The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

How can you back the club when you have no idea what the club's position even is?  They haven't said a word.  People say he refused to train, but as pointed out, surely he would then be in breach of contract and so could be released?  Some stories of him reacting badly to being frozen out, but of course, these are some of the same people who said Hamilton was 100% away to East Fife in the summer.

It could be cleared up very easily.  If we knew the club's side, then we could easily find out the truth of the matter.  Until then, we have nothing to go on except some mutterings of Adams being a "lunatic".  I'd be happy to back the club, if I knew what their reasoning was.

Come on now.

The guy is quite clearly a trouble maker, you can tell by his online persona that he has a screw loose. The club cant be putting out statements on every issue under the sun. Players move on all the time, his hissy fits on twitter (which most of them he deletes) shows his unprofessionalism and why he has never quite reached this level before. its quite obvious what has happened here, I am not sure what you want the club to put out there to clear it up??

33 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Come on now.

The guy is quite clearly a trouble maker, you can tell by his online persona that he has a screw loose. 

Oh, well say no more.  I didnt realise we went with the "he looks guilty of something" standard of evidence.  

I apologise for wanting to see some actual facts before coming to a conclusion.

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Oh, well say no more.  I didnt realise we went with the "he looks guilty of something" standard of evidence.  

I apologise for wanting to see some actual facts before coming to a conclusion.

😂

Let’s hear it then, what do you think could’ve happened here? 

Do you think we are a club full of horrible people who would treat a player that unfairly we would not even let them come and attend to pick up their goal of the season award for no reason?

Do you think other players would stand for that? 

What’s this evidence you are requiring here?

2 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Slightly off topic but he’s ruined enough of our games over the last couple of years, great to see Craig Napier getting called out by Motherwell players/management for being the little p***k that he is. Him and Colin Steven are 2 referees who I automatically assume will make the game worse with their officiating. 

Whilst I agree he is a poor official.

Kettlewell has lost the run of himself over this. Claims that Napier sprints over to give the red card when he clearly calmly walks over. Claims anyone who has played the game would have given a yellow, when Napier has played football. Also claims he was dishing out cards all game, when only 3 cards were given.

By all means criticise the referee but at least keep it legitimate and honest. It was also clearly a red card.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Kettlewell has lost the run of himself over this. Claims that Napier sprints over to give the red card when he clearly calmly walks over. Claims anyone who has played the game would have given a yellow, when Napier has played football. Also claims he was dishing out cards all game, when only 3 cards were given.

By all means criticise the referee but at least keep it legitimate and honest. It was also clearly a red card.

In games Napier has been involved with us im pretty sure he’s done exactly that sprinted over to dish out a card which colour it is pretty sure littles red was rightly overturned.  Boys craves being the centre of attention utterly hopeless 

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

😂

Let’s hear it then, what do you think could’ve happened here? 

What’s this evidence you are requiring here?

How about *any* evidence?   So far all we have is "refused to train after being told to find a new club". 

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

How about *any* evidence?   So far all we have is "refused to train after being told to find a new club". 

😂

Ok mate 

You are only doing this because you don’t like the manager. It’s as clear as day.

Away and support Ali Adams next season 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

😂

Ok mate 

You are only doing this because you don’t like the manager. It’s as clear as day.

He is Ali Adams

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

😂

Ok mate 

I don't have anything personal against McIntyre, I dont think its his fault we were relegated.  When he inevitably resigns, Ill wish him the best. 

But I have a bit of an issue when a guy who gave us our best moment of a season and became an international sensation is first frozen out, and then banned from an awards ceremony where he won an award and the club auctioned off a signed shirt, all for seemingly no other reason than rumours that he refused to train when told to find a new club, and because "he's Ali Adams".

Oh, and then some of our fans complain that others keep going on about Adams and are making the club look bad.

Its nothing to do with McIntyre. But I would like to know the story before I rush to judgement.  I'm sure the club have their reasons, I'd like to know what they are.

The club can't discuss an employee in public without consent. Whatever the reasons are it is between him and his employers and there has to be confidentiality around any disciplinary matters. 

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:

The club can't discuss an employee in public without consent. Whatever the reasons are it is between him and his employers and there has to be confidentiality around any disciplinary matters. 

Same with Nicky Low ? 

Peace and quiet on our web site. No point in having it , no new news !

Think it’s worth pointing out that refusing to train and having convenient ambiguous reasons for not training are different things, it’ll be extremely unlikely a player will refuse to train, far more likely to have a knock here and there when it suits. 

The club probably can’t be arsed with any contract dispute when you can just let it run down and forget the whole thing anyway. 

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Don’t disagree with you here, was mostly referring to Liam Kelly’s interview where he talks about Napiers arrogance.

38 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

Think it’s worth pointing out that refusing to train and having convenient ambiguous reasons for not training are different things, it’ll be extremely unlikely a player will refuse to train, far more likely to have a knock here and there when it suits. 

The club probably can’t be arsed with any contract dispute when you can just let it run down and forget the whole thing anyway. 

Saturday can’t come quick enough 

Can forget about this situation and the rest of this miserable season 

Cannot believe we’ve had to deal with numerous pumpings and 2 wins in about 5 months and just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse the subbies subbie goalie starts acting like a 15 year old Ned on his socials throwing dirt our way for all the dafties to lap up and stick the boot in

Last time we were relegated from the 2nd Tier, 2002/03, we finished on 3 wins 6 draws and 27 losses. Scored 30 and conceded 77. 15 points in totals. And also papped out of all 3 cups at the first game.

We had a 10 game (11 including Rangers in Scot Cup) losing streak.

And our lowest attendance home game that season was 381 against Ayr on Tuesday November 5th.

At least we have not had as bad a season as that one.

10 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Last time we were relegated from the 2nd Tier, 2002/03, we finished on 3 wins 6 draws and 27 losses. Scored 30 and conceded 77. 15 points in totals. And also papped out of all 3 cups at the first game.

We had a 10 game (11 including Rangers in Scot Cup) losing streak.

And our lowest attendance home game that season was 381 against Ayr on Tuesday November 5th.

At least we have not had as bad a season as that one.

Uptake on season tickets & crowds next season will be interesting. 

11 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Not trying to portion blame on Boruc here, but 36 goals have been conceded during his 11 + 1 sub appearances. Constant chopping and changing of the defence has contributed to our demise.

The scary thing is if Boruc hadn't been superb the past 4-6 weeks it'd probably have been 50 in that space of time. In his 12 games, I don't think he's played behind the same back line for two games in a row. He's got some obvious deficiences in his game but I think he'll make a good enough career out of the game.