The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I would gladly accepted a wee b*****d that is happy to get stuck in, win the ball and lay it off to smeone else and protect the defence.

Absolutely. We desperately need a Nicky Low or Ryan McCord type in the midfield. We now have some forwards but no creativity.

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Your reaction to that game yesterday shows that you don’t look very interested in letting McIntyre try turn this around, we are a team that’s been relegated, playing for nothing and with over half the team yesterday away at the end of the season and you’re saying the buck stops with McIntyre for players making simple basic defensive mistakes and demanding for him to be sacked

Really does not look like you want McIntyre to turn it around to be completely honest 

Yesterday 100% individual errors cost us,

But McIntyre gives of no vibes or nothing to suggest he can turn things around, 

My frustrations yesterday were with the team selection, if it's a dead game for us why are we not playing the likes of Gaston who could be a great goalie for us next year, Why not give Lyon a game In midfield over McKinnon, What is the point in bringing on Bird when the game is dead? Wouldn't of had any of the loan players near the team yesterday, 

Then at the end he couldn't of gotten up the tunnel any quicker, there was a very decent crowd yesterday for last game of season, we were absolutely humped yet the fans still stuck around at end and there was zero appreciation apart from a couple of players, 

There is zero connection between McIntyre and fans, he really needs to work on that side of things and maybe he will get a bit more understanding and time from fans,

Just now, lichtiekev said:

Yesterday 100% individual errors cost us,

But McIntyre gives of no vibes or nothing to suggest he can turn things around, 

My frustrations yesterday were with the team selection, if it's a dead game for us why are we not playing the likes of Gaston who could be a great goalie for us next year, Why not give Lyon a game In midfield over McKinnon, What is the point in bringing on Bird when the game is dead? Wouldn't of had any of the loan players near the team yesterday, 

Then at the end he couldn't of gotten up the tunnel any quicker, there was a very decent crowd yesterday for last game of season, we were absolutely humped yet the fans still stuck around at end and there was zero appreciation apart from a couple of players, 

There is zero connection between McIntyre and fans, he really needs to work on that side of things and maybe he will get a bit more understanding and time from fans,

Absolutely agree with all of this 

Think it’s looking like Gaston won’t be our keeper next season so that’s probably why. Probably won’t have Lyon here either considering the lack of minutes he’s had 

On Bird I’ve heard that his attitude is not great which would explain that. Also definitely be away

If he had the chance I’m quite sure McIntyre would’ve quite happily have just not had these games to play 

We’ve not been relegated in a long time or had all these issues to deal with 

Also see on the engaging with fans comments 

I do agree he should make more of an effort - but see the position he’s in and the teams in, and this was true when Dick left too

Going over to and making an effort with the fans, when some are giving him absolute dogs abuse ( I get that’s part of football ) is so much easier said than done 

Look at what happened when Dick come over to the fans towards the end of his reign… if things aren’t good on the park the manager doing that is asking for trouble 

29 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Absolutely. We desperately need a Nicky Low or Ryan McCord type in the midfield. We now have some forwards but no creativity.

Nicky Low a very underrated  player. Where is he now? Thought he could play at a higher level but was injury prone I think…..

16 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Nicky Low a very underrated  player. Where is he now? Thought he could play at a higher level but was injury prone I think…..

I watched Nicky a few weeks back. He was playing for Clydebank against Beith. Still has a wand of a left foot.

Like the Dick spitgate, the club is refusing to respond. By responding it gives the muppet even more attention.

He can tweet and say all he wants but most people know the guy is a fud.

23 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Injury prone his whole career. Started his career at Aberdeen and was highly regarded, scored a penalty in their league cup win in 2013. Went to Dundee after and then various clubs slowly dropping down the leagues, ending up at Shire before we resuscitated his career.

Cracking player for us and I like to think he would have been the difference in 21/22 if he’d staying injury free for the whole season.

Sad how it ended for him with us.

Tbf it is quite funny that they didn’t invite (I’m guessing for reasons listed above) but were auctioning off that item and the fact he won an award. 

38 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Really think we should put out a statement about Adams situation. His tweets got 150k views on twitter and rising quickly. 

Seen this on twitter early? What’s the back story? Has he done a Mcallister and booked a holiday  during the season?  

On This Day in 2001 we beat Berwick Rangers 2-0 at Gayfield to secure promotion from the Second Division, with John Cusick and Jim Mercer scoring our goals

We recently got our hands on a full 30 minutes of footage from the game, and the celebrations, which is now live on our YouTube channel!

Edited by SimonLichtie

8 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

On This Day in 2001 we beat Berwick Rangers 2-0 at Gayfield to secure promotion from the Second Division, with John Cusick and Jim Mercer scoring our goals

We recently got our hands on a full 30 minutes of footage from the game, and the celebrations, which is now live on our YouTube channel!

Great memories mate 

46 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Like the Dick spitgate, the club is refusing to respond. By responding it gives the muppet even more attention.

He can tweet and say all he wants but most people know the guy is a fud.

So far, I've heard nothing.  When Boruc was signed, people on here said that Adams would get his chance.  After a few weeks, the view was that Boruc was a better class of keeper, and now theres lots of "he knows what he did" from certain fans, who apparently know all, but refuse to say a word when asked.

Those of us who aren't claiming to be in the know don't have a clue why Adams went from being hailed as a hero one week to frozen out the next, so of course Adam's  side of the story is gaining traction.

26 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Seen this on twitter early? What’s the back story? Has he done a Mcallister and booked a holiday  during the season?  

Adams basically does as he pleases and can get himself to f**k with his grievance mongering tweets

47 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Great memories mate 

That was a team with a desire to win that game, something the present team and management see to lack. 

The crowd was more than we get now, can't remember the Bristol branch of AFC supporters club but do remember the Leeds and Belfast branches. 

I could have sworn that Jim Mercer's goal came directly from the cross from Kevin Heenan on the right, and that there wasn't a soul within 5 or 6 metres of him.

First time I've seen that film - well done Simon.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So far, I've heard nothing.  When Boruc was signed, people on here said that Adams would get his chance.  After a few weeks, the view was that Boruc was a better class of keeper, and now theres lots of "he knows what he did" from certain fans, who apparently know all, but refuse to say a word when asked.

Those of us who aren't claiming to be in the know don't have a clue why Adams went from being hailed as a hero one week to frozen out the next, so of course Adam's  side of the story is gaining traction.

Well not a soul asked about Adams during the Meet the Gaffer night.

If they did then they would have completely understood the reasons for him being told to stay away.

10 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Well not a soul asked about Adams during the Meet the Gaffer night.

If they did then they would have completely understood the reasons for him being told to stay away.

Several others have asked on here.  I'm asking now.  What did Ali Adams do to be frozen out of the club?