The Arbroath Thread

A passable performance yesterday tho preseason games mean so little (surprising that the home fans reacted so badly to a Balde’s response to a bad challenge).  Falkirk seemed to be able to bring on plenty of subs yet we had relatively few.  We definitely need some defensive cover, even with Hammy returning.  We were opened up a few times at the back tho the customary superb last ditch blocks and tackles meant no further goals conceded.  Is there enough bite in midfield ? (Balde brings this and Gold - is that enough?).  Is a real wide player still required?  I thought Keghan did well coming on so maybe one option back in play.  Having three ‘proper’ attackers is encouraging tho we need to see how they perform and link in real games.  

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

I’m guessing no trialists yesterday means no more trialists signings?

Wouldn’t rule out Hylton yet. Again if these guys are moving up from down south might be back home visiting family, also don’t think he really needs another trial game we know what we’re getting and what he can do and he knows what we’re all about too. Maybe in negotiations with him

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes 😂

That is man bun himself 

Seriously, Jesus f*cking christ. He's just taken the Megabus up the road and is chapping on doors isn't he.

I wasn't at Balmoral yesterday, was at Links Park. Supposedly he was OK but absolutely nothing more. Got a name for him? Hopefully we send him packing ASAP

Edited by CoveRangers1922

33 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Seriously, Jesus f*cking christ. He's just taken the Megabus up the road and is chapping on doors isn't he.

I wasn't at Balmoral yesterday, was at Links Park. Supposedly he was OK but absolutely nothing more. Got a name for him? Hopefully we send him packing ASAP

Na just known as man bun, he looked ok until he actually had to do something with a football.

Edited by afc_36_0

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Not a clue who he is but he’s got a very strong southern English accent. And yeah that sounds like him, I don’t think he’s terrible but we needed much better if we didn’t want to have a similar season to last. 

Heard he was also training with Livingston. 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not a clue who he is but he’s got a very strong southern English accent. And yeah that sounds like him, I don’t think he’s terrible but we needed much better if we didn’t want to have a similar season to last. 

Heard he was also training with Livingston. 

Pretty sure we'll need much better too if we want to come back up.

1 hour ago, farflung lichtie said:

A passable performance yesterday tho preseason games mean so little (surprising that the home fans reacted so badly to a Balde’s response to a bad challenge).  Falkirk seemed to be able to bring on plenty of subs yet we had relatively few.  We definitely need some defensive cover, even with Hammy returning.  We were opened up a few times at the back tho the customary superb last ditch blocks and tackles meant no further goals conceded.  Is there enough bite in midfield ? (Balde brings this and Gold - is that enough?).  Is a real wide player still required?  I thought Keghan did well coming on so maybe one option back in play.  Having three ‘proper’ attackers is encouraging tho we need to see how they perform and link in real games.  

Agree about centre midfield area, worry we’re a bit soft in there, Jacobs isn’t the answer, or McKenna, would prefer him further forward and the same with Allan,  would prefer an actual left sided defender until Hammy returns

Edited by ecto

43 minutes ago, ecto said:

Agree about centre midfield area, worry we’re a bit soft in there, Jacobs isn’t the answer, or McKenna, would prefer him further forward and the same with Allan,  would prefer an actual left sided defender until Hammy returns

Left sided player in works I think 

Would also still like a big bad b*****d in midfield 

41 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Left sided player in works I think 

Would also still like a big bad b*****d in midfield 

He’s not a big b*****d but Balde likes to leave the boot in. I like that a lot 

Falkirk highlights are up.

Apparently Gaston started, and was substituted by himself after their goal, and the first half had twice as many highlights as the second (perhaps because Falkirk weren't very good in the second half) In particular, they didn't show the bad foul on Balde or the handbags involving Tam O'Brien.

17 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Falkirk highlights are up.

Apparently Gaston started, and was substituted by himself after their goal, and the first half had twice as many highlights as the second (perhaps because Falkirk weren't very good in the second half) In particular, they didn't show the bad foul on Balde or the handbags involving Tam O'Brien.

We had a lot of good passages of play in the second half that never came to a shot on goal and Falkirk didn’t really do anything second half either. We finished 

Gold Dow Balde Jacobs 

McKenna and Turan 

Dow really impressive centrally (and deeper than McKenna) the game went through him 

I think right now 

Gaston

Steele 

Little

ToB

Stewart 

Balde 

Dow 

Stowe 

McKenna 

McIntosh 

Bird 

Is the team I’d like to see us start with against Cowdenbeath.

Dilemma when we have another left back in regards to both Hammy and Stewart and also a dilemma in regards to what we do when Slater returns. You’d think he’d be in the team every week but there’s so many players in there.

Really hope we give Stowe plenty of chances too we need one player in the side like him. If he was to just get the last 30 in games would never see the best of him.