The Arbroath Thread

3 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Nice thought but won’t happen. Club will say it’s down to policing/stewarding and leave it as is

In fairness, we've done it before, given the away fans the corner of the terracing and only half the end enclosure.  But I agree with you. Most of the time, too nice.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

In fairness, we've done it before, given the away fans the corner of the terracing and only half the end enclosure.  But I agree with you. Most of the time, too nice.

When? Obviously when we won the league at home to Montrose that happened. But I’m scunnered if I can think of another occasion 

4 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

When? Obviously when we won the league at home to Montrose that happened. But I’m scunnered if I can think of another occasion 

Did we not do it for ICT in the playoff?  And I'm sure I mind a Morton game where we did similar.  

Also, last season, did we not limit Raith to just some of the end, separated by a couple lines of fences? We got 3 of the 4 corners.  I mind Raith fans trying to chuck bins over the segregation.

36 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

28 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Did we not do it for ICT in the playoff?  And I'm sure I mind a Morton game where we did similar.  

Also, last season, did we not limit Raith to just some of the end, separated by a couple lines of fences? We got 3 of the 4 corners.  I mind Raith fans trying to chuck bins over the segregation.

Hamilton last season as well. It was midweek. Think it was the 2-2 game we scored a very late penalty to get the point 

15 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Tomorrow is massive for us now. Practically safe with a win! 

Yep. Win tomorrow and it would require a monumental feck up from us plus Cove and/or Accies to suddenly find great form.

If Cove lose tomorrow even a draw at Raith would be ok for us. If Accies then lose on Tuesday v ICT then beating Cove next Saturday would be enough.

15 hours ago, timlichtie said:

The last few games I’ve felt that Dick knows his best starting eleven for the first time this season. Hetherington in for Hammy has been fairly seamless. If Adarkwa is fit and able to alternate with Hilson then I feel we have enough to see this season out. The playoffs give me the fear looking at the likely opposition. I’d love to avoid them.

All in our hands.

Hilson been good but I feel like we’re a much better team with Adarkwa however he’s clearly struggling fitness wise. Without him as a target man and someone to bring us up the park I feel like we are much less of a threat. Why I’d like to see Stewart and El Mhanni or Bobby on the wings and Balde/Dow and McKenna in the middle. 

All in our hands now though and we’ve got an experienced bunch of guys

Today could be one of they special days, especially considering how tough this seasons been. A win would be absolutely huge 

Boys got to be right up for it, we should have an edge. No matter what Ian Murray says sub consciously the players will know there’s not much on the line. That might help them and let them play with a bit of freedom mind you but if we get stuck right into them and be horrible hopefully we can grind 3 points out 

Balde so important today they’ve got a cracking midfield. Also now we know a win really should keep us safe I would like to see us go for it and start with El Mhanni or Bobby left. 

So, 3 games left and in our hands but committee, we need to squeeze every ounce out of the opposition in the remaining games, simply, Cove supporters must be put in the main stand, look at us away supporters punted to four corners of the ground to appease the opposition, well it stops now Arbroath virtually all over the ground, 12th man and all that, no Arbroath good guys, but time to be hard committee, town is proud, but even prouder if letting fans behind goals celebrate goals, “Smokies as one”.

1 hour ago, Broath Boy said:

So, 3 games left and in our hands but committee, we need to squeeze every ounce out of the opposition in the remaining games, simply, Cove supporters must be put in the main stand, look at us away supporters punted to four corners of the ground to appease the opposition, well it stops now Arbroath virtually all over the ground, 12th man and all that, no Arbroath good guys, but time to be hard committee, town is proud, but even prouder if letting fans behind goals celebrate goals, “Smokies as one”.

Completely agreed.  I'd let them have a corner at a push, but we need both goals and free movement.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

I don’t think we’ll ever see a player/captain as good as O’Brien again. He just never seems To break sweat and delivers time And time again when we need him. An absolute leader in every sense of the word

Captain….he’s the best

player….he couldn’t lace Bobbys adidas predators 

2 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

As has been Said earlier in this vert thread it’s a lovely thought but it won’t happen.  The board d won’t want to upset their friends in the league 

21 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

As has been Said earlier in this vert thread it’s a lovely thought but it won’t happen.  The board d won’t want to upset their friends in the league 

The same board who are a major reason why we are here? 

Some folk are never happy 

14 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Surely won’t be many of them to fill an away section. Aberdeen use to house small European teams in a quarter the main stand in European game when was only a few over 

On 15/04/2023 at 23:30, Anotherlichtie said:

Captain….he’s the best

player….he couldn’t lace Bobbys adidas predators 

Well they play different positions for a start, would fancy ToB to make a better winger than Bobby would centre half. Both incredible players. 

Best I’ve seen play for Arbroath is Nouble hands down then would have Bobby second