The Arbroath Thread

8 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Injury prone his whole career. Started his career at Aberdeen and was highly regarded, scored a penalty in their league cup win in 2013. Went to Dundee after and then various clubs slowly dropping down the leagues, ending up at Shire before we resuscitated his career.

Cracking player for us and I like to think he would have been the difference in 21/22 if he’d staying injury free for the whole season.

Sad how it ended for him with us.

He was absolutely a difference maker for us. It was so sad he screwed up and decided to leave us how he did. A real star. 

Ali Adams deleted his tweet but the damage already done. Fucking idiot. Cannot believe you’ve got Arbroath fans supporting him when he’s actively going out of his way to try harm the club and give us a bad reputation. 

After thinking about it it’ll probably have to be addressed because there’s no way they could announce the results of the awards nights without doing that because every Tom, Dick and Harry will be all over the post about the goal of the season award hammering the club. 

You can say whatever you want about how things have gone on the park or maybe not agree with the decisions being made off of it but there are plenty of good people in Arbroath and running the club who put a lot of work in and it’s not fair.

Got warned by numerous people when he signed that he was bad news, I actually thought he had every right to be annoyed at not keeping his spot but his behaviour since online has got completely embarrassing.  

I don’t see any other solution, aside from not announcing who has won the awards but you cannot run hiding and not publicly congratulate players who have won awards in fear of a big fud.

Really annoyed me this. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

41 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ali Adams deleted his tweet but the damage already done. Fucking idiot. Cannot believe you’ve got Arbroath fans supporting him when he’s actively going out of his way to try harm the club and give us a bad reputation. 

After thinking about it it’ll probably have to be addressed because there’s no way they could announce the results of the awards nights without doing that because every Tom, Dick and Harry will be all over the post about the goal of the season award hammering the club. 

You can say whatever you want about how things have gone on the park or maybe not agree with the decisions being made off of it but there are plenty of good people in Arbroath and running the club who put a lot of work in and it’s not fair.

Got warned by numerous people when he signed that he was bad news, I actually thought he had every right to be annoyed at not keeping his spot but his behaviour since online has got completely embarrassing.  

I don’t see any other solution, aside from not announcing who has won the awards but you cannot run hiding and not publicly congratulate players who have won awards in fear of a big fud.

Really annoyed me this. 

Someone was obviously sending him pictures of what was going on,

I can't believe in such a short time we have went from having a good name on and off the park and good reputation with players and fans to this,

Can't wait for this season to be over 

What if Adams was invited by the club and just not chose to go cause he’s a Fanny. And then post about it bad lighting the club that would not surprise me with him. Sell his wee shity false story for a few quid 

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Someone was obviously sending him pictures of what was going on,

I can't believe in such a short time we have went from having a good name on and off the park and good reputation with players and fans to this,

Can't wait for this season to be over 

Absolutely depressing. I’m hoping this is the last dregs of it all coming out at the moment

I don’t want any negativity carrying over into next season again we’ve had more than our fair share of it. When results on the park go well it does so much to stop all of it. 

Right now because a lot of people don’t like McIntyre they’re happy to jump on anything that makes the club look bad because they’ve got their own personal vandetta about not having their own way in regard to the manager. 

Still supposed to be Arbroath fans at the end of the day and I think if you are you should know we’re a club with a lot of good people in and around it and you shouldn’t be turning on your own to take the side of a guy who’s had a long career of being a roaster everywhere he’s been. 

Self destruct mode from some.

In my opinion the best way to go about all of this is to write off this season completely, then next season if you don’t want to back the club because you don’t like McIntyre then that’s your own choice. Do not buy a season ticket or don’t go but refrain from ramming negativity down everyone else’s throats who want to go into next season in a positive manner cause they’re sick fed up of the way it’s been the last 2 seasons. 

Let people get excited for the new season and about any new signings. We have a goal for next season, it’s been stated as top 4 - I think going by our early business and squad we’ve got signed up for next season that is a perfectly reasonable goal. 

if we are falling short of that and it’s apparently clear then it’s been made clear that that will be that. McIntyre has had his chance after he has been backed and he’s not taken it. Out the door and onto the next one. 

In my opinion - I realise football fans are not like this but the pitchforks are well and truly out and it’s getting a bit too much now

As Iv said before this was an awards evening/dinner that wasn’t advertised to supporters and given to sponsors. That needs to be addressed as well. For all the good people at the club they certainly don’t help themselves with these decisions.

