3. Queens Park - 59

4. Ayr - 58

5. Inverness - 51 

6. Morton - 49

7. Raith - 44 

8. Cove Rangers - 37

9. Hamilton - 31 

10. Arbroath - 29

A real lack of entertainment and goals this year. Really pretty incredible. Think Dick might need to change his attitude in regards to team selections next year. Even when we were flying Liam Henderson and James Craigen left midfield still managed to do my nut in. 

Only Peterhead have scored less from the 42 clubs in the 4 leagues. 

After the season where we were top scorers in the league. 

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I don’t know if he would be interested but if Jack Hamilton is available then throw money at him. 

I think just about every team in the league would be after him. If we get good money for Dipo then he’d be my first choice to replace him. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I don’t know if he would be interested but if Jack Hamilton is available then throw money at him. 

Would love to see it but I imagine a long queue of full-time clubs will be a much more attractive proposition for him… if he becomes available.

Besides, there are 47 “strikers” plying their trade in the Acme Lawn Care and Gutter Cleaning League we haven’t tried yet.

If Adarkwa's able to sort his injury problems then I'd 100% be keeping him for next season. Can't imagine Hamilton would want part-time but it would be daft not to take a punt if he's available. Not sure Shanks would be up to the Championship just yet. I'd imagine Hilson will still be around next season. Realistically, if we're sticking with 1 up top, we need someone (at the very least) on the level of Adarkwa who brings something different and can actually score goals.

I'm actually quite gutted Komolafe is shite cause I thought signing him from Uzbekistan was great patter.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If Cove go down then we should try and see if that Luis Longstaff fancies it here. Gave us all sorts of problems over the 4 games. 

100% agree with this, the 1st game up at Cove he ripped us apart and on Saturday at Gayfield he caused us problems.

I would also go for Meggison as well.

There is no point in saying lower league strikers cannot make it like Hester, the lad at Stirling and Annan or even the young lad at Brechin City as my view is "IF" you get the service in the box a "natural" goalscorer with always score goals regardless how good you are as an actual player.

Just look at Dundee FC they have signed a young 21 year old striker from the bottom club Albion Rovers who has scored 23 goals this season for next season, if it does not work i am sure plenty of clubs will buy him off of Dundee FC so it is a "win-win" situation and worth a punt.

I like the look of Shanks but i would not have put him out to a struggling club like Peterhead i would have put him out to a team nearer the top of a league that was scoring goals (even in the 2nd Division).

The problem we have had we only played 1 forward up front this season, someone like Hilson or McKenna up front with Adarkwa would have worked imo.   

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

100% agree with this, the 1st game up at Cove he ripped us apart and on Saturday at Gayfield he caused us problems.

I would also go for Meggison as well.

There is no point in saying lower league strikers cannot make it like Hester, the lad at Stirling and Annan or even the young lad at Brechin City as my view is "IF" you get the service in the box a "natural" goalscorer with always score goals regardless how good you are as an actual player.

Just look at Dundee FC they have signed a young 21 year old striker from the bottom club Albion Rovers who has scored 23 goals this season for next season, if it does not work i am sure plenty of clubs will buy him off of Dundee FC so it is a "win-win" situation and worth a punt.

I like the look of Shanks but i would not have put him out to a struggling club like Peterhead i would have put him out to a team nearer the top of a league that was scoring goals (even in the 2nd Division).

The problem we have had we only played 1 forward up front this season, someone like Hilson or McKenna up front with Adarkwa would have worked imo.   

Pretty sure Shanks went to Peterhead as he stays in Aberdeen

Scott Allan supposedly a target for East Kilbride next season. What an underwhelming signing he will have turned out to be but this year with the way we play and the way he plays it was never ever going to work and should free up a decent chunk of wages. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Scott Allan supposedly a target for East Kilbride next season. What an underwhelming signing he will have turned out to be but this year with the way we play and the way he plays it was never ever going to work and should free up a decent chunk of wages. 

I would keep him.  Why would we let him go?  He has got to have more of a role next season!  The way we play has nearly got us relegated.  We need a calmer presence in the midfield.  Since coming back into contention, his cameos have shown us what we are missing.  

Scott Allan is a luxury player we do not need. Big wages, doesn’t do the dirty work and we don’t have the personnel to suit his style and do you think DC is likely to sign them players? I don’t think so best for all party’s to move we could easily get 2/3 decent players in with his apparent wage. No brainer for me 

7 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I would keep him.  Why would we let him go?  He has got to have more of a role next season!  The way we play has nearly got us relegated.  We need a calmer presence in the midfield.  Since coming back into contention, his cameos have shown us what we are missing.  

If he could find his form he is exactly the kind of player that we need in midfield, someone that can find a pass and create we have nobody like that. 

42 minutes ago, keptie said:

If he could find his form he is exactly the kind of player that we need in midfield, someone that can find a pass and create we have nobody like that. 

There are so many factors working against Scott. He’s clearly a quality player who can unlock a defence with a killer pass. He needs to be in a settled team with attackers who can make forward runs for him. Pretty well every game this year has been a dogged midfield battle without much creativity in attack. If Dick can improve the top end of the team then Scott could make the difference to our scoring rate. It’s a big ask.

Edited by timlichtie

1 hour ago, timlichtie said:

There are so many factors working against Scott. He’s clearly a quality player who can unlock a defence with a killer pass. He needs to be in a settled team with attackers who can make forward runs for him. Pretty well every game this year has been a dogged midfield battle without much creativity in attack. If Dick can improve the top end of the team then Scott could make the difference to our scoring rate. It’s a big ask.

This 🇱🇻🔥⚽

Scott Allan is an incredible player and one we are very lucky to have, His talent and ability speak for itself and I just think as mentioned above too many things have went against him this season that have been out of his control and I fully expect to see the best of him next season, Mind he signed a 2 year deal so next season will be the one to properly judge him. Get a brilliant pre season behind him and our priority has to be strengthening the forward line and I am sure it will all come together.

The foundation of a DC team has always been built around a solid defense and a hard working team that battles and gets stuck in for 90 minutes but still with enough quality and creative flair players to excite in the forward areas which sadly we haven’t had this season but I am fully confident that will have learned from this seasons mistakes and have that fully addressed for next season 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

43 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

It’s hard to see him succeed in a DC team. A decent target man like Dowds or Hamilton would serve us much better.

Why not both? Allan and Dowds/Hamilton. We still desperately need a creative force in midfield.

Edited by keptie

39 minutes ago, keptie said:

Why not both? Allan and Dowds/Hamilton. We still desperately need a creative force in midfield.

Nono, that will never work.  Apparently we need to suck all the remaining creativity out of our squad, and to replace them with more grafters and some big men to chase long balls.  Excellent stuff.

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Nono, that will never work.  Apparently we need to suck all the remaining creativity out of our squad, and to replace them with more grafters and some big men to chase long balls.  Excellent stuff.

Oft like the sarcasm....But seriously the idea that a good footballer can't play in our team i find a bit strange tbh.