The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think it would purely open up a bigger pool and market of players to go for, that’s it.

Adarkwa on the latest S&W podcast said that he’d loved coming here, moving up here and being able to get away from it all and focussing on himself getting to the gym and doing extra sessions etc.  

Understand point in regards to other things and agree but I think it would just help to make the market of guys available to us much bigger. 

And aye Ford, Bakare, Corfe and Fosu total waste of time but Oakley, Adarkwa, El Mhanni and Banks especially it’s been worthwhile.

There's no denying it allows us to access players we couldn't have previously but so far, the experiment has been a net negative, IMO.

The way I see it, would we have been worse off (either on or off the pitch) if we used these resources to recruit other part-timers from the SPFL?

14 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

There's no denying it allows us to access players we couldn't have previously but so far, the experiment has been a net negative, IMO.

The way I see it, would we have been worse off (either on or off the pitch) if we used these resources to recruit other part-timers from the SPFL?

Agree.

I have no idea on the last part though, being up in this league for 4 years now it’s hard to know what’s out there part time wise.

Think there’ll definitely be guys out there as we have shown with Hetherington, Balde and Dow but it’s whether or not we are able to or in the position to go and get them. 

53 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I think he has shown enough to warrant another deal, I suspect he maybe wouldnt sign anyway due to lack of opportunities. He certainly hasnt been a dud like Ford, Bakare, Corfe and the other lad whos name escapes me.

Isiaka 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree.

I have no idea on the last part though, being up in this league for 4 years now it’s hard to know what’s out there part time wise.

Think there’ll definitely be guys out there as we have shown with Hetherington, Balde and Dow but it’s whether or not we are able to or in the position to go and get them. 

This is what Barry Sellars was brought in for. 

I think actually viewing players rather than a selectively edited youtube video from the Uzbeki league might reap better rewards.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Has El-Mhanni really been a success? He was terrific on his debut against Dundee but has been average at best since then. 

He looked good in some early games, but a bit lightweight in others.  I think the problem is that after Dick got a team that worked, the shape didnt really allow for Linn or el Mhanni, thus limiting his fame time.  I'd have no problems wirh him being given a new deal.

55 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

This is what Barry Sellars was brought in for. 

I think actually viewing players rather than a selectively edited youtube video from the Uzbeki league might reap better rewards.

Aye 100 percent. Looking forward to the summer and seeing what we do. Need to stay up first.

Also completely forgot Isiaka was a thing. 

On 19/04/2023 at 13:10, Lichteeeeee said:

The poster/roaster who clearly got it all right, is still here.

Did i really get to you, telling you there was dressing room unrest, and it appears to have been true :D

I havent went quiet at all, ive posted about 15 times in my life.

All i ever stated was that the signings at the start of the season (. Noubles mates ) were not good enough, most have since left.

4-5 folks who had signed new deals for this season, would ask to be released ( that happened ) 

And that the dressing room unrest was there, which has been evident given the shocking performances ( this happened )

Truth hurts eh

If that makes me a roaster/poster, while you sit their with your funny old haircut, and high cholesterol wondering why our team has turned to shit, and are boasting now that we have clawed our way to 8th, id suggest you take a look in the mirror

Please don't stay away so long in future,  honestly everyone loves a conspiracy theorist, delusional, feckwit. 

Edited by DUAFC

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree.

Hetherington is still full time at Falkirk. Balde was full time at Hibs before he came to us.

9 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Love to see Dowser back next season 

Dow and Balde both signed till end of next season. 

10 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

Hetherington is still full time at Falkirk. Balde was full time at Hibs before he came to us.

Good point. Suppose you completely forget the fact that full time players could also be interested in part time contracts. If Partick Thistle get promoted would hopefully have a chance of getting Dowds back.

22 hours ago, Smokerson said:

I think he has shown enough to warrant another deal, I suspect he maybe wouldnt sign anyway due to lack of opportunities. He certainly hasnt been a dud like Ford, Bakare, Corfe and the other lad whos name escapes me.

I would add komolafe and fosu to that, the latter seemed to get a contract because of 1 good strike v montrose in a friendly which is now obvious it was a total fluke.

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Yeah your right their....But if you don't buck up your ideas you may be joining us.

We win next week and we are safe in the championship. Something your club can only hope of dreaming of

Edited by lichtie23