The Arbroath Thread

Watched the highlights of yesterdays game. Though they scored some cracking goals we did ourselves no favours for any off them.

1st goal. Ball bouncing around in the box but we have bodies back. Gold has slotted into CB as Little has gone out wide to challnge for ball. Dow can be seen getting back to and goes into the box running past 2 QP players at the edge. If he stays at the edge then he would have been in a position to stop the shot or got the ball.

2nd goal. Little 3/4 yards behind Steele and Teale (cant see Delaney) and player makes run. Simple ball, Little plays him on and Teale chasing QP player and its a goal.

3rd goal. Steele makes a hash of it. Let it bounce and caught out. Little and co just jogging back expecting Steele to deal with it. Once he fucks up no on is position to defend properly.

4th goal. Free kick into box that no one seems to attack. QP boy brings it down, turns and blasts it in.

5th goal. Easy ball down the right. Ball passed to edge of box and Slater misjudges his attempt to get the ball. Looks like he will get it but seemingly backs out at then decides to go for it at last second and misses it. QP player controls, plenty of space and curls in a perfect shot.

5 goals that are caused by players just not turning up. Individual mistakes that have been happening throughout the season. Players with no confidence and switching off.

36 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Ali Adams is extremely good at writing his own truth and missing out vital bits of information.... i.e. the things he did, and knows he did, wrong.

Easy option for him when so many will lap it up seeing as he’s an enemy of Jim.

48 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

😬

IMG_2693.jpeg

I would say that judging by the fact that it is Ali Adams that he is far from blameless in this situation. An absolute banger who has been chased from every club he’s been at.

3 minutes ago, Basile Boli said:

I would say that judging by the fact that it is Ali Adams that he is far from blameless in this situation. An absolute banger who has been chased from every club he’s been at.

Obvious to anyone with half a brain cell. Unfortunately some fans would believe Ali Adams if he told them the moon was made of cheese.

3 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Obvious to anyone with half a brain cell. Unfortunately some fans would believe Ali Adams if he told them the moon was made of cheese.

I quite liked him but this is becoming a bit embarrassing now. It’s one side of the story and very bitter and done for the sole purpose of lapping up attention and undeserved sympathy.

I mean the fact that he has done so well when he’s been on the park and scored that goal too - but has now been frozen out - kind of shows just how bad the off the park stuff has been with him if anything. If it was just down to all his on the park performances the manager would be dying to keep him around and in the squad

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Watched the highlights of yesterdays game. Though they scored some cracking goals we did ourselves no favours for any off them.

1st goal. Ball bouncing around in the box but we have bodies back. Gold has slotted into CB as Little has gone out wide to challnge for ball. Dow can be seen getting back to and goes into the box running past 2 QP players at the edge. If he stays at the edge then he would have been in a position to stop the shot or got the ball.

2nd goal. Little 3/4 yards behind Steele and Teale (cant see Delaney) and player makes run. Simple ball, Little plays him on and Teale chasing QP player and its a goal.

3rd goal. Steele makes a hash of it. Let it bounce and caught out. Little and co just jogging back expecting Steele to deal with it. Once he fucks up no on is position to defend properly.

4th goal. Free kick into box that no one seems to attack. QP boy brings it down, turns and blasts it in.

5th goal. Easy ball down the right. Ball passed to edge of box and Slater misjudges his attempt to get the ball. Looks like he will get it but seemingly backs out at then decides to go for it at last second and misses it. QP player controls, plenty of space and curls in a perfect shot.

5 goals that are caused by players just not turning up. Individual mistakes that have been happening throughout the season. Players with no confidence and switching off.

I can tell from your analysis who's fault it is we conceded those 5 goals.

JIM MCINTYRE 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm not exactly a fan of him staying but with all the 💩 he's getting, I really hope he can prove the doubters wrong and get us challenging for top 4 next season.

Needs to be targeting that hard b*****d of a midfielder we've been lacking for so long.

13 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

JIM MCINTYRE 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm not exactly a fan of him staying but with all the 💩 he's getting, I really hope he can prove the doubters wrong and get us challenging for top 4 next season.

Needs to be targeting that hard b*****d of a midfielder we've been lacking for so long.

I would gladly accepted a wee b*****d that is happy to get stuck in, win the ball and lay it off to smeone else and protect the defence.

