The Arbroath Thread

Couple of Falkirk posters on their thread saying Dick Campbell has already been interviewed as Hartley's replacement.

DC and IC are astute minted businessmen.

No way are they giving up their gleneagles gowf days and multi million pound business for full time football.

No way are Falkirk appointing him either.

I’d be absolutely stunned. He’s got if far too good just now, he’s built this squad and management team up over the last 3 seasons. He’s got all his people in place and in the club and seems to be in his element.

No way are they giving up their gleneagles gowf days and multi million pound business for full time football.

I’d be absolutely stunned. He’s got if far too good just now, he’s built this squad and management team up over the last 3 seasons. He’s got all his people in place and in the club and seems to be in his element.

Good guys the Campbells, see the two of them and John Young at the Brechin City golf day last week, talking of golf days

Pretty brutal stuff in the National League. Josh would have more fun playing for the Lichties. I know he’s wee but the rest must be huge. He’s the best passer on the pitch there.

Pretty Poor 0-0, Josh barely touched the ball and then went off injured. His team are doing well though.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

IC cannae be that rich he took Brechin to tribunal for a few grand  after he rightly got punted childish p***k. 

3 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Still hanging on to that? Employees have rights and if Pink got a few quid his were presumably breached.

Yes and yes employees have rights but he is a big hot shot "minted business man" who does not need the money :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So... because he has money, he shouldn’t bother asking about what he was due?

Correct a "minted business man"  that took the huff about being binned for being useless as a manger, smacks of childish behavior no ?  obviously it had nothing to do with wanting back his sponsor money his company put into Brechin:rolleyes:  IC was legend at Brechin as a player, but as a man he let himself down very badly over a few grand and for that I for one will never let it go. I did recently have the pleasure of telling one of his staff to do one when they called me offering their services, we would have possibly had to pay them around £15k in fees that was NEVER going to happen :thumsup2 

Anyway see you Saturday mon the city

53 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Yes and yes employees have rights but he is a big hot shot "minted business man" who does not need the money :rolleyes:

Correct a "minted business man"  that took the huff about being binned for being useless as a manger, smacks of childish behavior no ?  obviously it had nothing to do with wanting back his sponsor money his company put into Brechin:rolleyes:  IC was legend at Brechin as a player, but as a man he let himself down very badly over a few grand and for that I for one will never let it go. I did recently have the pleasure of telling one of his staff to do one when they called me offering their services, we would have possibly had to pay them around £15k in fees that was NEVER going to happen :thumsup2 

Much of this might be true, but still was at your golf day last week, top man in my book

Doesn’t matter what his status was. If he was entitled to something he has every right to get it. It just shows he is sensible, sure you would do the same.

As for the second part, seems very immature to take your anger over that situation out on one of his employees who had absolutely nothing to do with it but whatever makes you happy.

Looking forward to the game, fancying another few Arbroath goals.

Is Hill injured?

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

In 2004 Dick Campbell managed Brechin in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, and failed to keep them up.

In 2006 Ian Campbell  was sacked by Brechin as they failed to stay up in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

Fast forward a decade, Darren Dods keeps his job at Brechin after they finish a 36 game season at the same level with 4 points.

Three managers 'fail' at the same job at the same level of football, one of them embarrassingly so in Dods case of not even winning a single game, yet only one of the three was sacked and it wasn't the one who didn't manage a single win?

Obviously you can't take the Dods situation into consideration when it comes to this point; but I'd say there's a strong possiblity IC didn't really give a f**k about 'a few grand' and actually went for unfair dismissal as Brechin had been in the same situation literally two years previously and not sacked the manager, whereas Pink was sacked. Strong possiblity it was actually a point of principle as opposed to anything to do with money.

It would have been a fairly easy case considering the direct comparison to two years previous where the manager kept his job..... Why no anger/ annoyance towards the employee and not the chairman who signed him up on an excessively long contract? If you deem someone not up to their job, it's not their fault if they're doing all they can, ultimately the fault lies at the door of the employer.

Not sure if DC will be able to use his magic to get Scott Martin back at the club as the chance to play for another Premiership team might be too much persuade him.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/scott-martin-expected-to-seal-move-away-from-hibs-1-4791430

Edited by superlichtie87

Martin is a cracking player. Can see him signing for Livi or St Mirren or someone like that. If he’d stayed at Hibs I’d have been more confident getting him on a loan deal. Can’t see it now though unfortunately. Hope he does well wherever he goes.