I said a few months back I won’t be purchasing a season ticket for the 24/25 season but let’s be honest il change my mind before the start of the season. Arbroath is like an addiction and I’m a junkie 

There are a lot of things wrong at the moment but 100% back the club on the Ali Adams issue, looks like the guy is a complete and utter balloon. We cant exactly release a statement saying a player wasn't invited to the awards night due to being a fanny. 

25 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

There are a lot of things wrong at the moment but 100% back the club on the Ali Adams issue, looks like the guy is a complete and utter balloon. We cant exactly release a statement saying a player wasn't invited to the awards night due to being a fanny. 

How can you back the club when you have no idea what the club's position even is?  They haven't said a word.  People say he refused to train, but as pointed out, surely he would then be in breach of contract and so could be released?  Some stories of him reacting badly to being frozen out, but of course, these are some of the same people who said Hamilton was 100% away to East Fife in the summer.

It could be cleared up very easily.  If we knew the club's side, then we could easily find out the truth of the matter.  Until then, we have nothing to go on except some mutterings of Adams being a "lunatic".  I'd be happy to back the club, if I knew what their reasoning was.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Joking aside, I wonder how many clubs have policies about social media use for their employees, and what if anything they do to enforce these policies - after all Adams isn't the first Arbroath player to be openly undermining the club on social media this season.  The atmosphere around a club in a relegation season is seldom pleasant, but all this stuff added to players fighting on the pitch and squabbling over penalties just makes the place seem like an utter shambles full of people who don't want to be there.

Hope you guys get this sorted out and are able to draw a line under this season.

54 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Joking aside, I wonder how many clubs have policies about social media use for their employees, and what if anything they do to enforce these policies - after all Adams isn't the first Arbroath player to be openly undermining the club on social media this season.  The atmosphere around a club in a relegation season is seldom pleasant, but all this stuff added to players fighting on the pitch and squabbling over penalties just makes the place seem like an utter shambles full of people who don't want to be there.

Hope you guys get this sorted out and are able to draw a line under this season.

Add in the ridiculous level of injuries 

I don’t think it could possibly have been any more of a shit show, it is bordering on absurd how bad a year it’s been. Completely ridiculous 

There is a good start to the guys that will be in and around the club next season so fingers crossed 

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

How can you back the club when you have no idea what the club's position even is?  They haven't said a word.  People say he refused to train, but as pointed out, surely he would then be in breach of contract and so could be released?  Some stories of him reacting badly to being frozen out, but of course, these are some of the same people who said Hamilton was 100% away to East Fife in the summer.

It could be cleared up very easily.  If we knew the club's side, then we could easily find out the truth of the matter.  Until then, we have nothing to go on except some mutterings of Adams being a "lunatic".  I'd be happy to back the club, if I knew what their reasoning was.

Awww give it a rest - you don’t need to know the clubs position to know that all his social media antics are out of order and unprofessional!!! Ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Ali Adams himself knows it, he’s deleted it, yet you’re still banging on trying to be a judge.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

This is Adams putting himself in the shop window trying to get a new club. Apart from the wonder goal, no club would've taken much notice of him before or since that game at Raith. An attention seeker with many bad pro qualities by the looks of it. Be surprised if he's at a club in the SPFL next season. 

Slightly off topic but he’s ruined enough of our games over the last couple of years, great to see Craig Napier getting called out by Motherwell players/management for being the little p***k that he is. Him and Colin Steven are 2 referees who I automatically assume will make the game worse with their officiating. 

17 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Slightly off topic but he’s ruined enough of our games over the last couple of years, great to see Craig Napier getting called out by Motherwell players/management for being the little p***k that he is. Him and Colin Steven are 2 referees who I automatically assume will make the game worse with their officiating. 

Awful awful referee. I mind him sending Ricky off at Hamilton a couple of years back as well. Even barring red cards his game management is awful.

So far, the allegations (which I’ve no reason to doubt) are that Ali Adams: 

• picks and chooses when he wants to turn up for training
  • Is disruptive when dropped from the team.
  • Doesn’t listen to managers instructions.

Is that about right? If so, being told to stay away from the club/team seems perfectly reasonable tbh. Regardless of whether you think the replacement in Boruc is any better (and I’d be willing to bet he’ll have a better career than Adams), you can’t be having that.