The Arbroath Thread

dc brilliant tonight on the radio surely the announcer at gayfield has to play go your own way before the game

Dick was very good, but as for that useless f****r David Currie

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

So I don’t have to listen to the whole programme, how far through does the DC interview start?

Sure he came on the back of 7pm, came across well but was hoping there was more about his time at the Red Lichties, in regards the signings i am sure Kane Hester still has a part to play for the team, he is a great impact sub and if he starts he knows he has to do the bizz to stay in the starting line-up, would also agree at the moment the front 2 (before Doris returns) is Wallace and McKenna so at the moment we really only have Hester and the youngster from Dunfermline as "out-an-out" strikers, i think we are well covered in midfield if i had another signing (apart from Scott Martin as you would not knock him back) i would be looking for a versatile defender.

I do think McKenna will be a big miss tomorrow as i think he has been our best player just in front of Bobby this season up to now. 

Sure he came on the back of 7pm, came across well but was hoping there was more about his time at the Red Lichties, in regards the signings i am sure Kane Hester still has a part to play for the team, he is a great impact sub and if he starts he knows he has to do the bizz to stay in the starting line-up, would also agree at the moment the front 2 (before Doris returns) is Wallace and McKenna so at the moment we really only have Hester and the youngster from Dunfermline as "out-an-out" strikers, i think we are well covered in midfield if i had another signing (apart from Scott Martin as you would not knock him back) i would be looking for a versatile defender.
I do think McKenna will be a big miss tomorrow as i think he has been our best player just in front of Bobby this season up to now. 

A left back.

14 hours ago, stan3600 said:

So I don’t have to listen to the whole programme, how far through does the DC interview start?

Wish I had waited for the podcast, the bit before was f***ing awful, but it is mostly a look at his career, although a bit of time spent talking about what happened at Ayr last season

7 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
20 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:
Scott Martin wants to come Gayf

The biggest issue from signing him instead of being on loan would be the part time aspect. Sure he could stay full time in the championship.

I think with the new loan rules and his age he could still turn out for us on a saturday and play for hibs Reserve team. 

Tbf though it would likely mean Whatley being benched and even more midfielders fighting for 2 central roles. 

I think with the new loan rules and his age he could still turn out for us on a saturday and play for hibs Reserve team. 
Tbf though it would likely mean Whatley being benched and even more midfielders fighting for 2 central roles. 
I think Hibs are looking for a permanent move rather than a loan though.

speaking to stevie d’s auld man before the game yesterday and he was so full of praise for the board and management in the way they have handled stevies injury. he is not far away from full training but dc is still not taking any chances on rushing him back. we are a part time team but now with a full time attitude well done AFC

speaking to stevie d’s auld man before the game yesterday and he was so full of praise for the board and management in the way they have handled stevies injury. he is not far away from full training but dc is still not taking any chances on rushing him back. we are a part time team but now with a full time attitude well done AFC

The new chairman has been a breath of fresh air for the club