomson and Jamieson.

Does anyone know who is missing for us? Any trialists?

90%  sure Pongo's partner/wife/gf is a teacher so maybe that is the only time they can go on holiday together.    

Looking forward to the season starting.   The World Cup is great entertainment but it's not quite the same hurt or pleasure you experience following the Lichties.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/team/first - Hearts have got a pretty good squad so should be a real early test.

Wedderburn training and playing in bounce games for Raith, was always unlikely we’d get him but had held out hope. Still think we need a defensive midfielder, striker, winger and someone who can provide cover at the back. Loanees probably won’t come in until the league begins so plenty time. Also, improved contracts should be on offer for anyone who halves Kyle Lafferty tomorrow night.

And to shut up some wishful thinkers, Nat Wedderburn has signed for Raith Rovers.

Odd phrase to use.

Anyway, no very keen on Fraser but think it’s probably more of a numbers thing.

If we only had our own squad we’d be struggling for 11 and a couple of subs.