The Arbroath Thread

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

What’s he saying?

It was deserved,” said a visibly disgruntled Campbell, during brief post-match remarks totalling 54 seconds.

“It’s been the same all season. Their strikers take their chances; we don’t.

“It was a very, very, very poor performance and I’m very angry.

“I thought they were better than us and we just need to move on to next Friday.”

I see he has finally noticed there is an issue in front of goal.

5 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

It was deserved,” said a visibly disgruntled Campbell, during brief post-match remarks totalling 54 seconds.

“It’s been the same all season. Their strikers take their chances; we don’t.

“It was a very, very, very poor performance and I’m very angry.

“I thought they were better than us and we just need to move on to next Friday.”

I see he has finally noticed there is an issue in front of goal.

Blablabla

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

We may still stay up but we really don’t deserve to.

6 wins, 29 goals, 33 points and some horrific performances is normally enough to easily see automatic relegation.

If we do stay up then a massive change is needed. Campbell has had 2 shambolic transfer windows to try and strengthen up front and has failed miserably.

Edited to correct my stupidity.

Seems like an accurate assessment to me, none of the cast away bottom 3 really deserve anything frankly...we are likely very very lucky.

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Admittedly I wasn’t there

How can you be so sure about things and comment about a match you never watched ?

There was virtually nothing between the two teams for the first 60 mins - admittedly Arbroath never looked like scoring and created few chances near the 18 yard box, but it was only later in the 2nd half that Thistle moved up a gear - until then there was little between the teams.

Obviously fans are unhappy with today's result - but until mid way through the 2nd half, both teams were sluggish and uninspiring.

Thistle deserved their win - as they improved in the final 30 mins of the match - very little between the teams until then.

33 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

How can you be so sure about things and comment about a match you never watched ?

There was virtually nothing between the two teams for the first 60 mins - admittedly Arbroath never looked like scoring and created few chances near the 18 yard box, but it was only later in the 2nd half that Thistle moved up a gear - until then there was little between the teams.

Obviously fans are unhappy with today's result - but until mid way through the 2nd half, both teams were sluggish and uninspiring.

Thistle deserved their win - as they improved in the final 30 mins of the match - very little between the teams until then.

Ok, as you say I wasn’t there but everyone else that was there (apart from you), even our normally deluded manager think that we were hopeless and that Partick were by far the better team.

Your relentless positivity is admirable but a bit tiresome. Take off the maroon tinted specs occasionally. We are atrocious and will only stay up due to a massive chunk of good fortune in that Cove shat the bed by bringing back Hartley… although that might actually  turn out ok for them in the end.

Edited by Tattie36

41 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

If it wants for Gaston It would have been 4 or 5 nil

55 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

This is, objectively, nonsense. We didn’t play great today but were pretty clearly the better side throughout and probably would have won by 4 or 5 if you had a poorer goalkeeper. 

3 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

11 goals in 17 games in the league at home this season.

Horrific

That’s abhorrent. Even in our worst seasons in this league, which were arguably tougher leagues, I don’t think we were ever as poor as that. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s abhorrent. Even in our worst seasons in this league, which were arguably tougher leagues, I don’t think we were ever as poor as that. 

Plenty Dick apologists out there to say it’s ok tho 

20 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This is, objectively, nonsense. We didn’t play great today but were pretty clearly the better side throughout and probably would have won by 4 or 5 if you had a poorer goalkeeper. 

Thanks for just adding some clarity....as if it was ever required 

Hammy being injured has been a massive loss unfortunately. We went on a great run and played very well in the last  Friday night home game so hopefully can repeat that. 

This season has been grim especially at home and I want to consign it to a distant memory. I can't see us winning any play off games so it's next week or never. 

Put the guys on the pitch that can get a goal. Gold has to play. Linn on the left and attack them. No hanging on for 90 minutes please. 

28 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I see absolutely no reason why we would want to sign a single defensive player next season so that we have cover.

Don't actually understand this. 

Can you explain exactly what you mean.  Sorry,  it's probably just me  !

6 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Don't actually understand this. 

Can you explain exactly what you mean.  Sorry,  it's probably just me  !

I'm bitter because I think we should sign defensive cover next season (and give them a rotation spot), and I thought it was crazy to not have some cover now, but all the happy clappers seem to think that everything is fine and all is well at the back!

In fact, I'm just bitter about everything, what a miserable season its been.