The Arbroath Thread

I thought we competed well for the first hour but had absolutely no goal threat. It’s impossible to win games without a goalscorer.

if Gold and Dow are fit then we need to revert to the team that did well earlier this year. Hamilton will be well up for it. I fancy Morton to get a result at Cove and miraculously salvage this dire season.

3 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I thought we competed well for the first hour but had absolutely no goal threat. It’s impossible to win games without a goalscorer.

if Gold and Dow are fit then we need to revert to the team that did well earlier this year. Hamilton will be well up for it. I fancy Morton to get a result at Cove and miraculously salvage this dire season.

We didn’t compete at all 

5 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

It’s impossible to win games without a goalscorer.

This has been the problem since the start of the season - we don't have any championship level strikers and we will go into what I hope will be our final game of the season without one.

Our man goal threat is from set pieces - we are firing blanks upfront.

All games in this league are so unpredictable - anything can happen next week.

Hopefully a big crowd next week, combined with Dow and Gold returning and an inspired performance will get us over the line - but this won't be an easy game and Morton also have a tough match against Cove.

Too close to call for both the top and bottom of the league. 

So basically:

Win by any score and we are safe in 8th.

Draw and Cove Rangers win by less than 19 clear goals, and we are safe in 8th.

Lose by less than 7 clear goals and Cove Rangers win by any score, we go into the play-offs in 9th.

Lose by more than 7 clear goals and Cove Rangers win by any score, we finish 10th.

Edited by danlichtie

29 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

What game were you watching mate?

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

All hope on morton,

Actually petrified of what team and tactics will be put out next week, 

This season has been an absolute joke and some of the signings and performances would of got a lot of other managers sacked,

The management team and players owe every single fan a performance next week 

Agree 100 % with all of these points. 

We need to totally back the club  to the end of the season regardless, then take stock.

40 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

The thing is, we’ve seen in the last 2 games how desperately and effectively Cove can defend. Get a goal v Morton and they will hang on for dear life.

We HAVE to go out to win.

Totally agree, oddly I can see morton being the toughest of the three for Cove, its a different type of pressure punting for a play off place that out and out championships or relegation and I'm sure Morton will recognise how critical pushing on early is 

It’s important to remember that Hamilton are absolute fucking rancid. If we can’t get a point at home to them , we deserve all we get

All very well cove grinding out o-o draws. They’ll have to open up and try and beat Morton next week, something they’ve not done for months. Think we will be ok

50 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

What game were you watching mate?

He was watching the same game as I was watching - nothing much between the two teams for the first 60 mins and Thistle were fortunate to take the lead before half time - Thistle started to improve in the last 30 mins, they were worthy of their win, but perhaps this has more to do with us not having a striker than anything else.

4 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

He was watching the same game as I was watching - nothing much between the two teams for the first 60 mins and Thistle were fortunate to take the lead before half time - Thistle started to improve in the last 30 mins, they were worthy of their win, but perhaps this has more to do with us not having a striker than anything else.

Well the Partick fans seem to think they could have won 4 or 5-0 if it wasn’t for Gaston and we had 2 attempts (1 on target) all game.

Admittedly I wasn’t there but judging by the match stats and what I’ve read, it was a comfortable win for Thistle.

7 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Give me some of whatever you’re smoking you’re obviously on the fucking moon. We were never in that game.

We may still stay up but we really don’t deserve to.

6 wins, 29 goals, 33 points and some horrific performances is normally enough to easily see automatic relegation.

If we do stay up then a massive change is needed. Campbell has had 2 shambolic transfer windows to try and strengthen up front and has failed miserably.

Edited to correct my stupidity.

Edited by Tattie36

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

We may still stay up but we really don’t deserve to.

6 wins, 29 goals, 33 points and some horrific performances is normally enough to easily see automatic relegation.

If we do stay up then a massive change is needed. Campbell has had 3 shambolic transfer windows to try and strengthen up from and has failed miserably. Yes, 3 because the winter transfer window for strikers last season was awful - Ford and Bakare in place of Nouble and Dowds.

Dick deserves all the stick he gets but there is no need to make things up - Wighton and Hamilton replaced Nouble and Dowds.

54 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

You are a fucking fantasist. A lunatic. And people might think I’m hard on you but it’s fully deserved. 

f**k off you absolute idiot