The Arbroath Thread

No matter what it is, it’s just good everyone seems happy. [emoji23]

I think we’ve got an excellent group of players that includes some cult hero players (Little/Linn/Hammy/Doris/Swankie) that have racked up hundreds of Arbroath appearances between them.

A class management team, one of the most iconic lower league managers ever, a cracking guy to boot along with a good backroom team. Great having Rab on board too.

And a really good board and chairman who’ve been superb and are all great people too. Couldn’t ask for more in regards to fan engagement, social media, photographs and highlights etc too.

It’s good times at the moment, there’ll be shite that happens this season like there always is but it’s a solid and professional set up at the moment and long may it continue.

Surely the fact we are more than decent at the moment has more than a wee bit to do with the board?

Absolutely, don't disagree with this, but we both know if there is a dip of any kind, the management team and the board will get it in equal measure, fans are fickle

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It’s R Wallace and not M Wallace mate

Coincidently Mr M Wallace was at the game on Saturday!

Assuming the sub appearances in brackets are counted in the total games played beside it, we have 7 players in our squad adding up to an incredible 1278 games played for us. I've not looked into it at all, but I'd be amazed if there is another team in Scotland that has a similar amount of games played by so few players. I suspect that 1278 games by 7 players is probably more than the majority of teams have through their entire squads.

In terms of hall of fame stuff, we really could be looking at a couple of our current squad being entrants into it soon enough......

@Leicesterlichtie Do you keep any sort of seasonal stats for games played/ assists/ goals? If not, I think I may keep something like that for this season and post updates every month or two on that side of things....... would be nice to keep track of that in what will be our first time winning the third tier :D

Coincidently Mr M Wallace was at the game on Saturday!
Assuming the sub appearances in brackets are counted in the total games played beside it, we have 7 players in our squad adding up to an incredible 1278 games played for us. I've not looked into it at all, but I'd be amazed if there is another team in Scotland that has a similar amount of games played by so few players. I suspect that 1278 games by 7 players is probably more than the majority of teams have through their entire squads.
In terms of hall of fame stuff, we really could be looking at a couple of our current squad being entrants into it soon enough......
[mention=63430]Leicesterlichtie[/mention] Do you keep any sort of seasonal stats for games played/ assists/ goals? If not, I think I may keep something like that for this season and post updates every month or two on that side of things....... would be nice to keep track of that in what will be our first time winning the third tier [emoji3]

Michael Wallace loves the Lichties. Last I heard he was at Cumbernauld Colts.

Josh Falkinghams team, Harrogate, live on BT Sport at 17:15 today. Newly promoted to the National League and have started well with Josh still wearing the number 4. 🤩

Watching it just now, if the wee man played any deeper he would almost be the smallest CB I have ever seen

Pretty brutal stuff in the National League. Josh would have more fun playing for the Lichties. I know he’s wee but the rest must be huge. He’s the best passer on the pitch there.

Nothing to fear playing any of that pair of teams, full time to