2 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I actually feel quite bad for slagging Teale for the first, but he absolutely could have lumped it instead of the wee shitey volley he did to the edge of the box where Sheridan knocked it down to Thomas. It’s an unbelievable finish

The second is a ball over the top

The third basically sums up the second and the entire shit show at the moment, our player should’ve been well in control of the situation as he was clearly on the right side of the ball and should’ve easily gotten to it first. To lose a goal from that position is inexcusable, just so lacklustre and I would go as far as saying unprofessional. Something that happens in amateur football 

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

JIM MCINTYRE 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Of course it’s his fault - who else do you blame for us getting pumped every week. He’s responsible for signing players, training, motivation, tactics etc etc.

Of course he can’t be literally blamed for every single player error but the bigger picture yes.

The buck stops with the manager, that’s universal.

Also would be good if Arbroath called out Ali Adams for talking absolute pish. 

It is gaining some traction online now. He is like the last signs of Dicks shambles hanging over us in human form 

12 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Of course it’s his fault - who else do you blame for us getting pumped every week. He’s responsible for signing players, training, motivation, tactics etc etc.

Of course he can’t be literally blamed for every single player error but the bigger picture yes.

The buck stops with the manager, that’s universal.

So the players are robots programmed by Jim and are excused of being able to think and act for themselves. 

These past 2 years of supporting Arbroath has seriously screwed your thinking.

Players and management both to blame. Basic fucking errors every week from players. But team selections not playing your best players, team shape 3 at the back, playing a stupid high line plus many other things from manager. In match management from both players and manager. Whole list of things which haven’t improved from dick tbh. Glad I don’t need to watch another game this season very fucking painful 

30 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

So the players are robots programmed by Jim and are excused of being able to think and act for themselves. 

These past 2 years of supporting Arbroath has seriously screwed your thinking.

Nah you’re right, a record of:

P23 W2 D5 L16 F19 A59 pts11

8.5% win rate

Can be completely blamed on individual player error and has nothing to do with the manager.

Quite simply - every team, at every level, in every league, in every country - it’s the manager who is held responsible for results and performances. You cannot break every game and every goal down to minute individual error and use those as an excuse to defend stats like those above.

Of course every team has an off day and many factors can contribute to that, including individual error but a constantly underperforming team is the managers fault.

Having said all that, like Campbell before, I genuinely really do want McIntyre to turn this round. Unfortunately I just can’t see a single thing to make me think that that will happen.

Edited by Tattie36

3 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

😬

IMG_2693.jpeg

Dear Mr Adams,

I think the item you claim to be "ma thing" is in fact a goalkeeper shirt owned by Arbroath Football Club. 

May we suggest that your post perhaps says rather more about you than anyone else, and may not be enhancing your chances of future employment. 

Yours etc

29 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Nah you’re right, a record of:

P23 W2 D5 L16 F19 A59 pts11

8.5% win rate

Can be completely blamed on individual player error and has nothing to do with the manager.

Quite simply - every team, at every level, in every league, in every country - it’s the manager who is held responsible for results and performances. You cannot break every game and every goal down to minute individual error and use those as an excuse to defend stats like those above.

Of course every team has an off day and many factors can contribute to that, including individual error but a constantly underperforming team is the managers fault.

Having said all that, like Campbell before, I genuinely really do want McIntyre to turn this round. Unfortunately I just can’t see a single thing to make me think that that will happen.

Your reaction to that game yesterday shows that you don’t look very interested in letting McIntyre try turn this around, we are a team that’s been relegated, playing for nothing and with over half the team yesterday away at the end of the season and you’re saying the buck stops with McIntyre for players making simple basic defensive mistakes and demanding for him to be sacked

Really does not look like you want McIntyre to turn it around to be completely honest 

Afternoon all. a few things 

1- Regarding yesterday’s game. I don’t think we should look to much into that. It’s a team of players already checked out with many of them not going to be at the club next season. I still see effort which is good but we just lack any quality. 

2- Regarding the awards ceremony. I see this wasn’t advertised meaning the tables were given to sponsors or the usual board room crowd. I find that completely unacceptable. Those nights should be for the “supporters” and them only. This clearly shows how disengaged the club are with the true supporter. And I fear that they will not be able to have that connection again.